General Description of the Ritual
The Critical Tits Ride begins on Friday, September 3rd at 4PM at the man and will end at the Ritual site on the open playa. The Bike Parking Gods will usher riders into organized bike parking areas. From there the women will enter the Ritual on foot, passing through and then becoming part of, the chorus of singers that creates the Serenading Portals who welcome their sisters into the Ritual Ring. The circumference of the Ring is composed of the bodies of our Sacred Space Holders. At each of the cardinal points (East, South, North, West) along the circumference of the Ritual Ring will be a group of Drummers, their rhythms inspired by the stage of a woman's life - child, maiden, warrior mother, and crone. As the ritual reaches a critical mass of tits, one of our High Priestesses will call our hearts to attention and guide us through an hour long ecstatic dance Body Prayer, connecting us to self, each other, ancestors and beyond. At the close of the ritual, we will honor the men who have helped us, snaking out of the ring, circling our brothers and inviting them into the dance.
1) Strapping Set Up Crew - We need volunteers on Friday morning at 11:00AM to help set up. Often these people return at the time of the event to participate in one of the other volunteer groups as well; how awesome is that enthusiasm?! Takes quite a strapping spirit to pull that off, and BRC is full of them!
2) Bike Parking Gods - You are the prelude to the ritual. As the women arrive, they are greeted by the Bike Parking Gods who welcome them, direct them where to park and guide them toward the Serenading Portals. Heartfelt compliments and smiles are also part of the job description! As the bike traffic ebbs, you will be invited to join the Sacred Space Holders along the circumference of the Ritual Ring.
3) Serenading Portals - Women enter the Ritual Ring thru the Serenading Portals - a chorus of singers in two lines serenading the entering participants. As they reach the end of the portal, women will be encouraged to become part of the tunnel and welcome their sisters in. The director and 12 to 20 choir members of the Playa Choir will be the heart of the music and welcome other inspired voices to join. The music will be simple and powerful and easy to join into. Volunteers to invite the women to become part of the chain would be helpful.
4) Sacred Space Holders - This important role is crucial for creating a safe space for women to experience the ritual. The powerful souls who choose to be Sacred Space Holders will stand along the circumference of the Ring, facing out towards the playa. Standing as the wall of integrity between the women and the camera looky-loos, they also invite kindred souls to spontaneously participate by getting off their bikes, putting down their cameras, turning their backs to the ritual and joining in holding the sacred space. This calls for BIG hearts and grounded spirits!
5) Drummers - At each of the cardinal points (East, South, North, West) along the circumference of the Ritual Ring will be a group of drummers. Their rhythms, inspired by the stage of a woman's life - child, maiden, warrior mother, and crone, will create the grounding heart beat of the ritual.
6) Masters of MOOP - After the ritual ends, which we expect will be around 6 PM, we need to take all rebar and stakes out of the ground and walk a grid to check for MOOP. Any and all who choose to join us for this essential conclusion to the ritual will be showered from head to toe with gratitude and receive a Thank You of the Highest Order from The Cheeky Comrades of the Critical Tits Crew.
7) Art Cars - We need help transporting our stakes, flag poles, flags, water containers and possible dance floor. The run out to the site happens at around 10AM Friday morning. The return trip around 6:30PM Friday evening. Can't tell you how thrilled we'd be to have your kind of muscle!
So now that you know how much fun you can have and what a difference you can make, talk to us and pass the word - the more the merrier and the deeper the dive!
- You can also find us on Facebook. Log in and search for Sacred Space Holders
- or read a bit of our story on http://blog.burningman.com/digital-righ ... -the-ride/
Still with me? I am the Drummer Coordinatrix would love your help getting the word out!