Moshe!

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

Postby DVD Burner » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:16 pm

atossab,

Did you really join eplaya in June?

You should be prepaired for a wild fun ride. You seem strong enough to take it.

Stick around awhile. :lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Bob » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:32 pm

Well, congrats on using your real name, rare as it is. Some of my best cow orkers were Persian. Most use title-case for their names, though.

Back on topic -- by analogy, the real playa is full of imagery and expression that may be brutal in the extreme. The rest of the year, it's perhaps more worthwhile to discuss real people getting run over by real vehicles, than somebody with a bullhorn threatening to kill your family, who's obviously joshing. Agree, or disagree?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby atossab » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:19 am

"most use title case"... I just used my email address, it was easy. = ) Yes, I agree with you. It was a waste of time to freak about the post, there are FAR more important real world topics to consider. Thanks for your reply. As for people getting run over, here is something to think about. When my friends and I heard the news last year, I thought it had made a real impression on all of us. Shockingly, the next day, someone I was with saw their favorite art car riding by, and decided to run into its path and lay down on the ground underneath it as it passed. Granted it was raised quite far off the ground and was moving very slow, but I'll never forget the look on the faces of the drivers! I hope everyone takes responsiblity for what happens to them on the playa.

I have been reading e-playa since last year before the burn, just wasn't the chatroom type. This year I joined because I wanted to find a ticket on the site instead of elsewhere. = ) I'm glad I did. [/img]
atossab

Previous

Return to Feature Requests