Camp Israel is looking for participants, sound system, djs

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:18 am

P.S. it would be nice if this thread can solve this problem and get back to what could be lots of fun. (well it is fun in another way. but it's not what's prefered.)

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DE FACTO » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:25 am

Woha!

Is it time for DE FACTO!
even though...........
DE FACTO

Postby Lilly Flower » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:29 am

No I think it would be nice if Isotopia had a say here.

Good bad and ugly.

Oh my.

(well maybe Kelly also.)
You are watching too much TV.
Lilly Flower

Postby THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:32 am

Alice!

Just trying to put some fun into it.
THE ORIGINAL DIGIMAN

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:34 am

Night ya'll.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby G.W.B. » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:01 am

Grand Whopping Bastard.
G.W.B.

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:29 am

Lizzy-NOT-wiz needs to be directed to the politics thread creadted by Joel.

viewtopic.php?t=3173&highlight=

And if she is too lazy to read what we have been deliberating for several months now then so be it. It's to be expected being she is from Texas. :lol:

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby bullD » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:58 am

DVDBurner,,, you are starting to bore me with you're name calling and personal assumptions, i.e., from Texas so must be lazy. You're posts have been rife with these tactics. Again, when you practice this sort of childish dagger throwing, you reveal something unsavory about yourself. You actually showed a sign of maturity when you said "P.S. it would be nice if this thread can solve this problem and get back to what could be lots of fun."
So, getting back to the original post, what exactly is you're problem with it. In other words, BE MORE SPECIFIC! I will say it again, Give a good idea about what is on you're mind and people can positively react, give a shallow statement that leaves people guessing then expect nothing in return.
bullD

Postby blyslv » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:55 am

"There is no such thing as palestinians today. There are Israelis, there are Jordanians, and there are arabs.

Just like there are no Romans today. Just Italians. (unless you mean the people from the city of Rome).

The term Palestinian left the scene when the British did in the '40s. It was a British term for all the people, Jews and Arabs, that lived in the area that is now Israel and Jordan. The Jews got Israel and the Arabs got Jordan."

In the next post Lizwiz wrote:

The camp is not a political camp or a camp designed for politcal discussion.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from being self-contradictory, that is the nastiest, meanest, most anti human thing I've ever read on this board. It's pretty shocking and sad actually.

"Only white people have the luxury to say this. (Said in response to “Why can’t people leave their ethnicities behind?)"

This weekend I met a gent from Senegal. After awhile I asked what tribe he was from (Wolof, Peul, Fulani ect?). He said that he'd left all that behind, that he was sick of people splitting themselves up into tribes and ethnicities. He left Senegal and lived in Arizona for the past 26 years and seemed very happy. Maybe it's not a luxury but a necessity in these days of anger and hate.

Thats as silly as saying , why dont we leave our genders behnd and be burners.

It's not at all silly. In fact many of of us do exactly that! In fact I hope you all come by for a drink at the Gender Blender Bar.

When I read the original post I cringed a bit, because I read it as meaning you had to be Jewish and Zionist to boot to be welcome there. It may be that I misread, but it was kind of confusing and it didn't seem very inclusive.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby bullD » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:03 am

blyslv: Thank you for being SPECIFIC. THAT is the kind of post that Lizwiz can use to move POSITIVELY FORWARD.
Although my gender is static I will stop by the Gender Blender Bar. :)
bullD

Re: History website

Postby Ron » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:12 am

lizwiz wrote:http://www.masada2000.org/historical.html

:)

That's just funny. Lizwiz, if you want to post propoganda as historical fact at least bother to write the words yourself. Saying "I don't want to talk about this, I'll just post this link," is a bit disingenuous, seems to me.

Any reference work that uses quotations to refer to a people's self idenity has already displayed its biases. Just as I'd consider that while I read a text on the "Native Americans," I'll be aware of it while I read stuff that talks about he "Palastinians," or so on.

Again, if you can't respect a people, or person, enough to allow them to choose thier own name, and then use that name when you speak, you can't respect them enough to make peace with them, seems to me.

Ron
Ron

~

Postby sparkletarte » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:49 am

bullD, I understand your reasoning for asking for specific things that are offensive. Honestly, when I read this thread, I was too flabbergasted to get into them. There was too much and I was stunned at what lizwiz was saying. That's why I didn't get into specific comments. As well, I saw that through her subsequent posts, she really had no clue about what Dvd was trying to gently point out to her. I didn't see a point in itemizing what the problems are, as they are more systemic than just taking a sentence and saying it is offensive.

That said, the posts above this one have done a good job at picking a few.
However, when someone's beliefs are so ingrained that they sincerely don't see what the problem is, nor do they appear to be interested in learning about why there are problems, I doubt that a few remarks on message board are going to change their mind. I can't see lizwiz using any comments made here to 'move forward'- every reponse she has given to what people have said only digs her in deeper. Unless of course those comments are offers to help her with what she needs for her camp- that will help her move forward with putting her camp together, but not, unfortunately, with her mindset....unless her needs are met by some Palestinians- that would be quite interesting and maybe that would be a neat way for her camp to morph.
sparkletarte

Postby Bob » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:01 am

In my opinion, somebody in this thread (again and again and again) is a little shit-stirring liar hoping his post counts under multiple identities will earn him a few frequent-eplaya-poster Burning Man tickets he can sell for booze. Too bad it doesn't work that way. I'll give him an A for effort, tho -- it's no mean feat to type with one arm handcuffed to a ceiling fan.

Whoever said there are no flags at Burning Man is a liar, but as usual I don't believe they'll ever really have been there either physically or in their right mind.

All 30,000 of us hate the hateful Zionist devils of Camp Israel and the hateful brobdingnagian hegemony of hate for which they stand, but only because of the techno.

BTW, pls send any ex-Mossad over to DPW Recruitment.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Isotopia » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:19 am

BTW, pls send any ex-Mossad over to DPW Recruitment.

Or to Gate.
Isotopia

Postby Isotopia » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:22 am

somebody in this thread (again and again and again) is a little shit-stirring liar hoping his post counts under multiple identities will earn him a few frequent-eplaya-poster Burning Man tickets he can sell for booze.

Hey De Facto/Lilly Flower/DVD Burner...

Got Clue?
Isotopia

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:52 am

Hey Iso and Bob. you guys are right, let Camp Israel live. I shall hope to be converted to Judaism once I leave the playa this year also.

Shalom.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby moshe! » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:07 am

DVD Burner wrote:
moshe! wrote:
Genocide?

"gen·o·cide   n.
The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group."

Dood, I like you and have gotten your back on eplaya when you have done some narley jokes. But this time you are wrong.
. But yes, Sharone is doing some outrageous shit to Palestine. Soon there will be no if not very little Palestinians in Palestine.
Please do some research. Eplayans pride themselfs on acurate cites. That's what makes Eplaya awsome.

Actually, I majored in religious studies with a focus on some of this stuff. I studied in israel for six months and have visited the area coming up on six times(actually the 6th will be this july where I will be leading a trip of young adults ) I have heard speakers ranging from Michael Lerner to Sharansky. Ihave dedicated myself to the study of this subject and think I know a bit about it. To date there are about two thousand palestinians and about seven hundred israelis killed in the intafada that has raged the past three years. Hardly genocide on either side. Horrible? Dear God yes. Genocide? Doesnt even come close to the definition. There are millions of Palestinians. Unless DVD you know somthing the rest of the world does not , there is nothing to support your claim that soon there will be no palestinans left in Palestine. Look up the Human Rights Watch report on Jenin. Now its time for you to do some research.
moshe!

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:16 am

moshe!,

Why is it that no one wants to look at the whole picture. What is it that has people focusing on only the past 3 years when everyone knows this situation has been several decades in the making as the statistics I've posted from several different sources state. 10's of thousands have been killed over the years. Why? because everyone over there are too silly to recognize that it's what the british and americas that created that situation wanted.

I think it's really too bad that no one is smart enough to see that. (well those that created apartied and created hitler do.)

Same people folks. and they are running the problems of the day as they always will.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:19 am

anyway it would be nice to take the politics over to the politics thread and let Liz find her DJ's with what's left of this thread.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby moshe! » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:21 am

"Tens of thousands have been killed"

IF you are talking about since 1967 , this is simply not true. 1967 and prior, we are talking about war fatalities which had tens of thousands of deaths on both sides. Your numbers are screwey.
moshe!

Re: ~

Postby bullD » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:27 am

sparkletarte wrote:bullD, I understand your reasoning for asking for specific things that are offensive. Honestly, when I read this thread, I was too flabbergasted to get into them...

That said, the posts above this one have done a good job at picking a few...

unless her needs are met by some Palestinians- that would be quite interesting and maybe that would be a neat way for her camp to morph.

I hear ya!! :)

I will be on my pedicab, wave me down, I will give you and yours a first timers tour of the city. :P
bullD

Postby bullD » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:29 am

DVD Burner wrote:Hey Iso and Bob. you guys are right, let Camp Israel live. I shall hope to be converted to Judaism once I leave the playa this year also.

Shalom.

Still throwing childish daggers I see... Yes you should take you're political views to the politics thread,,, bye bye.
bullD

Postby bullD » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:32 am

moshe!:
dont give DVDBurner the time or energy. :)
bullD

Re: ~

Postby Ron » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:43 am

sparkletarte wrote:... I doubt that a few remarks on message board are going to change their mind.

For myself, I almost never post to change anyone's mind. Most of the time my goals are much more selfish than that...;)

Ron
Ron

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:11 pm

I was pm'd to join this camp after admitting that I have jewish blood on the 'why so whyte" thread.
In so far as I am interested in jewish culture/identity it is strongly, privately identifying as "Disapora Jew" as Tony Kushner discusses it in his liner notes to Klematics Album "Ghosts." (Of course, his lyrics to the song on that album are brillient, and that song haunted me for days after 9/11.)

I am always nervous when jews go to camp.

Does any of htis amuse Rob the Wop?
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby stuart » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:24 pm

My camp will be the happiest most positive place on the playa.

those of us from camp hi! take exception to this. Just look at our name. In addition to the LNT tour there will also be a 'happiest camp' tour which will decide which camp is smiliest and most drama free. Until then please refer to the cease and decist order regarding your claims of happiness superiority.
stuart

Postby blyslv » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:38 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I was pm'd to join this camp after admitting that I have jewish blood

That's what I don't understand. Are there certain immutable charecteristics that one must have before they would be included in the camp? Are goyim excluded? Doesn't seem like radical inclusivity to me.

Myself, I'm O+.
Fight for the fifth freedom!
blyslv

Postby bullD » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:47 pm

stuart wrote:
My camp will be the happiest most positive place on the playa.

those of us from camp hi! take exception to this. Just look at our name. In addition to the LNT tour there will also be a 'happiest camp' tour which will decide which camp is smiliest and most drama free. Until then please refer to the cease and decist order regarding your claims of happiness superiority.

ehhh, LNT tour?

While were on the subject of tours, remember peeps that I will be giving rides/tours on my pedicab,, all you have to do is ask. Oh, and smiling because you are HAPPY is a good thing as well. Otherwise, at the first sign of attitude you will be forced to take over the pedaling... :lol: :lol:
bullD

Postby Release Me » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:50 pm

The camp name itself screems of exclusivity. If that is what they want...let them play with themselves...
Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
Release Me

Postby Bob » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:18 pm

Release Me wrote:The camp name itself screems of exclusivity. If that is what they want...let them play with themselves...

Shirley, you're mistaking them for the Lust Tribe of Hedon.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

PreviousNext

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities