soul pad on the playa

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

soul pad on the playa

Postby shpongleoid » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:45 pm

first time on the playa this year, bringing my 5m soulpad tent. Definetly using rebar stakes for the guy lines, but does anyone have experience on what to use for the sewn in groundsheet pegs?
All is possible! Its remembering, it is so, that gets tricky!!!!!! So take wise risks my freinds
shpongleoid

Re: soul pad on the playa

Postby Rice » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:44 pm

shpongleoid wrote:first time on the playa this year, bringing my 5m soulpad tent. Definetly using rebar stakes for the guy lines, but does anyone have experience on what to use for the sewn in groundsheet pegs?

Hi!! Welcome to the ePlaya...

I would not sweet it too much!! The last two years I just used 6" metal tent pegs to hold my 30' x 50' tarp on the ground. (I'm talking the one that come with the tent. My tarp was completely on the ground as well...)

You might want to have some weight on the windward side of the tent for comfort, but beyond that you should be fine.

(please keep in mind, that was MY experience, your experience may infact be different ;) )

Don't forget to read the survival manual till you can quote it: http://www.burningman.com/preparation/e ... index.html

See ya on the playa!

Rice
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Return to Shelter & Camping