West Coast Swing dancing on the playa????

Postby santacruz122 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 am

I'm new at this posting stuff and this is my second attempt as I don't see that my first attempt ever got posted. So if it is out there somewhere in duplicate please forgive my ignorance. I'd like to connect with and coordinate some gatherings for any and all West Coast Swing dancers attending BM. With so many dancers roaming about there must be some that like to partner dance. I found some Blues and Tango dancing last year but not much luck finding any Westies. So if any of you are out there and want to get a group together to dance, let me know and I'll try to coordinate something. see ya on the playa! Norman
santacruz122

Postby Clar-i-ty » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm in for contra dancing!
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby cybunny » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:37 am

Hey Swing Dancing sounds awesome! I'll look for you with some of my swinging friends...post when you have a time and place!
cybunny

Postby jkisha » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 am

Count me in.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ConnieH » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Come to the Cornhole at Farmopolis!! We are planning nightly Western themed games and shenanigans, Manchanical bull riding and naughty square dancing - swing dancing would fit right in :)

We find out tomorrow if/where we are placed, but we are shooting for 4:30 nearish Esplanade....
ConnieH

Postby Aylin » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:56 am

Hmm, are you coordinating general partner dancing, or purely west coast? If you're doing east coast or lindy, I'm definitely in (although I'll take a look if you're doing west coast).
Aylin

Postby dmr5678 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:39 pm

I was thinking of organizing a WCS happy hour at my camp... I'm a little overbooked schedule-wise at this point, but if there's other WCS burners who'd are interested, I'd be down for attempting a gathering... or maybe doing something next year. Drop me a line!
dmr5678

Postby jkisha » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Aylin wrote:Hmm, are you coordinating general partner dancing, or purely west coast? If you're doing east coast or lindy, I'm definitely in (although I'll take a look if you're doing west coast).

East Coast/West Coast the same music works for both styles of Swing.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ashleyisachild » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:29 am

I'm in for swing, lindy, blues, square, contra.... any of it!

Did you guys get placement?
ashleyisachild

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:14 am

Norman coordinate.

I get it.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

contra dance at Athens 4:30

Postby mkstowegnv » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:19 am

For those who don't already know - there will be a contradance camp this year http://burningmancontradance.com Athens and 4:30 . If you are not already on our mailing list, and would like to be, please send me your email (by pm or to mkstowegnv@gmail.com). We are dancing every night starting at 8:30, but I am urging all contraburners to make a particular point of showing up Mon and Tues when it would be especially great to have a critical mass of experienced dancers to get things rolling.

Will make an ePlaya post about our camp soon when I can confirm the commitment of the third member of our second band Nor'easter (the 'maine act' is Perpetual e-Motion)

Hope to see you on our dance floor.

Best wishes, Mark Stowe

Mark Stowe
2418 SE 30th Pl Gainesville, FL 32641
352 373 3202 (let it ring to forward to cell/voicemail if needed) fax
352 378 8152
for my work with tandem recumbent trikes and the severely handicapped
see the currently very minimal website at http://homepage.mac.com/
mkstowegnv/trike.htm
Mark Stowe
for my work with tandem recumbent trikes and the severely
handicapped see the currently very minimal website at
http://homepage.mac.com/mkstowegnv/trike.htm (see the movie)
mkstowegnv

Postby santacruz122 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:16 pm

It appears that there are good prospects for getting some partner dance time in at the Tangoed Up in Blues camp (across from center camp). They have a chalk board out front with a schedule of classes on it that they will be teaching. I'll try to post a time there for West Coast Swing dancers to join them. Lindy/ECS certainly welcomed. Hell, I guess everyone is welcomed, it's BM! But hopefully they'll be some burners needing a WCS fix. Thanks Ted for allowing us to share your floor a bit and for the great camp you folks create. see ya soon, Norm
santacruz122

Return to 2010 Theme Camps