LEO flash mob?

Postby knowmad » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:16 pm

knowmad wrote:
bm_cricket wrote:Sunday sounds brilliant. What time? Are there any other major day-time events on Sunday? Things that are likely to conflict with us?

Does anyone feel like posting this to other interesting and related forums? Maybe tribe or the like?

EYE-EYE Skipper! I'm on it. Right after I Finish me rum.



[FrakinPirates!]

Mission accomplished! posted to Tribe http://bm.tribe.net/thread/375e0e5b-5854-454d-9311-d59fac0ddf30
[*Anny Job Worth doing is worth doing with Rum in ye'r belly.*]
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby bm_cricket » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:58 pm

knowmad wrote:Mission accomplished! posted to Tribe http://bm.tribe.net/thread/375e0e5b-5854-454d-9311-d59fac0ddf30
[*Anny Job Worth doing is worth doing with Rum in ye'r belly.*]


With my last exam of the quarter finished it's Fat Tire time. Cheers!
Image
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Image
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
User avatar
Bounce530
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 am
Location: H at about 4:25ish
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby bm_cricket » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Bounce530 wrote:Image


That was quick... This is going to be good. We do need to set a time and a place.
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby geospyder » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:05 pm

...and then there are a few that actually leave their badge and gun at home and participate. Seeing the shock and then jealousy on the faces of people that are on duty when they are recognized is really funny.
Don't believe everything you think.
User avatar
geospyder
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: South of the Playa
Burning Since: 2009

Postby bm_cricket » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 pm

geospyder wrote:...and then there are a few that actually leave their badge and gun at home and participate. Seeing the shock and then jealousy on the faces of people that are on duty when they are recognized is really funny.


I have one friend up there who does exactly that. Nice guy. He and his partner both come up to the burn and have a blast. They are older and they both see a more "administrative" side of the event than I do, but when they are on the playa they sure as hell aren't cops. Good, law abiding citizen he is, but he doesn't play by the usual rules. Nothing his supervises would get angry about but they would probably look at him differently if they only knew. Oooh if they only knew..

In other words, I don't want to antagonize the cops, I just want to make a scene and make heads turn.. It would be fun if we even get a few undercover cops dressing up as cops to join in our festivities. Levels upon levels of madness!
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:38 pm

So. I hate to let this fall apart through age. I've been thinking/reading on past year's Sunday events and I can't think of any big ones on Sunday at ~2-3ish. What do people think about meeting at around ~2pm on Sunday at Center camp and spreading out from thereby around 2:30pm?

It looks like this year I'll need to bring/use a watch! Damn!
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:39 am

Sunday?
Sunday?
Dude, everybody's going to be packing up on Sunday. You'd be lucky to get 2 dozen.

Just sayin'.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37413
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby bm_cricket » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:30 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Sunday?
Sunday?
Dude, everybody's going to be packing up on Sunday. You'd be lucky to get 2 dozen.

Just sayin'.


You have a good point. I welcome suggestions.
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby knowmad » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Fryday. And watches at the burn suck. watches suck in defaultia too, just make you late. but seriously a good way to begin it would be a core group that marches/mob art cars, and make a circuit around BRC collecting Superpeople along the way.we'll just be dressed as superman all day annyhoo. oh and one of my camp mates wants to know if Clark-Kent costumes count.
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby knowmad » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:05 pm

bm_cricket wrote:
Bounce530 wrote:Image


That was quick... This is going to be good. We do need to set a time and a place.
that looks kinda creepy. Are you shirt cocking?
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby bm_cricket » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:09 pm

knowmad wrote:Fryday. And watches at the burn suck. watches suck in defaultia too, just make you late. but seriously a good way to begin it would be a core group that marches/mob art cars, and make a circuit around BRC collecting Superpeople along the way.we'll just be dressed as superman all day annyhoo. oh and one of my camp mates wants to know if Clark-Kent costumes count.


I think we are crossing the threads. For Leo purposes I think police costume of some sort seems in order. A badge at very least.

But you have a good point about the watches. I've never had one out there and I don't know what I would do with one if I did. Unfortunately the only two times that I know people have internal clocks for are dawn and dusk but neither of them seem very good for this purpose.
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby fbcota » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 am

I'm game. Sounds like a great idea. There is not a chance anyone is going to get arrested unless we have real badges and ID. Even then, people would need to seriously go overboard for the cops to care enough to haul anyone away.

Sounds like a great idea, I will run it round the Reno Camps when I get back in July.
User avatar
fbcota
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Reno, and Tahoe, and Somewere else

Postby geospyder » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:50 pm

fbcota wrote:I'm game. Sounds like a great idea. There is not a chance anyone is going to get arrested unless we have real badges and ID. Even then, people would need to seriously go overboard for the cops to care enough to haul anyone away.

Sounds like a great idea, I will run it round the Reno Camps when I get back in July.


What if the real badges and IDs are "real"? Maybe written up for being out of uniform?
Don't believe everything you think.
User avatar
geospyder
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: South of the Playa
Burning Since: 2009

Postby geospyder » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Bounce530 - check out your private messages.
Don't believe everything you think.
User avatar
geospyder
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: South of the Playa
Burning Since: 2009

Postby knowmad » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:33 pm

bm_cricket wrote:
knowmad wrote:Fryday. And watches at the burn suck. watches suck in defaultia too, just make you late. but seriously a good way to begin it would be a core group that marches/mob art cars, and make a circuit around BRC collecting Superpeople along the way.we'll just be dressed as superman all day annyhoo. oh and one of my camp mates wants to know if Clark-Kent costumes count.


I think we are crossing the threads. For Leo purposes I think police costume of some sort seems in order. A badge at very least.

But you have a good point about the watches. I've never had one out there and I don't know what I would do with one if I did. Unfortunately the only two times that I know people have internal clocks for are dawn and dusk but neither of them seem very good for this purpose.
Mybad! it was proly cause those flat tires and rum. and yeah it's a cross thread mess from a planed Superman world record atempt planed for Burn-day started by greenthumb85 (shameless cross thread bump) but I found a cool Canukanuk mounties uniform, sans pants. mabye a tutu? should be fun!!!
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby bm_cricket » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 am

knowmad wrote:Mybad! it was proly cause those flat tires and rum. and yeah it's a cross thread mess from a planed Superman world record atempt planed for Burn-day started by greenthumb85 (shameless cross thread bump) but I found a cool Canukanuk mounties uniform, sans pants. mabye a tutu? should be fun!!!


Has there been any talk on the tribe forum about a good date/time? Sunday, indeed, sounds too late. While I don't usually leave until Tuesday when our gear leaves I guess that isn't normal.

We can shoot for something closer to Friday? Afternoon? The city will be damn close to max population by then too! And we can do a little freak out for all those kids who just showed up on Friday for the phaaarrrttaaayyyy!! Wooooo!!

:twisted:
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 am

Theres a town in AZ. called eager. Geat big wooden sign in front of the police station EAGER POLICE, but I cant find a picture. They do sell patches though............lol.........
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Postby bm_cricket » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:24 am

FIGJAM wrote:Theres a town in AZ. called eager. Geat big wooden sign in front of the police station EAGER POLICE, but I cant find a picture. They do sell patches though............lol.........


Hm.. I've been known to get a little eager to pull out the handcuffs?...
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby knowmad » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Rose Water Mace!!!
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:24 am

knowmad wrote:Rose Water Mace!!!


Optional mandatory uniform with fuzzy handcuffs, rosewater mace, foam padded beat-stick, huge push-broom mustache, and ticket-pad filled with nonsense citations? If anyone is out of uniform I will give them a fashion police ticket. :-)
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby FaeTora » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:25 am

Body searches on demand?
We break to remind us how to mend.
User avatar
FaeTora
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:30 am

FaeTora wrote:Body searches on demand?


I can deal with that. Who gets searched? Is this like playing doctor?
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby Remark » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:06 am

Am I the only one who thinks bm cricket should dress as Lt. Jim Dangle...Separated at birth? Awesome performance piece possibilities.

Mr. Cricket, please please find a male prostitute on roller skates (...for the performance piece...)
User avatar
Remark
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Hoquiam, WA
Burning Since: 2001

Postby bm_cricket » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:50 am

Remark wrote:Am I the only one who thinks bm cricket should dress as Lt. Jim Dangle...Separated at birth? Awesome performance piece possibilities.

Mr. Cricket, please please find a male prostitute on roller skates (...for the performance piece...)


Just a few days ago I think it was determined that there are no prostitutes at Burning Man assuming everyone obeys the gifting community guidelines. But I'm sure I can find a man dressed as a women at the roller disco.
)'(
User avatar
bm_cricket
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My mind is on the road to BRC
Burning Since: 2008

Postby Joe Buck » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:28 pm

This is a really fun idea!

Me and a couple camp mates actually did this on a small scale last year, sort of a last minute thing when I found a motorcycle cop helmet a week before leaving for BM. Combined with a uniform shirt, cop glasses and ass-less leather chaps and boots! My female back-up were pretty risque too! It was quite comical to see how people reacted when we "busted" them for fashion violations, just muttered something made up off the top of the head and spoken with that authoritarian cop monotone...

"Ma'am you are in violation of Black Rock City fashion code 90 stroke 180 I'm going to have to ask you to remove the tube top, ma'am don't make put you under arrest *while reaching for the cuffs*

Almost everyone is taken in, at least for a few seconds regardless of the chaps and thong, and quite a few others were pretty uncertain whether it was real or fake after quite a bit of interaction! Not too surprisingly many people gladly went along with it and wanted to be taken into custody and cuffed, and receive a punishment. I doubt the real LEOs would do anything but laugh when they see you accosting people for fashion violations, that's not part of the Nevada uniform code I'm sure!

A friend found some joke citations online that would be fun to give out. My girl friend and I have been contemplating getting some patches made up that said something like Black Rock City Fashion enforcement with some pithy slogan, would be fun to gift to folks after terrorizing them. Might just have to happen this year; can't have a proper "metropolis" without corrupt and easily bribed cops enforcing vague rules by fiat!

At the local Utah burn last week my girl and me had a lot of fun with another manifestation of this idea, it was more the fashion gestapo than police; think coronal klink and you get an idea. Worked people over at the greeters gate in a fun way and a lot of people really got into it and had a fun time with the idea!

I think you can count the two of us in for the mass LEO idea!
User avatar
Joe Buck
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 pm
Location: City of Salt

Postby Joe Buck » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:15 pm

A picture is worth a thousand words it has been said...

Image

Image
User avatar
Joe Buck
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 pm
Location: City of Salt

Postby Joe Buck » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:30 pm

And I hesitated a moment to add this one (if only because I have no recollection of it happening), but just to caution what can happen on the playa when law enforcement goes awry!

Image
User avatar
Joe Buck
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 pm
Location: City of Salt

Postby fbcota » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:35 pm

I think mid day on thursday or friday would work well for big impact. We would need allot of people though to really make it magical.

You know, we could let real LEO join us and just make it fun for all! Just an idea, a LEO flash mob dancing and partying with a mix of fake LEO and the real ones. Should put some giant smiles on the faces of everyone passing by.
User avatar
fbcota
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Reno, and Tahoe, and Somewere else

Postby EspressoDude » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:58 am

methinks early in the week, when folks have just arrived, and don't have their minds yet into the event, still somewhat in default...OMG busted for parking violations, camping in the wrong place, too much Iliano wear, hair not grungy enuff, over consumption of EL wire, inadequate gifting, etc.

Then there is the 'security' searches...."Are you carrying any loaded weapons? Items of mass destruction? Drugs? Alcohol? "

Camp Nosefish did a Homeland Security gig with roadblocks at 3:00 plaza a few years back and it was a hoot! Real uniforms/white shirts with patches, etc. BLM rangers loved it!
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
User avatar
EspressoDude
 
Posts: 4714
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: the first Vancouver

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Art & Performance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests