All About Participating in the Pottie Project

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Postby illy dilly » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:25 am

I could do that!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby robbidobbs » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 pm

GASP! Logging Man is FOUND! I was dreading all this time that he'd found his immolation last year. Thank you Pinemom for showing him a good time.

Doc - thank you again for your hospitality and support.

ygmir - I'm looking forward to working with you. Thank you.

illy dilly - the job is easy:
1. distribute tp to potties between cleaning
2. remind me to drink water
3. listen to my bullshit

If you enjoy being loud and proud, want to make a serious contribution to the City and love poo poo humor, then the Pottie Project needs you.

The DOE is just waiting for a sunny day to start building the Pottie PA and Auditory Assault Weapon. The bowels of the pottie project are in motion.

I'm not sure what you're referring to ygmir "potty poetry page"? If you or anyone have any ideas for signs this is the thread to post them. We'd like to see a few that talk about leaving pee-bottles in the porta-johns.

I've got to jump off now, as this coffee shop I'm wifi'ing at is playing country music.

Kisses all around,
RobbiDobbs
Chief Poopervisor of the Pottie-Project
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
13 years of doing the porta-potties wrong.
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby ygmir » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:11 pm

a bottle "pee"
if used by thee,
is handy, and, it's clean
don't leave it here,
when you park your rear,
Or Robbidobbs will get mean.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby illy dilly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:01 am

Pee bottles are great
But we all hate
those burners who
drop them in blue goo
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby robbidobbs » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:08 am

Very nice poo-ems ygmir & illy dilly. Thank you. They will be published.

Not a lot is happening at Pottie Central right now due to weather and other difficulties which I don't care to divulge. Let's just leave it that Gonzo has become an expensive date but well worth the effort. We'll both have a lot of time on our hands in the next couple months, so pooetry will be flowing freely from his pen. I need to get rolling on sewing and sign inventory here soon. No need to panic yet, but day 100 is fast approaching Campers.

Last night at the local pub a young gent engaged Gonzo and I in conversation about TTITD. He kept going on about the sensationalism of BM that the nooze media keeps throwing up at the normals. We just told him it's really about dirt, 35 mph dirt storms, heat, dehydration and dirt. He didn't like the idea of this (he thought it was one big rave) so he wandered off. Some people just can't appreciate good camping fun.

Me? I enjoy hanging out at porta-potties and 50-75 mph dirt storms. That always makes normals shut up and wander away. I still have the DPW bumper-sticker on the PoopMobile: My best vacation is your worse nightmare.

Tis true, tis true.

So gentle Campers, be well, stay safe and keep the dirt of the Playa in your hearts no matter what happens in your Default life.

Gratefully,
RobbiDobbs
robbidobbs

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

what once started out as a Hobby
now commands quite a powerful lobby
i'll give you a scoop
it's all about poop
so get off yer Ass and help Robbi.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby robbidobbs » Tue May 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Thank you Simon. That's definitely a sign for the Adopt a Pottie campaign.

Greetings Campers!
It is 2 weeks until day 100 and my buttocks is getting antsy. There's a shit-load of work to do and I know too well how egregious it truly is.

I have a new addition to the Pottie-Project - The Pottie-Booklets. It's a collection of signs from previous years. I want to bind them and offer them to the Community to expunge art upon. They will include instructions on what they are and how best to utilize them. The goal is to offer the Community an opportunity to write their art on them and hopefully provide me with entertainment for years to come.

It's been raining/sleeting here at Pottie-Central so the Pottie-PA isn't yet finished, but the good work continues.

This is your wake-up call Campers. The dead-line to panic is only 2 wks away.

E-Playans: If you see any schenanigans about potties on the internet, I have only you to squish the perpetrators. I'm seriously counting on you, as I'm still disgustingly semi-online. I had to drink BEER at the local pub to give you this missive.

Loving you all,
RobbiDobbs
Chief Poopervisor of the Pottie-Project
robbidobbs

Postby Thecatman » Mon May 17, 2010 5:25 pm

Don't you just hate
When you have to poo
and You know its your fate
That your ass will be painted blue
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!
"We in Arizona (and the rest of the United States) have been more than patient waiting for Washington to act."
"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby jerroc » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:58 am

Can a water/vinager mix be sprayed on the pottie seats?
jerroc

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:14 am

why bother ?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:04 pm

That's right, just do what Dick does: piss all over them instead.
Dr. Pyro

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby AntiM » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 am

jerroc wrote:Can a water/vinager mix be sprayed on the pottie seats?

Before or after? Because after, people will think it is pee and that makes it worse.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby robbidobbs » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Good Morrow Campers
The Pottie-Project proceeds a-pace.
Gonzo's and my living quarters are invaded by pottie-signs.
I've been separating them alphabetically to get a good inventory done.
Gonzo's still writing MORE as we speak.
Cripes, he needs to drink more.
I truly appreciate your contributions, and I have lifted signs from this thread to print tonight.

BTW: any positive attention to our beautiful toilets is a good thing. Just don't make the problem worse with your efforts.

I am still in need of a graphic of our fair city in a app version that I can read. Or just a graphic that has ABC/2,3,4 etc. If you have one, just let me know what it was made in and I'll figure out if I can see it.

Whirled Domination is at hand.

Loving you all,
RobbiDobbs
robbidobbs

Postby Janet Planet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Pollyanna here!
I was so impressed with the cleanliness and good condition of the potties in 2009.

Potty Training: don't hover, nothing but poo and pee.

On the final morning I witnessed a fabulous topless woman flag down one of the hardworking heroic portapotty trucks and hand the guy a $20 bill. It's nice to thank these unsung heroes, in a currency they can use.
Janet Planet

Camp Name: Grandma Frum's Painful Candy

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:55 pm

It it doesn't come from your body, it doesn't go into the potty!!1
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Risky » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 am

From the latest JRS -

PORTA POTTY PROTOCOLS

It's really this simple: If we lose porta-potties, Burning Man will stop.

We continue to talk about this because there are still problems each year from abuse, neglect, or flat out impropriety!

If an item in the pottie cannot be sifted through a small screen at the processing plant, it cannot go in the potty. For example - baby wipes, condoms, tampons, etc. And no, even the flushable baby wipes cannot go in the potties. They don't break down fast enough to be called "flushable" in the porta potties. ONE PLY TOILET PAPER only. If you need to get rid of anything of that nature while you're in a potty, bring a plastic baggie and take it back to camp. Yes, really.

If it doesn't come out of your body, it doesn't go in the potty. Period.
Risky

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Horray Risky! Thank you for posting that!

And now, brought to you from a pizza joint wifi...it's...

The Final Wipe-Up Part A
(rough and incomplete edition)

"I don't know what you did differently this year, Robbi, but it's working."
Mike, the field operations manager of USS said this to me at the end of the Event this year. To be sure, I was overwhelmed with joy and relief at the time. it also caused me to reflect on what improvements I'd made this year that I believe profoundly worked. Pre-event, I commissioned the inestimable Gonzo Frothwood of the department of Over-Engineering to build me a Pottie PA for my PoopMobile. As the DOE saying goes, he did it the hard way the first time. It was a 1.5'x2' plywood box on the roof with two microphones made from Altoids cans. this worked famously. Not only did we get to repeatedly enjoy Bat out of hell CD by Meatloaf (forgetting to bring any other CD) but while driving thru the city it served to draw attention to the slogans painted on the car's windows and hood. I was also able to broadcast Pottie-PSA's while driving as well as general PSA's throughout the week. It saved a lot of effort on my part and got the message out effortlessly when the mood hit me. Of course I used the hand held Auditory Ass-salt Weapon (my bullhorn) when walking around the pottie-banks. The combination of the two made my job immeasurably more efficient. Next year, I vow to bring a CD of Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries. Desert Duck of Booby Bar fame loaned us several CD's mid-week, which helped the monotony. I deeply love Meatloaf, but I mean 4 days running is a bit much.

On Saturday morning Gonzo and I went to the DPW morning meeting. HazMatt had pre-event agreed that it would be a good idea to re-introduce myself to my department. Last year, Dr. Holderdown had informed me that many if not most of DPW not only didn't know who I am, but they didn't know my job exists. I felt this was a marketing problem. I need my department's support badly. So after a year of lat night rehearsing, and ants in my pants anxiety over what to say, I realized that being clear and succinct was the key. I knew I am an excellent communicator and I know public speaking and the subject matter backwards. I just needed faith in myself to do this. I just needed the old run-up that I've used for eleven years.
"Good morning beautiful people of DPW. My name is RobbiDobbs." I had decided on 4 points to my litany: Who I am, what I do, why, and ask for help. When I got sidetracked on how long I've been doing this job, Logan was good enough to bump me back. "What do you DO Robbi?" When I mentioned that I run the second largest art installation on the Playa - second after the roads - I got a "Hoo-yah!" from the audience. And it was that pride swell that carried me forward. I brought up the 30 yard container of shitty baby-wipes that was hauled out last year, and I got an "EEW!" You KNOW DPW people are intimate with how big that box is. And I asked them for help: It's a 4 hour shift, you get fed and you get a cool t-shirt that says "Thank you for giving a shit." That got some nods. HazMatt said later he was concerned that there wouldn't be enough meal tickets to accommodate his expected turnout. I knew it would be ok. As it was, I got exactly TWO people approach me after the meeting. One of them, TMI, ended up doing Man-watch, but she brought to me one of my best volunteers of the week - Joe-Know-Shit - he did his masters project on waste management and sewage. Of course we took him immediately to jotS Camp. When Steve - the general population field manager - approached us, Joe was all a-twitter: "Can I see the separator?" He was in love.

One of the first duties he did was to help Gonzo and I made The Map. Pre-event, I had decided that logistics management could be improved by covering the map given out at Greeters with contact paper for durability. Joe, Gonzo and I made this on Saturday morning in the Commissary parking lot, on the hood of my car. In the light breeze, it took all hands. The Map turned out to be absolutely invaluable. I will forever bring a roll of contact paper with me to make them. All week, I knew where I was going, what I was doing, who with, and what time of the day to do it.

Well, that's the beginning of the Final Wipe-up. More later when I have another wifi spot to loiter in.

Stay regular Campers,
RobbiDobbs clear
robbidobbs

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 pm

robbidobbs wrote:When Steve - the general population field manager - approached us, Joe was all a-twitter: "Can I see the separator?" He was in love.

Yeaqh!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Artemis » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks again for everything you do Robbidobbs. It was great fun being on doodie duty this year.
Artemis

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Welcome to the Laya.

Did you notice?

It doesn't have a P.

Let's keep it like that and use the porta-potties!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:57 pm

If an item in the pottie cannot be sifted through a small screen at the processing plant, it cannot go in the potty. For example - baby wipes, condoms, tampons, etc. And no, even the flushable baby wipes cannot go in the potties. They don't break down fast enough to be called "flushable" in the porta potties. ONE PLY TOILET PAPER only. If you need to get rid of anything of that nature while you're in a potty, bring a plastic baggie and take it back to camp. Yes, really.
robbidobbs

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Wohoo! I just used flushable in a post too.

If it doesn't come from you body it doesn't go in the potty. Period.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby ygmir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 pm

I sit here
and here I sit

I came in,
to leave a shit

and as I wipe,
my hiney dry

I only use
approved one ply

*edit to change "take" to "leave"*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby unjonharley » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:25 pm

robbidobbs wrote:If an item in the pottie cannot be sifted through a small screen at the processing plant, it cannot go in the potty. For example - baby wipes, condoms, tampons, etc. And no, even the flushable baby wipes cannot go in the potties. They don't break down fast enough to be called "flushable" in the porta potties. ONE PLY TOILET PAPER only. If you need to get rid of anything of that nature while you're in a potty, bring a plastic baggie and take it back to camp. Yes, really.

Hey Rob A Dob.. Good to see ya on the e playa..
unjonharley

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Howdy Campers!

Pottie-Central has been all a-flutter these past 3 weeks. I got an email from my energetic and compassionate boss HazMatt requesting a new improvement on the Pottie-Project. NOTE: Everyone loves the shit out of pooetry, that stays. What we hammered out one crisp afternoon on the phone was how to "kick it up a notch" so that even the ID10Ts can understand the point. We moving forward with a single sign - similar to a NO PARKING sign that will be made by the talented folks at the DPW Sign Shop and bolted onto the hand sanitizer posts. You know the "Put a dollop of goo in your hands and rub them together" signs? Unnecessary use of valuable real estate I say. They're getting replaced with baby-wipe message signs.

HAZZAH! We are approved for color. Any color as long as it's red, I say.

Here's the rub - I'm NOT a graphic artist. I'm a language artist. I need help on this, and you...YOU can have bragging rights if your sign gets approved.

We are fucking RESPLENDENT with big brains and graphic artists on this board. Let's see what you come up with.

Limit on the cutsie, or vague. We're going for "idiot proof with a gross-out info-graphic" (HazMatt's criteria).

Thank you SO MUCH for your help on this. The dark days of the Pottie Central are soon to be over and I'm hoping to be spending more time here with ya'll.

Stay safe,
RobbiDobbs
Chief Poopervisor of the Pottie Project
Director, Department of Excremental Correctness

[/img]
robbidobbs

Postby unjonharley » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:55 am

Called the Port A Pot folks (USS) in Reno this morning..
It is ok for me to empty my camp pot into the portas.. Only if it is under potty rules. If it didn't come out of yur body it don't go in the potty.. I do add water and blue for clean out..
unjonharley

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Nice unjon, thank you.

Greetings Campers,
I have just invested in online access and my head is reeling from how fucking fast I can download. SWEET! It's worth a night a week drinking.

I just got off the phone w my beautiful and talented boss, HazMatt, who wants me to keep working on what I'm calling a "magic sign" to give the MESSAGE to the dumbfucks who don't know the drill. He wants me to shorten the following verbiage: No babywipes, trash, or flushable wipes.
They don't go in the porta-potties. Put them in ziplocs, they go home with you.

WHATTHEFUCKOVER! I don't know how to make the message shorter than this.

If you big brains have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

One thing that would really improve matters is if a fabulously gifted graphic artist could provide me with a pic of a hand dropping debris into a toilet with a big red slash thru it. I tried it using Paint, but I just suck at that shit. So I'm putting it out there for YOU to think about.

This is a sign that will be posted on all 15 large banks around the City. That's a fuckload of karmic slack you'd be contributing. I got no ego in this, I have my pooetry.

I was talking with HazMatt about what a complex emotional conundrum this problem truly is. The trick is to make one short message that inspires people to read it, own it and follow it. And not be language specific. Fuck .

This project needs YOU. Please help. Preferably on company time.

Thanks for listening,
RobbiDobbs
Director, Dept of Excremental Correctness
robbidobbs

Postby CapSmashy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 am

Does it need to be a lettered sign?

Can it be a combination of symbols?

I haz ideas. Will work on this.
CapSmashy

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 am

Robbidobbs, you know you can count on your home-away-from-home on the playa, BDC&WB, to be there to help. We will be happy to be a store house for TP and offer up useless sparkle ponies, uhhh, I mean well-intentioned newbies looking for something to do, to help you.
Dr. Pyro

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby ibdave » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:37 am

Doc, maybe you can start a daily "jots-crawl" for all the nOObs that venture into your camp...Of course robbs will be waiting with her station wagon to pick up said nOObs for a outing.... 8) :shock: 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

PreviousNext

Return to Get Involved!