Zombies At Burning Man '10

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:27 pm

I doubt that anyone that went through the effort of putting on zombie makeup
would appreciate being hosed down with squirtguns.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby archeolojust » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 pm

and the mess of liquid latex and fake blood on the playa seems like moop to me.

I was thinking laser guns with noises and flashing lights!
archeolojust

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Bangarang

Postby illy dilly » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:57 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:I doubt that anyone that went through the effort of putting on zombie makeup
would appreciate being hosed down with squirtguns.

True
hum.... there has to be a MOOP free way to shoot Zombies on the Playa.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby pntball727 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:37 pm

the way i am trying to minimize the amount of MOOP presented by my makeup is by using gel based blood and moving away from liquid latex and using platsil-Gel 10, it is a much more controllable silicone that hardens after 10 minutes of being mixed, faster working times and leaves less mess on the playa. also has the ability to be thickened or thinned out with the addition of some other chemicals, all of which are very safe for use on people and are easily cleaned up and controlled. not to mention it stay put until you are ready to take it off, and even then leaves little to no mess behind on your skin and will normally come off in one large piece to minimize little bits of MOOP.

the gel blood i use is also very controllable and even will adhere to the silicone prosthetic and even create their own cool coagulated blood effect.

for the shooting of the zombies, other than nerf, or water. i cannot think of many other ways, laser guns could work, but how would one know if they have been killed? but i guess this all rolls back on someones participation.
pntball727

Postby illy dilly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:45 pm

pntball727 wrote:
for the shooting of the zombies, other than nerf, or water. i cannot think of many other ways, laser guns could work, but how would one know if they have been killed? but i guess this all rolls back on someones participation.

I also got to thinking, it wouldn't be much fun being a zombie if everyone was squirting you with water! You'd get soaked, and zombie parties aren't as much fun if everyone is soaking wet.
I shall find a way to hunt zombies!!!!
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby archeolojust » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:38 pm

If you use a laser gun that shoots a bright red light, like a laser pointer, people tend to notice when a sniper style red dot is on them.

Also, elmers glue and tissue paper work well.
archeolojust

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Bangarang

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:01 pm

You will be hot and dry and you will welcome a random squirt or two.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby illy dilly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:You will be hot and dry and you will welcome a random squirt or two.

I can dig that!!! Squirt bottles fights around camp always end well! Mini-squirt bottles are a planned gift this year!
illy dilly

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Do whatever will give you pleasure and make you happy. Just don't short out my transport.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby illy dilly » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Good point!
No shooting art cars! unless they are clearly full of zombies (participating in the battle)
Should we have a zombie wet T-shirt contest?
illy dilly

Postby Oso » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm

How about a Zombie Woof.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCQdplsl99E[/youtube]
Home is not where you live but where they understand you.
Oso

Postby whaleboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Only concern about the short bus is I've seen DMV people be very difficult to vehicles that look too much like the original. As in, didn't approve them. Lot of effort getting the thing out there, and then got rejected. The zombie bus is cool, accurate copy of the one in the movie, but it still looks like a shortbus.
My God, it's full of Stars!
whaleboy

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:18 pm

At the ren fair dead bob is always promising naked zombie dancing, but he never come through. I would like to tell him that i have seen naked zombie dancing. Will there be naked zombie dancing?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Laughing Forest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Zombies???

Oh, I'm sure THAT's never been done before.

Can wait for the next original turd to come down the pipe.
Laughing Forest

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 pm

FIGJAM wrote:At the ren fair dead bob is always promising naked zombie dancing, but he never come through. I would like to tell him that i have seen naked zombie dancing. Will there be naked zombie dancing?

Could be.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZcWtuSGiA[/youtube]
Ugly Dougly

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Postby EndofEternity » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:52 pm

If there is ways to kill zombies, there has to be ways to spread the infection. Maybe give zombies a glob of fake blood and if they can get it on ya (to participating people) then you are infected.
EndofEternity

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Zombie nazi nuns. They died, found no god, came back, kept the habit, added the swastica, their in denial and their pissed.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Re: I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Postby illy dilly » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 pm

EndofEternity wrote:If there is ways to kill zombies, there has to be ways to spread the infection. Maybe give zombies a glob of fake blood and if they can get it on ya (to participating people) then you are infected.

Yeah I've been thinking about this too. Thats a good idea.
But it would be way easier to squirt a zombie from far, than it would for them to get to you. You could stand at one end and get all the zombies right off the bat.
Or maybe we just play zombie freeze tag for awhile, tell we all get tired/bored then we all get drunk.
Or we zombie vs. hunter dodge ball, tell we all get tired/bored then we all get drunk.
Or we have zombie vs hunter drinking games.... then we would already be drunk!
illy dilly

Postby Parasitoid » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 am

the particular zombie infection I am going to help spread requires verbal initiation of the infection, aka (biting your brain). It will be fun to see how far it can spread!
Parasitoid

Postby illy dilly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 pm

This sounds like another great idea. So would you just use it in a sentence? "So earlier today while I was getting ready i couldn't stop thinking about Biting Your Brain" and if the person was listening to you they are now a zombie?

Please elaborate on your idea.
illy dilly

Postby Parasitoid » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:16 am

Like maybe I meet steve down at the center camp and steve seems like he has a big plump brain for munchin'...

So I let steve know that I'm a zombie (as if he couldnt tell!) and if he wants he can be a zombie too! At that point steve can choose to participate or not and maybe he would want some fake blood on his face or a zombie sticker?

If steve manages to successfully "spread the infection" that would be even more fun because after the burn we might be able to assess how well the infection spread/ what forms it took.
Parasitoid

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am

FIGJAM wrote:Zombie nazi nuns. They died, found no god, came back, kept the habit, added the swastica, their in denial and their pissed.

Many years ago, I dated one of these. ;)
Ugly Dougly

Postby EndofEternity » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:55 am

I would love to just have a swarm of zombies flooding the streets and playa. HAHAHAHHa it would be like a flash mob, but a flash zombie mob. It would just be hilarious to see how people react a horde of zombies just randomly pouring through the streets by their camp.

Then just let the chaos make the rules. And after all, if there is anything that I've learned from zombie movies it's that zombies always win. People would join us.

We could even all chant "brains" "join us" or "one of us" in zombie voices. If people saw the zombie mob and wanted to join, then why not, if they have better things to do (I doubt it) they can just watch the horde come through and then continue about their day.

It could be march of the zombies Monday.
EndofEternity

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Converge on center camp. It's you.
Ugly Dougly

Postby blickablack » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:27 am

soooounds like sooo much fun! when and where!?!!??!?!!?

:P
blickablack

Zombie Michael Jackson

Postby orangepeelmoses » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 am

orangepeelmoses

Zombies

Postby Etrit » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:23 am

I'm so there! Lets pick a day to make this happen!
Etrit

Postby Parasitoid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:40 am

Simultaneous points of infection are likely to occur. At this point i am going to spread my virus via some really cool zombie gifts.

Participants, feel free to start infections from your base camps as well. It might be fun to name your personal infectious strain somehow that way we can see how fast and far these ideas/virus/infections can spread. It can be as simple as marking your infection name on people or as complicated as you want.

I can't wait to play some games in the desert!
Parasitoid

Postby Parasitoid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 am

for example. I have a big Z with a line through it on my arm and that signifies the strain of "infection" I have.

I meet you. I give you a cool gift and put a Z on you too, I also ask you to start spreading this Z around to other people and walk like one of your legs doesn't quite work.

braaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssss

ok thanks.
Parasitoid

Previous

Return to 2010 Art & Performance