A few years ago I bought a commercial ozone machine. These things produce shock levels of O3. O3 does a great job of breaking down and oxidizing organic molecules, and because it's in gas form it can penetrate walls, floors, fabrics, etc. It has a half life of about 20 minutes and quickly disperses with a little time and/or airing out. Theses things produce toxic levels of ozone so you have to get pets, plants, and people out of the treatment area. We love this little machine. It kills the strongest odors, and leaves a slight "bleach like" odor for about a day (remnant o3) .. then... nothing, no odors at all. It'll kill litter box, pet accidents, smoke, and it's fantastic at killing mold, etc. It won't kill some odors (like odor masking sprays =(). It doesn't hurt our furniture, electronics, or clothing. If you attach a hose to it, and feed it into a tupperware tub with a lid, you can put your clothing inside for a nice, contained, high dose, treatment. Your musty smell sounds like mold to me. This would be a great way to get rid of it.