A question about shade?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:38 pm

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 am

Apparently, FIGJAM is being sensored. censored? sensory deprived? whatever. "Too Hot for the Internet!"
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Those were my pics and they were there yesterday. dont know what happened. The pics and instructions for my shade plan are in my intro posts.

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby AntiM » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:29 am

FIGJAM wrote:Those were my pics and they were there yesterday. dont know what happened. The pics and instructions for my shade plan are in my intro posts.

Imageshack provides several types of links, some of them aren't to be used this way. Confusing. That's why I switched to photobucket.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:48 am

Thank antim..im trying photobucket now and not having much luck?????

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Recoil » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:33 pm

#1 the geny was set up dead center of our camp
#2 i took the time to wander around to make sure it wasent a sound issue for the people camped around us, the last thing i wanted to do was be a sound nuisance to others around me for my own comfort hence the point of building a baffle box out of sound board and foam to the best of my abilty
#3 since i did forget the AC unit i dident end up using it much

I can agree with you in that they can be anoying i did go the extra mile to try and negate it as much as i could. In the end it wasent quite as bad heat wise and i handled it just fine with out so i don't plan on trying it agean this year.

hi how are you
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
Recoil

Postby sambojones » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 pm

I'll commend u for takin the time to build a baffle box as best as u could. I spent a good bit of money on a ultra quiet Honda eu2000i generator only to have some assholes with a cheap ass loud as fuck generator set up right next to me and they ran that fucker every morning as I was just going to sleep in my yurt. Earplugs helped but that cheap piece of shit really pissed me off they didn't even try to baffle it just plopped it down on my front door.

/end rant

Sorry
does this water taste like raspberries or am I still fucked up...oh wait it's raspberry flavored water
sambojones

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:47 pm

You may have missed the opportunity to make friends by walking over and offering to help them make a baffle.

Or they could have just been asshole. fifty fifty
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby sambojones » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:You may have missed the opportunity to make friends by walking over and offering to help them make a baffle.

Or they could have just been asshole. fifty fifty

I didn't think about it that way I guess i figured that someone that I would want to be friends with would have the common sense/courtesy to not plop down something so loud right in front of a person's door. you may be right tho fish hopefully it doesn't happen again, but if it does i'll bring some extra material with me to offer as a baffle box
sambojones

Previous

Return to Shelter & Camping