Join our camp - PLEASURES OF THE FLESH UNIVERSITY AT BRC !!!

Join our camp - PLEASURES OF THE FLESH UNIVERSITY AT BRC !!!

Postby MaitreMaximillian » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:43 pm

What does every great Metropolis have?

Every one has a great university, and so should the "Metropolis of Black Rock City".

Enter ... PLEASURES OF THE FLESH UNIVERSITY AT BLACK ROCK CITY !

Called "PoFU", for short, this will be Black Rock City's pleasure spa and institution of higher learning for BRC's hedonists.

Check out the web site at ...

www.pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com

The site is best viewed with I.E. 8 (a bit ugly with I.E. 7) or Firefox; I haven't tried with Netscape yet.

The push of PoFU is two-fold. First, I want to promote a counter to two prevailing American themes: self-denial and conformity. So PoFU will promote the embracing of hedonism on the one hand, and a celebration of individual explorations AND individual boundaries on the other hand. To support this I've designed some personally-customizable, sensual pampering services.

Second, I want to establish the study of physical pleasures as a subject that warrants actual study. To that end I'm planning and preparing short classes and demos on a diverse range of pleasures of the flesh.

THIS CAMP IS WIDE OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION and creative ideas to add to what I already have, so please peruse the web site and let me know if you'd like to be part of this!

Max
MaitreMaximillian

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 pm

You probably want to flesh out your staff more, Max. ;)

Current Faculty and Staff
Maitre Maximillian
University Chancellor, Host of Maison Maximillian, Dean of the College of Kink, Operator of the University Pleasure Spa•.

Open Positions
Founders of New Departments at the University (indefinite)
Dean of the College of Erotic Arts (exactly 1)
Female Demo Model (Bottom) and Assistant for College of Kink Classes (1 to 4)
Male Demo Model (Bottom) and Assistant for College of Kink Classes (1 or 2)
Erotic Bondage Expert/Instructor (1 or 2)
Fire Play Expert/Instructor (at least 1)
Fetish Fashion Expert /Instructor (at least 1)
Fetishist Expert/Instructor(at least 1)
Stripper/Instructor (at least 1)
Erotic Photographer/Instructor (at least 1)
Go-Go Dancer (at least 2)
Fraternity / Sorority Outreach Directors (at least 2)
Electrician (at least 1)
Musical Sound Technician (at least 1)
DJ (at least 1)
Handyman/Mechanic (at least 1)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Isotopia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:25 pm

I smell yet another 'swingers camp' trying to happen.

Could someone please pass me the Yawn Bucket?
Isotopia

Postby ygmir » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:34 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytGOeiW0aE[/youtube]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Gee Wiz, I'm goin!!!......... Don't worry I'm gonna try to talk Iso into being my date............ 8)
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby MaitreMaximillian » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Last year I attended my first Burning Man and fell in love with it. At the event, I joined a theme camp, participated heavily in the activities of another, and inherited a small operation that my friend had been running in previous years.

Since then I've developed a vision for a theme camp. My vision so far has been the child of five influences:

1) By the 2009 event, a friend of mine had been running "The Pampered Pussy Lounge" off and on for few years, and despite never advertising it properly or organizing it very carefully, it did receive some popularity. This past year, he had to bail out and essentially dropped it in my lap, and I had great fun with the operation, and so I've decided to keep the tradition going, but to really plan it out

2) I decided that for the 2010 Burn I wanted to try my hand at organizing my own operation, however small it should turn out and whatever level of success or lack thereof that it should enjoy

3) I was very much impressed by and enjoyed participating in two BDSM-themed camps at the 2009 Burn, and decided to get more involved in that realm for the 2010 Burn

4) I have in the past taught various short classes in kink. I love to lecture on that topic, and am a pretty awesome teacher, so I figured that that would be something I could contribute that I do well

5) The idea of a university fits well with the theme of a metropolis, and I love the whole environment of a university even in the world outside of Burning Man

I brought these five elements together into an idea of a camp that COULD come about, were it something that enough others were interested in, and that germ of an idea is what my web site tries to convey.

Now I've been a member of a number of on-line communities. Some have been characterized by high-quality, constructive posts, and others more by snarky, petty attacks. Sites characterized by the former, I've stuck with; those characterized by the latter, I've abandoned.

What most impressed me about Burning Man was the creativity and the welcoming and constructive positiveness. I had hoped that "eplaya" would be the same. I had hoped it would be an example of the better quality kind of community - a good place to come for encouragement and the kind of positive and constructive support that I received from Burning Man itself, a place where people cheer each other on to pursue their visions.

So I put the seed of my idea out there, hoping that there might be some constructive, positive souls out there - the kind I met last year on the playa.

Alas, so far I have instead observed not encouragement, not positive and constructive input, but with respect to new posters have instead observed only belittling remarks, snarky quips, and even downright bullying - and not just toward me and my ideas, but toward others' posts as well.

So I ask you, my fellow "eplaya" members, is this what you want "eplaya" to be about? If so, I'll happily step out and leave you to this site; I saw plenty enough of petty bullying in middle school.

If I'm wrong about this, if the bullies are simply a vocal minority here that are just the first ones to jump on new posters, then let me know. I know what a positive, quality, on-line community looks like.
MaitreMaximillian

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Nope, you are wrong.

Bullies are the majority here, and that's just how it is.

Most of us have been going for a long time, and have been passing out the same old answers to the same ideas and repetitive questions for many years also.

Do what you want, say what you want...you also have the right to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, or not.

Just don't get preachy on us about how this board should be, because you will most likely be destroyed if you try to do so.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 pm

By the way, this was one of my favorite albums in High School.

The intro of this song makes me want a banana.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cya4m4NGi-o[/youtube]
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby magicmarty » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:43 pm

Hey, Max, give it a go. BRC is the place to try it and you'll likely have an enthusiastic following. Just try not to make it too academic. Fun's the word!
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties" - Erich Fromm

Stay firm but loose!

MagicMarty
magicmarty

Postby clerkkent » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:06 am

If you can make the camp concept work, go for it...

However, please note that there have been *many* users on here over the years, who create an ID on the eplaya, and then proceed to come up with some sex/sensuality/swingers/eros/massage/orgy/BDSM related camp as their first post. (There's a few every year) .. after a few thread bumps, they are never heard from again. A few camps have actually come to fruition on the actual playa, but nowhere near the spectacle of the online hype.

In your case, you are a brand new user, who hasn't detailed who they are, where you're from, etc, and when the first round of commenters don't fall at their knees to worship your cleverness and majesticism, you proceed to scold the community with your second post. This will only serve to rile up more comments, snarky or otherwise.

Of course, I could just be feeding a troll. Sorry, I have no sauce.
clerkkent

Postby Kinetik V » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:22 am

Taking Clarkkent's excellent post and stepping onto my soapbox....

Post #2 should have been incorporated into Post #1 and presented to us in one shot so we knew we were dealing with something other than the "I wanna create my own sex camp so I can score at Burning Man" theme camp idea that we've seen over and over to the point of nausea.

But it is what it is, and having read both posts...that second one really made a difference, I hope your camp succeeds at what you want to do.

And one last thing...this event draws 50,000 people now every year, and even more people who hear about it come to this board to learn more. Threatening to take your toys and go home if you don't like this sandbox...which you have essentially stated you intend to do is no big deal to us as you will be quickly replaced by someone else. I'm not trying to be rude to you, I'm simply stating the way it is based on well over a decade of being here. Adjust your attitude slightly, take a few minutes to learn the quirks and customs of this place and you can thrive here. I wish you the best of luck with your camp and hope you'll make adjustments and stick around.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:33 am

That's the thing, one should never confuse THE playa with Eplaya. The eplayans may get snarky online, but in person, on the playa, they won't let you die horribly. The actual amount of users here is a thin slice of the community. IN some cases, very slim.

The grand plans come and go. Art projects, mutant vehicles, theme camps. Most of the theme camps which get off the ground are fully formed with their own contacts and websites before they come looking for additional members and contributors here. Because while there are many lurkers, most of the folks you meet at the event don't even know there's an eplaya! They use their regional board or tribe or yahoo group.

Actually, the newcomers are getting a ton of sound advice and encouragement in the Introduction and Q&A threads. Much better than previously.

Best of luck with your camp. I've attended one lecture on the playa, but in the form of a High Tea discussion. So it can work. Do you have your core group set up? Because I can't imagine finding dedicated members on line, not enough to rely on, no matter which board you choose to explore! Infrastructure? Transport? Theme camp application finished?

Best of luck, and I am curious to know how it goes.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 am

Not knocking your theme camp idea. It's difficult to get something rolling just by yourself. I don't think that a sex camp with only one member is going to attract people.

I am sure there are hundreds of sex camps with just one member....

Eplaya IS an on-line mosh-pit.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:20 am

Imma gonna be a solo sex camp this year.

none of you are invited!
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:34 am

I want to be Onanthe barbarian.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Fire_Moose » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 am

people in hell want ice water...
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:04 am

The Hell I know involves stronger drink than that. :D
Ugly Dougly

Re: Join our camp - PLEASURES OF THE FLESH UNIVERSITY AT BRC

Postby chris2010 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:33 pm

MaitreMaximillian wrote:What does every great Metropolis have?

Every one has a great university, and so should the "Metropolis of Black Rock City".

Enter ... PLEASURES OF THE FLESH UNIVERSITY AT BLACK ROCK CITY !

Called "PoFU", for short, this will be Black Rock City's pleasure spa and institution of higher learning for BRC's hedonists.

Check out the web site at ...

www.pleasuresofthefleshuniversity.com

The site is best viewed with I.E. 8 (a bit ugly with I.E. 7) or Firefox; I haven't tried with Netscape yet.

The push of PoFU is two-fold. First, I want to promote a counter to two prevailing American themes: self-denial and conformity. So PoFU will promote the embracing of hedonism on the one hand, and a celebration of individual explorations AND individual boundaries on the other hand. To support this I've designed some personally-customizable, sensual pampering services.

Second, I want to establish the study of physical pleasures as a subject that warrants actual study. To that end I'm planning and preparing short classes and demos on a diverse range of pleasures of the flesh.

THIS CAMP IS WIDE OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION and creative ideas to add to what I already have, so please peruse the web site and let me know if you'd like to be part of this!

Max

Can't wait!
~Chris~
2010, 2011)°(2013?
chris2010

Burning Since: 2010

Postby dr.placebo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:37 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM10ncX8_Nk[/youtube]
dr.placebo

Postby Trishntek » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Once you educate them, send your graduates our way. Or simply utilize us as a "clinical" education experience for your students.

It is amazing that some equate kink with sex. Extreme sensual play is very stimulating. It is down right erotic. It is tremendously entertaining and a great avenue of interactivity. Orgasmic? Possibly. Stimulating? Absolutely! Sexual? Not usually. And afterall, is interactivity not one of the BM principles proclaimed?
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Gage » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:06 am

Trishntek wrote:It is amazing that some equate kink with sex. Extreme sensual play is very stimulating. It is down right erotic. It is tremendously entertaining and a great avenue of interactivity. Orgasmic? Possibly. Stimulating? Absolutely! Sexual? Not usually. And afterall, is interactivity not one of the BM principles proclaimed?

Amen.
"Not everyone who is single is lonely; not everyone who is taken is in love." I'm a seeker of (& full participant in) present-moment magic, and nothing beats playa love! <3
Gage

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Shadyvil

Postby madmatt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Don't ask people who populate this board - or anyone for that matter - for permission or approval. The only reason they are ragging on you is because you sound like you're asking if this would be something cool at burning man. The whole point is people stuff because they are free to, and not because there's anyone with a grading book signing off on what stuff is cool and what isn't. This is your place to let it all hang out, so just go for it.

Just don't be evil. Make sure your intentions are good and well understood, make your communication clear and stand by what you're doing with sincerity. There are tons of people out there who would love to come visit your camp and participate in these activities.
madmatt

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:19 pm

If I bring my own iron can I attend a "Press the Flesh" seminar?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Trishntek » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:43 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:If I bring my own iron can I attend a "Press the Flesh" seminar?

That could be oddly entertaining. Would fit right in with our other gadgets.
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Thanks to those who have posted in support

Postby MaitreMaximillian » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:41 am

I just wanted to hop on here for just a minute to thank those who have made supporting comments, even though I've pretty much abandoned this site.

I've replied privately to the PM's I've gotten, but to those of you who have posted in support, your wisdom is greatly appreciated by this complete rookie.

To address some of the points of wisdom ...

- Yep, I'll try to make sure it's not too academic and stays fun
- I always want any kind of erotic interaction to be a net positive experience for both people
- When I posted on this site, no, I didn't intend my post to ask if it was a cool idea (because I know it is) or to ask permission or approval (neither of which I care about); the specific, targeted intention of my posting here was to announce that I was seeking camp-mates (bad idea here, right? :-) )
- Yep, I plan to take advantage of reading the Q&A from the site to learn

I've been contacted privately by some very experienced and highly-involved Burners who want to see my camp succeed and who have offered their support in various ways. So it's looking good for my camp.

Thanks again for everyone who's posted support.

Max
MaitreMaximillian

Postby JungleJim » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:04 am

I think it's a great idea, after all, some of us have been out of school for years and need formal training - we don't want to fall behind on the technology curve! Go for it!! You will get use to being beat up, but in reality, they are just testing your conviction - Soooo, are you a convict or not? :?:
Life - this is not a dress rehersal -ENJOY every day!
JungleJim

Update

Postby BMSabre » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm

So, how did this go? We walked by hoping to participate and things seemed a bit...off. Curious to hear an after-burn report.
BMSabre

Return to 2010 Theme Camps