arrest made at 10:00 and Esplanade 2009 HELP

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Postby spectabillis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:29 am

im glad you realize the futility in thinking you can treat people the same way now and are moving on. im sure you dont get i that im not spiteful or hold a resentment, because its the nature of what you struggle with. a hateful person wouldnt want you to seek help knowing you will cause yourself more hardship.

i just dont like dealing with your continued obsession and my patience is burnt out. people with your mental history literally take years of persistant effort to make improvements, so you're still too close to doing something really screwed like moving beyond stalking and harassment, into hiring another private investigator or worse. you never reacted favorably to any other attempts at mitigation, so im making it all public since thats one of the last options available that ever works. its just never been a good option since its quite ugly, and ruins things for everyone else with your drama drawing others into a situation that complicates things for those who unfortunately have to deal with you.

so once again, either get help or simply leave. it really is that simple.
spectabillis

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:50 am

how about this, thank you kinetic for sticking up for me, i appreciate it..Spec, you have the right to your opinion, which is well thought out, and coherent.

please stop...you're making me cry.

breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby spectabillis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:14 am

i dont know why you want to cry, thats probably nothing to everyone who's recieved these forms of abuse over the years. you may mean well, but i dont appreciate it. there are many who dealt with it here yet ended driving almost all away. so please consider how would you feel if someone who has deep personal issues came after you in real life.

someone hires a private investigator to dig up information on you for a series of damaging personal attacks? defending yourself with a lawyer against someone who hires an attorney for no other reason that to ruin your life? an unknown stalker who writes threatening letters to you and your family, and leaves more them in places like your mailbox and on your car for your children? someone who contacts your employer with the intention to get you fired?

these things happen and its an absolute nightmare to deal with. doesnt take a genius to figure its better to avoid a place populated with people like that, so you want to criticize those of us who volunteered to help fight against it just to improve things for others? those of us who tried our best to keep a place that used to be special for many, a place people love with such passion that you try and honor a diligent protection?

gee, thanks. perhaps its time you step up to the effort, privately take these people on and pay for the consequences before you make certain judgements.
spectabillis

Postby spectabillis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 am

btw, sorry simon, but that wasnt directed entirely at you. i understand where you are comming from and your motivations with the sock account thing, my comments towards you on it were intended to show how others cant tell what your up to very well.

but there will continue to be others who often criticize whats going on with k from an unknowing position in front of a computer, just because they can. you can see there's a bit of it in this topic, and thats what the comment was partially directed at.
spectabillis

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:05 am

you are right spec, i have no back story to consult to know whats going on, i just dont want to b the reason y'all fight.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Kinetik V » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 am

Spectabillis: Who are you accusing of these things? Me? Explain please.

But before you do let's set the record straight. 1: Never hired a PI, ever. For any reason. 2: You can hire an attorney to mess with someone's life? That's news to me. 3: Letters: Don't know your address, don't know what state you live in, don't know if you drive a car, truck, VW bus, ride transit, or ride a scooter for that matter nor do I care.

But now you hit one thing I did do. I contacted an employer...over safety violations and a theft allegation as I was working for the same employer and had a duty to report what I observed. I did just that, things got checked out, people got cleared, and life moved on. End of story, and none of that had anything to do with you. It had to do with Badger and bunny suits he got from his work, and pix he took from inside a DOE area down at Oak Ridge...and a check of the Oak Ridge website stated that photography in certain areas was illegal due to national security concerns. It appeared he was in those areas....

Back when the Stop BM people were sniffing around I told Rex I would talk to the school board in the district he worked for...and I gave it some thought but never acted on it. Truth be told when I did take the time to do a Google search on him I found out he was a beloved teacher that we have a shortage of anyway and he needed support, not to be ripped into!

Having been a reader of the 3Playa I am aware that someone is doing these things and my belief after reading this is you think that I'm the one behind it. Definitely not the case. If I can provide any assistance in finding out who it is by helping you eliminate me as a suspect...by all means ask questions.

So....moving on SB, it's time for you to move on as well. Much of what is being discussed here in regards to me happened 4 years ago or even farther back? You're making it sound like nothing's changed when in fact it has. One thing that has changed is various states now have laws on the books to address stalking and in this case to address frivolous, non-factual allegations like the ones you are dropping here. I've been nice but if you continue I'll invoke those laws and their protections against you. Please, step back, check your facts, quit slandering me, and consider that offer I keep extending to work this out. But I can't keep letting you attack me over and over on here without responding. Think before you open your mouth again.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby swampdog » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 am

PLEASE STOP

Just stop. As I write this, Kinetic had the last post. Spec, just don't post an answer. Kinetic, just don't post another explanation. Just stop.

I stumbled across this thread this morning and was going to laugh - the OP is LOOOONG gone - but I dragged myself through the whole thing and it seems so unneccessary

Just stop.

You're arguing like children ("He hit me back first!") and it's beneath you. You can't have the last word - there's always room for one more word.

I don't know the past. You both seem to think you've gotten over it except when the other brings it up. So someone has to stop.

Please stop.
swampdog

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Rising Arms Pub

Postby Kinetik V » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:46 am

Truth be told I'm kinda glad this is all coming to light. It explains why I've had my efforts to volunteer rebuffed. I won't be submitting my name to try and become one of the Nebraska regional contacts now...not when I have someone like SB sitting there feeding the senior staff lies that I'm stalking Burning Man people. What's worse is I know of seven great sites for a regional burn to be held without fuss and with local law enforcement support, I know theater owners in Grand Island, Lincoln, and Omaha that would be open to showing BM themed films...there is so much I wanted to do and could do. But I'll send Meghan an email saying I'm no longer interested. This sucks.

Edit: Swampdog, you typed your post while I typed this one. I did make a request to the mods to lock this thread for the good of all involved.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby AntiM » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 am

Stepping in... yes. I'm just going to lock it because it has gotten out of hand. No parting shots.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man