iGoogle Burning Man Countdown Gadget

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

iGoogle Burning Man Countdown Gadget

Postby lams » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:51 pm

I hope this is the right place - I couldn't find a cyber burner forum...

--
(see it in your browser here [it's modeled after the mac dashboard widget]): http://dismalnv.com/externals/countdown.html
--

if any o' youse girlz and guyz use the iGoogle homepage - you can now ad a "countdown to the burn" gadget. I just added it today - so far it's not showing up in search results

BUT

if you click on "Add stuff »" on your home page
and on the next page - next to the "Search Homepage Content" there's a link called "Add by URL"

if you click that and enter dismalnv.com/externals/burn_widget5.xml

you will have your very own countdown gadget on your homepage.

if you get an error - try again in a few seconds - google's a little quirky on this thing or you can try:

dismalnv.com/externals/burn_widget4.xml

or

dismalnv.com/externals/burn_widget6.xml

one of those should work at any given time.
lams
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:46 pm

Postby EB » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:13 pm

Very cool!
Irony. You're soaking in it.
User avatar
EB
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:36 pm
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Jerk Camp

15 Days off...

Postby scotto » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:21 am

Awesome Graphic and Countdown Timer!!

Though it appears the counter is 15 days off...

The Man BURNS IN 57 DAYS!!

Scotto
Burning Man is a Participatory Sport! Lead by Example!
User avatar
scotto
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:22 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Camp Name: PolyParadise

Re: 15 Days off...

Postby EB » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:57 am

scotto wrote:Awesome Graphic and Countdown Timer!!

Though it appears the counter is 15 days off...

The Man BURNS IN 57 DAYS!!

Scotto


Oh shit. I have to make some calls...
Irony. You're soaking in it.
User avatar
EB
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:36 pm
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Jerk Camp

Postby DVD Burner » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:01 am

sweet!
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby Thecatman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:25 pm

Fifteen days off is better then 35 days off like countdown clock on the BM site is.
Thecatman
 
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: Nevada desert 120miles S. of BRC
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Re: iGoogle Burning Man Countdown Gadget

Postby MoisturePup » Mon May 12, 2008 3:05 pm

Hey there, I've been using this for a while but for some reason the days are off. they worked fine last weekend.

lams wrote:I hope this is the right place - I couldn't find a cyber burner forum...

--
(see it in your browser here [it's modeled after the mac dashboard widget]): http://dismalnv.com/externals/countdown.html
--

if any o' youse girlz and guyz use the iGoogle homepage - you can now ad a "countdown to the burn" gadget. I just added it today - so far it's not showing up in search results

BUT

if you click on "Add stuff »" on your home page
and on the next page - next to the "Search Homepage Content" there's a link called "Add by URL"

if you click that and enter dismalnv.com/externals/burn_widget5.xml

you will have your very own countdown gadget on your homepage.

if you get an error - try again in a few seconds - google's a little quirky on this thing or you can try:

dismalnv.com/externals/burn_widget4.xml

or

dismalnv.com/externals/burn_widget6.xml

one of those should work at any given time.
MoisturePup
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:32 pm

iGoogle Burning Man Countdown Gadget

Postby BurningJim » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:36 am

Now it's only 2 days off. Getting closer! I'm still going to use it as my new Home Page.
User avatar
BurningJim
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:13 am
Location: Los Angeles

52 days off

Postby Gizmostarr » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 am

I get 52 days off
Live & learn... as you watch your bridges burn... from the point of no return
User avatar
Gizmostarr
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Postby velocirafter » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:56 am

love it!!
User avatar
velocirafter
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 am
Location: Reading, UK
Burning Since: 2007

Time Stands Still

Postby Playa Tom » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Every time I log in it says 79 days 9 hours 23 miniutes, it may be broken.
Playa Tom
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:37 pm
Location: susanville, Nataqua Territory

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:07 pm

that hasn't been updated since 2002
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Postby ReggieJeffries » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Hey - Hi - does anyone know if there is an counter for iphone? if so, can you post, thanks
ReggieJeffries
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 am

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37469
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Postby LostinReno » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 am

ReggieJeffries wrote:Hey - Hi - does anyone know if there is an counter for iphone? if so, can you post, thanks


It's called BM timer (oh let the snark commence! :lol: ), I loaded it last year, it was my first "gift", then I met the guy that developed it when I was a greeter at the airport. It doesn't count down to the second, but it does count down the days.
User avatar
LostinReno
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:57 pm
Location: 4:30 & G
Burning Since: 2009

Postby VArocketry » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Cool I just found it on the iTunes store.
Looks pretty neat.
VArocketry
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 pm
Location: US


Return to Get Involved!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest