Please send us your positive vibes and any help you can

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Please send us your positive vibes and any help you can

Postby johnniespaceboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:27 am

My girlfriend and I met at Burning man this past year and had an absolutely magical and crazy time, and have been living together ever since. We just got engaged last week and wanted to get married at burning man next year. We had just started to plan our wedding and were also planning on moving to Colombia later this year.

She came down to visit me here in Colombia where we rode to the coffee region outside of Meddillin on my motorcycle. On our way back to Meddillin for her flight out we were riding around some very dangerous curves in the mountains. As we came around an extremely sharp turn a little to fast and found ourselves head on with an 18 wheeler. I tried to turn as much as possible and we hit the gas tank of the truck and bounced off and shot about 20 feet down the road.

We are both extremely lucky to be alive, a couple inches either way and we would have been over a cliff, in front of the truck or under the truck. My girlfriend broke her lower back in 3 places and shattered part of it, and the first doctor told her she would never walk again. We got another doctor who worked on the head football coach of colombia (who got shot 2 years ago and couldnt even breath on his own and now is moving, breathing, talking and possibly walking soon).

She is in the best hands possible, and we have been so fortunate that everyone has really come together in this situation. We have so many positive vibes coming our way and im sure a couple more couldnt hurt. She is in a 6 to 8 hour surgery as we speak and we will know more later today. They said after this sugery she will need another one 8 to 10 days later to put plates and screws in her back.

She is the absolute love of my life without a doubt and we were both so excited about our wedding at burning man. We were planning a ¨Space Cadet¨ wedding. I want to give her the wedding of a lifetime and believe me shes an amazing person and deserves the best. We are currently preoccupied with other things as you can tell, but she said it would mean the world to her if she could walk at our wedding and she is a fighter and I am confident that she will if she wants to but it will be a long and hard process.

Anyway if anyone could help us in planning our wedding or pointing us in the right direction it would mean the world to us. Even if you cant help, just send your positive vibes and good vibrations this way, god knows she could always use more of them. Everyone here has been so amazing, and I am sure that everyone we encounter in the future will too.

Thanks in advance.... I will post more when she gets out of surgery, her doctor said to go in with a smile, and she was ear to ear. So things are looking up but im sure she would appreciate all the support she can get at this time.

Johnnie Fortune
johnniespaceboy

Quick update

Postby johnniespaceboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 am

She just got out of surgery, a couple hours ahead of schedule, they said that she is doing really well and that things went extremely well.... apparently all the positive vibes worked.... so please everyone thats thinking of her keep them coming I know she appreciates them.
johnniespaceboy

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 am

Hi Johnnie,

First off, I’m glad you both lived through the crash. In the game of Car vs. Bike, Car usually wins. And the fact that , despite the situation you’re both in, all that you come here asking for help with is how to plan a wedding. I think that’s more than worthy of some responses.

As far as I know, very little is required actually on the playa for wedding. The two of you and someone who can marry you basically. Pinemom could probably give you the details better than I, especially the about the paperwork side that must happen before a legal marriage. Beyond that, it’s as simple or elaborate as you want to make it.

Could you describe a bit more detail of what kind of help you’re looking for?

I also want to comment on something else and that’s the fact that you are sticking with you fiancé through a very tough ordeal. That shows a real dedication and that your sentiments are genuine. I admire that. It’s easy to love someone when things are all smooth, you know. The world needs more of such Love and dedication.

I'll light a candle today for you and your sweetie.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 am

Did you mean Medellín?

I lost my wife to stomach cancer a little more than a year ago. Last month I met a soul mate whose boyfriend died in a car accident three months ago, leaving her with the debt for the car but no money to pay for it, and she's battling alcoholism. Did I mention that her daughter's best friend was killed by gunfire? Her friend, a member of the Flaming Lotus Girls, just lost her father to a heart attack.

And we have tickets to BM2010.

Pray harder, damnit! ;)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby teardropper » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:58 am

Out thoughts are with you. But don't know anything about playa marriages. We get a playa divorce.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Postby pinemom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:48 am

johnniespaceboy,
First off sending healing energies to your fiancee' and as well as to yourself, your going to need lots of strength love and energy to help her recover!

As things get smoother, let me know when you planned on getting married(which day). I do have a couple of friends that are Ordained, but we must mesh with their plans(guidelines) and all the other beurocratic BS.
If you just want the Wedding performed and will deal with legalities of it after BM...thats WAYYYYY easier.

But Like I said...we got 6+ months to go...plenty of time to wrap up silly details.

Be well Lovers!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:12 am

Love will conquer all.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Bling » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Any updates?
Bling

quick up date

Postby johnniespaceboy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Things are going really well all things considered my finacee had 2 major back sugeries and was then transported back to the US and is now at Craig Hospital one of the best spine rehab places in the states where she is getting further care, everyday she gets more and more sensation. She can move her legs a tiny bit and we are still hopeful and hoping to make make our wedding date this year. She is in al ot of pain but her spine is still healing, she is doing extremely well all things considered and we are fighting through this together
johnniespaceboy

Postby LeChatNoir » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:37 pm

That's wonderful. Just remember, a date on the playa can wait if it would put her recovery in danger, so don't push for it if it isn't meant to be just yet. Slow and steady, slow and steady.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Postby dr.placebo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:01 pm

There is a page with some BM wedding hints:

http://www.burningman.com/preparation/event_survival/weddings.html

You might want to send additional questions to the email address on that page (although you might get hints here, too).

Best of luck with the recovery, and may you have a great wedding on the playa!
dr.placebo

Return to Get Involved!