Ticket Prices are nearly prohibitive!

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Postby lapeer20m » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:22 pm

stuart wrote:
my RV does not come with a pool.

Mine does....It has a 400 gallon jacuzzi inside. Really ! I'm not kidding !

Check it out http://theblackplague.skoolie.net/

I love a good road trip !
lapeer20m

Postby shitmouse » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:18 pm

"I'm planning to pack my DJ equipment"

-- man, that is one bad idea. unless it's an ipod in a rubber glove.
-(i would never take my kaoss pad out there....much less my cheap ass sampler or any of that equip... buy bags my friend, "things get changed" out there.

onto NY:
i'd say stay home if your only going for 2 days. seriously, and not trying to sound like a asspipe.

BM is something you should really put into, and see and participate the evolution from early week to later week. as well, a project that *you* can get something out of and get more of what BM is about.

it's not just a fun weekend.
wait and do it right.
-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=
shitmouse

I've been swayed in my understanding

Postby Rage » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:12 am

I now believe that it would be better to attend for the week and contribute to the community effort.

I now believe that it would be better to attend for the week and contribute to the community effort.

Rage

Good Lawdy Miss Claudy...

Postby Last Real Burner » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:35 am

93 more times and you may be dismissed

instructorly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Re: I've been swayed in my understanding

Postby Zane5100 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:50 am

DJ Mic Rage wrote:I now believe that it would be better to attend for the week and contribute to the community effort.

Sounds like you got the point. Too bad if you can't make for that long, but life does go on.
middle-aged, wannabe-hipster, dilettante
Zane5100

Postby Alpha » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:55 am

Zane5100 wrote:Too bad if you can't make for that long, but life does go on.

Once you've torn a man's arms off, it's generally considered rude to proceed to beat him with them.
Alpha

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:58 am

Alpha wrote:Once you've torn a man's arms off.
Is that what keeps happening Burn Night?
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Alpha » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:19 pm

theCryptofishist wrote: Is that what keeps happening Burn Night?

Yes and No, the sentiment is completely reversed when talking about THE man instead of A man. Once you've torn THE man's arms off, its best to ignite them with fire starter before using them to beat his legs out from beneath him.
Alpha

Postby _tears_ » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:02 pm

DJ Mic Rage wrote: I now believe that it would be better to attend for the week and contribute to the community effort.

Good Boy. * She smiled with a devils sparkle in her eye standing over him with a whip in her hand *

Tears 2003, 2004

The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
_tears_

This is just plain wrong!

Postby herrdirektor » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:23 pm

crazycat wrote:The difference in attending for 2 days as opposed to the entire week is that you will not become part of the community of Burning Man. Two days does not allow enough time for all of your worldly insight to slip away so that you can truely experience Burning Man, as opposed to being a spectator. As another has said, sometimes time constraints must be honored, but you will miss so much by not being able to come for the week. Those who come in later in the week are not the same as those who are able to stay longer. I suppose that is why others may sound harsh...they just want everyone to get the most out of it the way they have. :wink: This year, as before, I am back for 7 days because I know that I need that much time. Hopefully you will be able to do the same soon! See you on the Playa!
Cat

My first (well actually my second, but my first at the playa) burn was 2002. I was invited by a friend because she didn't have a ride. I had wanted to go for a long time, but neither of us could leave until Friday. So we decided to go anyway. We arrived at 2 AM on Saturday. I can honestly say that it was one of the most soul-altering events of my life (way more so than Woodstock - right, THAT original Woodstock).

We stayed until Monday morning ( about 80 hours total). And no, compared to the 6 days we spent this past BM-2003, it wasn't "as complete". On the other hand, it was the FIRST time for me, and that made a big difference. I am also the type of person who NEVER spectates, so even though I was only there for 2-1/2 days, I immediately plunged into the experience. We camped with HOTD Lounge and just being with that fabulous group of people for two days was life-changing. The fun, the comraderie, the irreverence, stuff I hadn't experienced in the same way since the 60s.

Should you do 6 or 7 days? If you can, of course. If you can't, do what you can! Enjoy it to the utmost for what you experience, and forget all the naysayers who try to tell you what the "definitive" BM experience is. My guess is there is NO "definitive" experience, although everyone has their own. Make of it what you can, what you will, but be there. You aren't home until you go.
Jon

The difference between theory and reality is that
in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality,
but in reality, there is!
herrdirektor

Postby Tancorix » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:44 pm

Just get there. Be it for a day, two days, or a week it doesn't really matter.
Tancorix

I'm a convert...OK...OK?

Postby Rage » Fri May 21, 2004 9:14 am

The plan has been changed to allow us there the whole week with shade structure, tent, loads of bottled water, rental car, ice chests, art vehicle...etc.

I'm not even complaining about the prices anymore.
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray..." - Prince
Rage

Re: I'm a convert...OK...OK?

Postby _tears_ » Fri May 21, 2004 2:01 pm

DJ Mic Rage wrote:The plan has been changed to allow us there the whole week with shade structure, tent, loads of bottled water, rental car, ice chests, art vehicle...etc.

I'm not even complaining about the prices anymore.

Good!

Tears 2003, 2004

The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
_tears_

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri May 21, 2004 8:54 pm

lapeer20m wrote:
stuart wrote:
my RV does not come with a pool.

Mine does....It has a 400 gallon jacuzzi inside. Really ! I'm not kidding !

Check it out http://theblackplague.skoolie.net/

I love a good road trip !

Holyfuckingshit!!! That is SSOOOO cool! I've thought about doing exactly that myself!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm Going To Hawaii Instead

Postby BAS » Sat May 22, 2004 11:56 am

Aw man am i jealous!!! Do you take a full tub all the way out to the desert, or fill it up at some point just before heading out to BRC? I'd think that hauling that much water would really lower your gas mileage...?

Darn it all! Now *I* want an old bus!!!
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

loopy

Postby atom 13 » Wed May 26, 2004 9:05 am

you also mentioned that you like to get loopy like when you were younger. This event is not all about that! I hope you enjoy this event for more then just that. You really should come and check out the week long event as seeing the city come to life is one of the most amazing things. You have to excuse everyone's posting and mine as well because you are coming in as a weekend warrior, a partier, a person that would trash what was once pure to everyone. This is why I think everyone feels so strongly that you come for longer. You even said you have the buck to burn. Why not burn it the fashion that burningman was intended for. The week long event. Come ruff it with us!
atom 13

Re: I'm a convert...OK...OK?

Postby Simply Joel » Wed May 26, 2004 10:23 am

DJ Mic Rage wrote:I'm not even complaining about the prices anymore.

Thank you... I had had enough of that annoying whine.
Simply Joel

Postby Ohranje » Wed May 26, 2004 10:45 am

This is my first year to burn - I am going for the whole thing - my friends and partner would have it no other way. I am even planning the week after to decompress. I have wanted to go for so many years and to have this dream finally come to fruition - I can not wait. I want to make the most of this.
Juicy Fruit Jim
The Information Fairy
Fairyland - by Playa Fairies
San Francisco, CA
www.playafairies.com
www.ohranje.com
2004 First Burn
Ohranje

Postby nipples » Wed May 26, 2004 9:57 pm

I have noticed that poop & urine is collected and hauled during the event, and that ticket prices reflect this.

I personally find it appalling that I eat food moreso than is needed to sustain metabolism (I have pooped). It is only under duress that I do drink fluidly to urinate.

If I were to enjoin a colostromy bag (for whatever reason) & promise to haul it out, could I get a cheaper ticket?
nipples

Postby paps » Wed May 26, 2004 10:15 pm

Oh My!

Do Not get me started on waste!

One of my neighbors laid cable every mprning after coffee. Made a big production of it as he stepped upon his bycycle, of The Glory he would birth in just a few moments, within JOTS.

Some say he was a vegan, laying huge fermenting piles of straw and cud, others simply said "go ahead" as his tax was leved on us all, not knowing it were meat or fruit or nut that drove such wanton lust.
paps

Postby amnesia » Wed May 26, 2004 10:25 pm

Often I forget what it were that taxed my bowels enough for head to listen, what has bade me fart?

scoop of pyramid pile
what are you, my lovely?

except for you my query
in this JOTS
i am without
amnesia

Postby Bob » Wed May 26, 2004 10:28 pm

intumesced night soil?
holly jolly gift bagger --
share & share a lick
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

about getting back on topic

Postby Suzie Clipboard » Thu May 27, 2004 3:54 am

Oh, you guys are just hilarious! What a funny story in such a low brow sort of way. I'm of course referring to the thread drift originated by username-"nipples" about a utilizing a "colostomy bag" to gain a bargain for a cheaper ticket to Burning Man. In my best Lilly Tomlin: this was so "droll"! I loved it! This caused username-"paps" to respond with that funny story about his playa neighbor- His neighbor would loudly declare his daily production of pooping directly on the outer playa inside the installation of a toilet- Johnny on the Spot. And then we received these lovely poems from username-"amnesia" and username-"Bob" about "poop". Hilarious! You guys are just too much! I've had such a good laugh. Aaahhh, but, seriously now.

People, this is also a good time to warn you all of the dangers of "satire": What are witnessing here is a good example of how making "satirical" remarks leads to thread drift.

Everybody, what's important here is that we stay focused. This thread is about "Ticket Prices" and helping DJ Mic Rage with his dilemma about whether or not he should attend Burning Man for "only" the weekend. But with username-"nipples" satirical remark, this invoked a memory for "paps" to "want to tell a story". And while that story was funny, it has led to these poems about poop are that are a bit "inappropriate" for this thread. But that's ok! It's no problem. Isn't it fascinating how even when you know it's "wrong" to write poop on the e-playa, you just kinda feeled compelled to go ahead and do it, like it was your "art" or something! Well, I'm just going to make these little marks by your names here, but don't worry: This time, I'm going to use pencil.

Again, it was a funny little tangent. But please, do not respond to me. I am incredibly busy these days and my time is really limited, which means that I won't be posting very much. Let's not carry on with this thread drift any further. And besides, I think you need to read a few more of my posts before you can honestly say that you've "gotten to know me". Oh, and by the way, don't even think about it! : My boyfriend, Chad, will be finishing his residency in Boston and then he will be flying out to Reno to meet me! We're getting married on the playa! You are all of coure invited. I know that I sound a little bit flat but let's give it a chance to get to know each other. We might have a chemistry after all. I'm not getting married until Labor Day! Please leave.

Here's my past post.
Have a tissue-
Suzie Clipboard

Re: about getting back on topic

Postby Captain Goddammit » Thu May 27, 2004 6:56 am

[quote="Suzie Chapstick"]

But please, do not respond to me. I am incredibly busy these days and my time is really limited,

Then shut the hell up in the first place.
Chad can cry to us later when his mistake becomes obvious.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm Going To Hawaii Instead

Postby technopatra » Thu May 27, 2004 9:05 am

I think Suzie's a riot! She writes the way J.D. Salinger and Dorothy Parker wrote dialogue for the society ladies they despised.

"Isn't it funny satire? Because if it were just satire, why, what would be the point? Why, yes, I would like another martini, darling."

Rock on, Suzie!
technopatra

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Thu May 27, 2004 9:14 am

nipples wrote:I personally find it appalling that I eat food moreso than is needed to sustain metabolism (I have pooped).

According to my Doctor, what we poop is not really just what we eat, but rather a combination of the indigestible parts (like corn) and a hefty dose of gastrointestinal bacteria. That is why you may not poop less when sick (despite not eating anything for days). YMMV. You may now return to your regularly scheduled rantings. Jafe
dragonfly Jafe

Postby Bob » Thu May 27, 2004 9:49 am

dotty parker... or...
just another nasty crack...
take my life... please... please...
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks