HELP ME

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

HELP ME

Postby dylan_ky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:38 am

if anyone knows how i can volunteer for next years burn to go and help out early plz let me know what i can do and how i would go about doing it
dylan_ky

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 am

The 3 "B's"

Buy a case of whiskey.
Be available for 2 months before, and one month after the burn.
Befriend a DPW chap (or lass)
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

really

Postby dylan_ky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:43 am

thats all u have to do for real. Could i go down like a month before the burn and help out?
dylan_ky

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 pm

I'll assume that you mean this year's burn.
Fill out the questionaire on the main site. Be sure that check off those departments that interest you. Get on the mailing lists.
Join a large theme camp and be their total dog, so you can get in early and set up camp.
Find an artist who needs help setting up a placed art piece, so you can get in early and set it up.
And please, don't get the early entry and use it to party. That's just so sad.
And expect that volenteer departments, theme camps and artists will have a process by which they decide you are serious about helping.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby mojo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Yep - what Fishy said. I think most of the departments require at least one year of volunteering before you can do early entry work.
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.
mojo

Postby klondike_bar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:58 pm

some theme camps will get you early admission for 2-3 days before the event opens in order to help with the setup of the camp. afterwards, you can stay a few days for teardown, or even longer with the DPW and moop efforts

however, dont try this your first year. learn to survive days first, then work on surviving longer next time. (trust me, by the time saturday rolls around, youll be starting to look fowards to the idea of going home for a good meal, a dust-free enviroment, and a good, hot shower)
klondike_bar

Return to Get Involved!