Power To The Playa... From Germany!

ygmir
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:21 am

I resist posting self pics, so, he's the closest twin to me that people can recognize.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am

ygmir wrote:*kicks dirt*

dang, there goes my excuse to visit Goathead and have raviolis at Bruno's........

well,
let me know if I can be of any other service.......
We could have taken out all of the illegal in California firearms.

Drink beer at Joe's, and play with the jukebox...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

goathead

Post by goathead » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:22 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
ygmir wrote: dang, there goes my excuse to visit Goathead and have raviolis at Bruno's.......
Dodged a bullet, and we are glad to have you among the living.
Would only teach yg to dance if he asked.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:00 pm

goathead wrote:
ygmir wrote:*kicks dirt*

dang, there goes my excuse to visit Goathead and have raviolis at Bruno's........

well,
let me know if I can be of any other service.......
We could have taken out all of the illegal in California firearms.

Drink beer at Joe's, and play with the jukebox...

Sounds like a wonderful day.
*add pouting and sticking lower lip out, now. Thanks GH........*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

goathead

Post by goathead » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Ahhhhh there, there, little buddy, You'll make it home again someday.

Then we can break out the illegal in California firearms, play golf, and drink beer.

:twisted:

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:16 pm

goathead wrote:

Then we can break out the illegal in California firearms, play golf, and drink beer.

You can't do that!

You'll damage the stocks.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:59 pm

goathead wrote:

thanks skipper......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

goathead

Post by goathead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:03 pm

gyre wrote:
goathead wrote:

You can't do that!

You'll damage the stocks.
A virgin golfer?

Trust me no stocks are hurt during this game.

goathead

Post by goathead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:08 pm

ygmir wrote:
goathead wrote:

thanks skipper......
it would be a tough game right now, one big mud trap.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:10 pm

then, that only leaves drinking, planning mayhem, and, drinking some more........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

goathead

Post by goathead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 pm

we have media circus up here right now.
not nearly as entertaining as DPW though, I like DWP, these people just piss me off.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14 pm

can you elucidate?
media circus? ?DWP?........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

goathead

Post by goathead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:17 pm

wild horse thing,
so we have all of the alphabet in town
ABC, CBS, NBC, with a bit of BLM thrown in for a nice pile of crap.

Wish it was summer with just DPW that would be nicer.
:D

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:25 pm

any of the big, asshat reporters?
can you arrange a school bus ride for them?
I'll find a cargo trailer and bury it.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:15 am

Are any of the reporters a semi-asian female ?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 am

oneeyeddick wrote:Are any of the reporters a semi-asian female ?
You left out the woed "tokan"

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 am

UJH:

you gotta learn not to type with your elbows...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

goathead

Post by goathead » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:13 am

it is much more entertaing that way though.

kvon

Post by kvon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 pm

hello to all,
It is with grand delight, that, I report the results of our second attempt with our small scale experiment:

The hopes, of my mentor, my self, our team, and, I am hoping, some of you, have been met, and, somewhatly, exceeded!!

We have finalized the re-testing and experimental process of the project. All measurements have been confirmed and verified. We also compared to the first, truncated (due to faulty hardware), test.

I am reporting this to you, as soon as we now have verified our results.
This, to hopefully demonstrate my personal feeling that you all, here, are interested. Also, in some way, to becoming involved, even if by only reading.

some of you, though, have already helped, in substantive ways:
I refer to Dusty Bacon, for his recent soil sampling and rapidly shipment to us for testing.
As we had hoped, the soil chemistry and physical properties, seem, almost ideal. By far, the best, most compatible materials we've tested.
I also appreciate the many offers of help, I have received, via PM or openly, here.
Some, I must assume, are serious, but seeming to attempt humor, as well.
I refer to Ygmir as I seem unable to, at times, understand the attempts at wit. I will study American humor, and, one day, be able to respond, in kind. Also, Goathead and Gyre and the others here:
The banter you all engage in, helps me feeling much more at ease in our dealings. Now, I only wish I could understand and contribute.
I will work towards that end.

This, I am hoping, will enthuse our leader, to approve second phase testing on your playa.

I am working, alone, with regard to this group, Eplaya, and, will, hopefully soon, report to my superior, my mentor, of the assistance and support, available to us, by using your playa as a site for second phase testing.
I may, at a point, ask that some here may be willing to write a small declarative statement regarding any interest, enthusiasm or willingness to observing, co-operate or assist in our work.
This, will do much to convince the upper echelon of our group, I believe, to approve a trip to your playa.

I must admit, that, I am becoming somewhat biased in my enthusiasm for testing there, as I read the threads here on eplaya, and, other research into your festival.
I am at such a loss, or perhaps it is merely cultural differences, to understand how all that I read of this festival, can be true.
The freedom of expression and uninhibited enjoyment of activities, and other persons, seems so "un-controlled", that, I am having difficulty comprehending it's existence, without, seemingly, any oversight or authority figures.
I will look forward (in my hopes) to participating, though, as time allows.
Assuming we are allowed to conduct our testing there and are allowed free time for ourselves, during same.

For now, this is my report.

Please, openly to post questions and comments here.
I will use them, at a later date, in attempting to convince my mentor that your playa is the preferable test site.

This will be preferable to PMing, in my opinion, in that it is not, and would not seem, solicited or privileged conversation.

all my best you you,
K
KVH

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Sensational news, Kvon! You must be jumping for joy and I hope that you are also finding time to rest and recoup as you have no doubt been putting a great deal of time into the project.

As for me, I am just finishing up my grant proposal for the Ein Hammer project. Please check the PM I sent you with the text I hope to include explaining the possible collaberation of our efforts. It would be a wonderful hybrid of art and science that is, in many ways, very cohesive with this year's Burning Man theme, "Metropolis, The Life of Cities".

We should also talk about the American electrical standards of 110 VAC, 60 HZ and plug recepticles that match our electrical appliances that are no doubt different from your German standards. What manner of DC to AC power conversion would be the most efficient so there are no interruptions in the public use of the power "grid" on the playa?

I know you have your own funding for the testing phase, but I am reliant on the generosity of the Burning Man organization if my artistic dream is to manifest this year. I invite you to browse the new updates on our progress blog at www.mutantvehicle.com/ein_hammer_progress.htm .

Be well, and do strange things!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 pm

and, here, I thought I was doing so well..........

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 pm

I'll try to explain any humour I can, but sometimes Ygmir doesn't translate into englisch.

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:17 am

...once you go to Black Rock City, you never go back!

If you do make it to the Playa, stop by Terminal City at 3:15 and A street and we will give you some fantastic ice-cold American beer in patriotic colored cans...
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:13 am

dragonfly Jafe wrote:...once you go to Black Rock City, you never go back!

If you do make it to the Playa, stop by Terminal City at 3:15 and A street and we will give you some fantastic ice-cold American beer in patriotic colored cans...
I fear he's been warned of our domestic burden!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 pm

kvon wrote:...I am at such a loss, or perhaps it is merely cultural differences, to understand how all that I read of this festival, can be true.
The freedom of expression and uninhibited enjoyment of activities, and other persons, seems so "un-controlled", that, I am having difficulty comprehending it's existence, without, seemingly, any oversight or authority figures...
Well, I assure you of two things;

1) whatever conception you might have, it is far from the reality of BM. The reality will either be far better or far worse than you now imagine (most likely far better).

2) there are authority figures on the Playa (many of them), and they love to write tickets and arrest serious law-breakers...though serious crime is rare.

Usually the advice is for 1st-timers (called "virgins") to NOT bring a major project, due to the extreme sensory and physiological overload. Be sure to NOT miss-underestimate the logistical issues either (they can break you long before you see the gleaming neon wonder of the Man set against the splendor of the Playa).
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:23 am

dragonfly Jafe wrote:
kvon wrote:...I am at such a loss, or perhaps it is merely cultural differences, to understand how all that I read of this festival, can be true.
The freedom of expression and uninhibited enjoyment of activities, and other persons, seems so "un-controlled", that, I am having difficulty comprehending it's existence, without, seemingly, any oversight or authority figures...
Well, I assure you of two things;

1) whatever conception you might have, it is far from the reality of BM. The reality will either be far better or far worse than you now imagine (most likely far better).

2) there are authority figures on the Playa (many of them), and they love to write tickets and arrest serious law-breakers...though serious crime is rare.

Usually the advice is for 1st-timers (called "virgins") to NOT bring a major project, due to the extreme sensory and physiological overload. Be sure to NOT miss-underestimate the logistical issues either (they can break you long before you see the gleaming neon wonder of the Man set against the splendor of the Playa).
Too true, Jafe. As you recall, I built a mutant vehicle to take to my first burn. The one thing I did right (for me) was train a bunch of other drivers in my camp, and the best feeling in the world was handing over the keys and watching it blink off around a corner. That's when my burn REALLY began.

Some of us, (you included?) were attracted to Burning Man in our humble beginnings by the opportunity to gift and participate in it's creation above all else. As you, Kvon, are already showing signs of this fascination, I completely identify with you, and can't say enough how Jafe's words are worth your deep consideration. If you do join us on the playa, make absolutely sure it does not end up all work and no play-- your work IS play if you set it up right, jah?

Kvon: I have recently submitted our grant application for consideration of the Ein Hammer project by the Burning Man organization in which I was sure to make mention a possible collaboration between our two respective projects. One of the elements of the proposal includes their heavy equipment services as I think having the use of cranes, loaders, and especially trenching equipment could have mutual advantage. I likely won't hear back from them until much later in the month. I'll be sure to inform you if they show any interest or support. If you have not already seen it over on the Ein Hammer thread, here's the demonstration video to which there is a link in the proposal:

[youtube][/youtube]

Now it's time for me to rest and reflect. I'll even be making a little solo trip out to the Black Rock Desert this weekend to clear my head and reconnect with the playa. I'm lucky to live so close. Do you now have all the soil samples you need? If not, I'd be happy to scrape up some more playa dust for you, though I don't have any of the coring equipment that the other guys who sent it to you have. Just let me know.

Be well and eat lots of strudel!

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:29 am

Kiss a frog for me Mister Jellyman!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:38 am

Kvon, I'd like to help with your project.

I hope you make it out to the playa.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 am

Kvon:
Gyre, is super adept, and talented at research, especially.
He can find the most obscure information.........sometimes, even related to the topic requested........

hahaha,

and, to see him dressed as a Bavarian serving girl.......well.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:48 am

MJM:

that'd be super cool if you guys could collaborate.

I'm very well acquainted with underground construction techniques and procedures, as well as trenching and such.
I own a backhoe and bobcat with a trencher attachment, as well as auger.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “2010 Theme Camps”