HeArt Car: (COIL) The Chariot of Infinite Love

HeArt Car: (COIL) The Chariot of Infinite Love

Postby Akasha Ocean » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Dearest darling burner babes,

Prometheus, Captain of the Chariot of Infinite Love (COIL) HeArt Car, and his anahata regatta open-heart team of co-creators and conspirators have begun:

Plotting the potential second rendezvous of the COIL with our beloved playa;

And brainstorming sources of funding for improvements.

We are curious to gauge some impact of the project on the broader playa community.

If you interacted with the COIL—road the car, chased the car, or saw it shimmering across the playa, we’d be grateful if you’d be willing to share your experiences. I’d appreciate if you’d copy any such posts to akashaocean@gmail.com. And particularly, if you have photos of the car, we’d love to share your images!

I am including a link to a photo of the COIL at the bottom of this post, for identification.

Thanks you for being who you are and making the burn what it is.

~ Akasha

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nbraziel/4190641229/in/set-72157623015044730?edited=1
Akasha Ocean

Postby Captain Goddammit » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:53 pm

It kinda looks like a truck pulling a flatbed trailer...
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii Instead

Re: HeArt Car: (COIL) The Chariot of Infinite Love

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:31 am

Akasha Ocean wrote:...anahata regatta...

Cute.

Reminds me of Rath Yatra and Lord Jaga Nath:

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:10 pm

See , Doc Pyro, all you need is a trailor with some metal on it, and the DMV won't care how much your truck still looks like a truck.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

I can feel the infinite love right now.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Metal HeArts

Postby Akasha Ocean » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses, and thank you to those from whom I have received lovely emails.

Since you seem curious, the DMV actually did have quite an issue with the visibility of the truck and the flatbad. They gave us a special dispensation, because they were impressed that a first-year lead artist, working with a first-year crew and a first-year camp, brought out a 18,000 ton, custom-welded, two-story climbable heart with a rotating DJ booth, all equipped with 210 individually controlled LED bars programming 7,000 lights through microprocessors. We were (and continue to be) grateful to the DMV, because the COIL was the result of half a year's (literal) round the clock work and several years of dreaming.

The DMV didn't give us the dispensation cost-free, however. They denied our permit, but suggested that we go back to camp and spend the next 24 hours doing everything in our power to cover the vehicle and flatbed. This meant that the HeArt Car crew gifted yet another day (it was Wednesday evening at this point) of their Burn to holding the vision, scavanging for scrap material, and working in the dust, and to them we are also greatful.

One of the reasons we're exploring support to bring the art car back is that we need to make modifications before its second Burn, among those modification being a massive upgrade to the lighting system, and a redesign of the truck and flatbed system.

Thank you for reminding us of these critical improvements. I continue to welcome resposes, email, and photos.

Much love,

~ A

The COIL at night: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nbraziel/4191420414/in/set-72157623015044730?edited=1
Akasha Ocean

Return to 2010 Art & Performance