A.L.O.F.T. Black Rock City '1(.)0

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

A.L.O.F.T. Black Rock City '1(.)0

Postby Loricybin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:13 pm

The 2010 Burning Man Festival will be ground-zero for the first Annual Lawn Ornament Field Trip-

A troop of lucky lawn ornaments from various SF Bay Area neighborhoods will be gifted a free trip to fabulous Black Rock City, Nevada! This all-expense-paid trip includes entry to the world (in)famous Burning Man festival, and may include photographic documentation throughout the event and a written report of the participants’ (mis)adventures, interactions with humans and fellow ornaments, habits developed along the way, memorable quotes, and more.

Each attendee will be officially commended for the demonstration and/or development of positive, healthy traits within the community and within themselves, including (but not limited to) reliability, expressiveness, adaptability, and sense of humor. On the final evening of the event, each participant will also be given an (in?)appropriate playa name.

If you live with or know of a lawn ornament who seems bored, apathetic, restless, eager to escape the doldrums and find a barrier-dissolving, monotony shattering experience, contact the A.L.O.F.T. (annual lawn ornament field trip) program director, Loren, at torxmeppy(at)gmail.

[All lawn ornaments will be lovingly supervised and (likely) replaced within a few weeks of the festival’s dissolution. Selected ornaments will be picked up by the A.L.O.F.T. school bus in the middle of some August night.]

This is my second burn and my first year with an "original" idea for artistic contribution, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to criticism.
I'm curious to learn what you eplayans think of this idea. (..and no, smartypants, i will not take your 400 lb. "ornament", but if you'd like to volunteer your gnome, flamingo, or other lawn buddy, I'd be happy to host.)

Cheers,
-Loren
History does not repeat itself, though it often rhymes.
Loricybin

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: SK8 KAMP

Re: A.L.O.F.T. Black Rock City '1(.)0

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Loricybin wrote: ..and no, smartypants, i will not take your 400 lb. "ornament",

We don't go for that type of name calling around here in these parts.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Re: A.L.O.F.T. Black Rock City '1(.)0

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:
Loricybin wrote: ..and no, smartypants, i will not take your 400 lb. "ornament",

We don't go for that type of name calling around here in these parts.

If Loricybin touches Overcompensation the Booby Bar will be out in force to take care of the matter.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby gyre » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:24 am

Is this related to the GLF?
gyre

Postby Loricybin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:36 am

gyre wrote:Is this related to the GLF?

I hadn't heard of the GLF until you asked this question. I have no connection to the GLF, nor do I intend to permanently displace anything (as they seem to intend to do).

Anyway, I'll probably be walking around with a red wagon full of gnomes and other ornamental lawn creature. If you spot me, say hi and perhaps pose for a picture with one of the "lucky winners".

Also, should this thread have been established in "get involved!"? I'm starting to wonder if it might have been more appropriate in the "2010 Art & Performance" section.
History does not repeat itself, though it often rhymes.
Loricybin

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: SK8 KAMP

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:36 am

I think you'll do fine.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Return to Get Involved!