Spring Equinox Burn in the Everglades?

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Spring Equinox Burn in the Everglades?

Postby Peace_Tolero » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:56 am

Florida Burners, particularly South Florida Burners... are we many or few?

Seminole Chief Billie had between 25,000 and 50,000 Phish Phans at his big place out in the Everglades for the NY2K weekend. Before I contact him about a regional burn out at Big Cypress Reservation, what kind of interest is there way down here in the toenail fungus of America? March is still bug moderate.
Peace_Tolero

Postby rob feature » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:03 pm

well, i'm not from florida, nor have i ever been to a burning man event. i did have a ticket this year, but live on the other side of the country and had some logistical issues. so, i stayed home. so why am i bothering you? i was at big cypress for that Phish event and have been wanting to make a trip back there ever since. it's a truly magical place...in the wintertime anyway...you couldn't pay me enough to go in the summer. i'd love to hear more about something like that going down.

peace and cheese
feature
rob feature

Magical, alright!

Postby Peace_Tolero » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:45 pm

Magical alright. - The source of the primordeal ooze.

And you're right about the summer. I seem to remember there was talk about having a yearly Phish Phest. Billie supposedly had a five year contract. But the FHP was already freakin about the frickin traffic jam last time and I guess they refused to issue the permits. Alligator Alley was backed up for 12 hours. Oh well, I would have loved to see Phish every NYE at Big Cypress like the Dead used to play every NYE in Frisco. It was nice while it lasted - once! Anyway, I'm going to get in touch with Chief Billie and see if he's into the Spring E-Q.

Donna the Buffalo is doing a jam band cruise out of Port Everglades in January and I'll find out from the promoter if they like this area and would they like to come back in the spring. I also will look for alternative locations. Like Clyde and Nickie Butcher's over the other side of Big Cypress on Tamiami Trail. But I don't know if their place is big enough.

Stay Tuned.

Peace_Tolero

we want this to happen somehow!

Postby sonsara » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:12 pm

my friends and i would be interested in doing a psytrance thing there. it is a nice location and i think a good outdoor event would be welcome. so many people from this area were unable to go to bm because of the cost and the time commitment for a festival so far away. there also used to be the ocala forest parties, but i don't think the authoritile lets them happen anymore. anyways, you have the support and participation of at least one miami-based group of people. i am sure i could get quite a few more people interested also if you are serious!
sonsara

South Florida Regional Burn @ WallabyRanch Halloween weekend

Postby Runnerr0 » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:05 pm

If your intrested in going please join er contact people from these lists:

taxiburn@topica.com
or
fla-burningman-chat@ yahoo groups

Its going to be a BLAST with Tandem Hangliding!!

We'll set up our village (GLOM) just as if on the playa, we'll have a sound system, a Bonfire, BBQ, & a MAN TO BURN!

info line:
http://www.coolight.com/DECOM.htm
Runnerr0

Return to Regionals & Events