Fuck yeah!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby The CO » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:29 pm

CapSmashy wrote: You would not want your minions knowing you enjoy music sung by one of the talented members of the Glorious Peoples art collective. :)

Think of it as glasnost. And I don't have minions, I have subordinates.

Fuck yeah, I love my new furnace!
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby skeetsh00ter » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:00 pm

Ring, i didn't see where you were from earlier, but now i do. I was in Chatt last weekend for the head of the hooch. Me and some fellow out of shape ex rowers decided to have a little fun and enter a boat in the race. The weather was perfect for an afternoon on the river!
skeetsh00ter

Postby pinemom » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:49 am

Fuck yeah Mojo, your gonna need a months supply of travel sizes!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby RingO'Fire » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:26 am

skeetsh00ter wrote:Ring, i didn't see where you were from earlier, but now i do. I was in Chatt last weekend for the head of the hooch. Me and some fellow out of shape ex rowers decided to have a little fun and enter a boat in the race. The weather was perfect for an afternoon on the river!

I saw all the hubub around the riverfront last weekend - folks in their rowing regalia, photographers shooting pics from the bridges, etc. I didn't get to check it out though. I spent Saturday afternoon playing disc golf up on Lookout Mtn with two friends - a couple of cool, beautiful women - which definately helps make things a bit more enjoyable.

I later found out that "Head of the Hooch" is supposed to be the second largest rowing regatta in the U.S. Who knew? Obviously not me.

One more thing about the "Hooch." Monday night I had dinner with an ex girlfriend (She volunteered to buy me dinner - which was fabulous). Afterwards, we went for a long walk along the riverfront and on the pedestrian bridge over the River. At the riverfront, they still had the floating dock in place that extended way out into the river and was only something like 6-8 inches above the water surface.

We walked out to the end; it was cool as shit and kind of eerie - almost literally like walking on water. I've never stood on the water in the middle of the Tennessee River before. So - Fuck Yeah! - that was awesome!

So, Shooter (or should I call you "Skeet?" ;) ), how did you guys do in the regatta?
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Postby skeetsh00ter » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:24 am

It is one of the bigger regattas, definitely biggest in the Southeast...

we did surprisingly well for never having rowed together and being out of shape. I've definitely had worse rows before. we ended up coming in 6th/19 so we were all very happy w/ ourselves.

We definitely looked the best too, we all had matching tye-dye wife beaters on...it was 'fabulous' to say the least.

skeet or shooter will work...i coined the name way before that damned rap song ever came out. So it's not 'skeet' in that sense, it's this type of skeet shooting

http://images.beijing-2008.org/29/87/Img212018729.jpg
skeetsh00ter

Postby help » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:33 am

Fuck Yeah!

Wildly unconventional and highly discouraged method of ATV disembarkment discovered the other night. 12mph steel cable across the chest resulting in immediate stoppage of forward motion and placing of a flying body upon its head initally, followed almost instantly by a loud snap and a super-brilliant flash of white light, then a crashing of the rest of the body into a neat and compact pile upon the rocks and dirt. Alone. In the dark. Nearest human 1/2 mile-at least. Say it with me boys and girls, "Stupid."

Apparent residual effects: Super-stiff/sore neck, swollen knee ( hit handlebar-still can't walk) and fantastic raspberry road rash along whole top of skull, significant bruising on biceps and chest across solarplexis-but still fuckin' kickin.'

Shots on goal: Death - 3
Goals: 0

(You really do see stars-little white twinkling things on a jet black background-just like in the cartoons!)

"Not dead, can't quit."

Today, I am alive. Sore, but alive. FUCK YEAH !
I was better last year.
help

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Misfit Nation

Postby skeetsh00ter » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:47 am

fuck yeah help, i would have paid good money to see that!
skeetsh00ter

Postby pinemom » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:50 am

hahahaaa...yes indeed a good one, my mind video player did a full live version just now!
damn, better then jack-ass

where should I send my money?

hahaaa
pinemom

Postby help » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:52 am

Puts a whole new spin on my mental image of:

"PULL"...BOOM!
Ha haha ouch...
help

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Misfit Nation

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:21 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoDKITOI2Uw[/youtube]
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:21 pm

The CO wrote:
CapSmashy wrote: You would not want your minions knowing you enjoy music sung by one of the talented members of the Glorious Peoples art collective. :)

Think of it as glasnost. And I don't have minions, I have subordinates.

Fuck yeah, I love my new furnace!

Fuck yea... I'll tell you..... the CO and Red are the MOST talented musical members in the Peoples Art Collective.... in my book...... It takes a lot to bring a tear to my eye..........

I Salute You!.......I love you both!!!!!! (((((Major HUGS!!!!!!)))))
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby The CO » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:23 pm

Why Tank You, Titwi!

(Major Hugs is part of the 73rd Joy Brigade, currently attached to the M*A*S*H 8063rd. Have not seen her in a while...)
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby OregonRed » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:29 am

Thank you Titwi! It's especially sweet of you to say that as my voice was RASPY (courtesy of the lovely dust storms) the afternoon The CO and I sang for you and PM ... We'll have to sing for you earlier in the week next year so y'all can hear what I can really do!

((((((((BIG HUGS BACK!!!!)))))))))
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

OregonRed

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby pinemom » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:22 am

Oh yes, it was by far the BESTEST wedding gift we received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still!
xoxoxoxxoxoxox!
Pinemom
pinemom

Postby RingO'Fire » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Fuck Yeah!

I graduated YESTERDAY with my Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga!

Six. long. years! [Working full time and going to school part time - finally over!] I made it! Woohoo!

I keep having this nagging feeling though, that I should be working on some kind of school assignment - homework, a paper, or a project. I'm looking forward to that feeling going away soon. I'm also looking forward to taking my time figuring out what a so-called "normal" life is going to be like for me.

I'm sure I'll think of something to do, to occupy all this extra time on my hands, now that I'm not in school anymore. Hmmm... now just where do I start?
RingO'Fire

Postby ygmir » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:47 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2Su6PkenA[/youtube]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Oldguy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:43 pm

congrats ring-o-fire.
entry level jobs require post-graduate work.
perhaps masters or phd?
or founding your own company?

you want fries with that?
Image current moon

"Opportunity is missed by most people
because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas Alva Edison
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Dogpatch

Postby geospyder » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Congrats on becoming an official BS'er.
Don't believe everything you think.
geospyder

Burning Since: 2009

Postby RingO'Fire » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:30 am

ygmir wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2Su6PkenA[/youtube]

This video was awesome! Thanks yg!

Thanks too, oldguy & geospyder. Man, it feels SO good to be finally through with school.

The company I work for now, as a geologist, has paid my way through school. I'm very fortunate in the respect that, even though the job market totally sucks right now, I already have a job where I can use my newly-minted engineering skills. I guess now I'm an engineer AND a geologist, although legally, I'm just an "Engineer in Training."

We have one older civil engineer on staff here, but he does mostly project management-type stuff, and not much actual number-crunching-engineering. So, I've got to figure out now how to keep working at my current job, but still get hooked up with some experienced engineers. I'd like to be able to learn from some crusty, but still sharp, old dudes that have been doing this stuff for years. You know those guys - "I don't give a damn what your book says! This is how we REALLY do it!" Those are the engineers that I want to work with.

Anyway, I'm through with school now. I've got plenty of time to figure out all this other issues. Maybe, I'll even have the time & resources to go back to Burning Man this summer! Wouldn't THAT be awesome!
RingO'Fire

Postby pinemom » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:33 am

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!~~~~

CONGRATS R'O'FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome awesome, Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Whats next on your life's check list?
pinemom

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Fuck Yah! I'm laid off. Time to get some things done in and around the house. Hopefully the State job will happen and I'm going up to tacoma to see if joining the Seafarers International Union is feasible $ wise. I just paid off my box truck so my only debt is my mortgage. Wohoo! Fuck Yah! Unemployment will roll in so I can survive. This will be fun!
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Fuck yeah, it looks like I finally got some lovin lined up. She's a cutie. too. :D
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby AntiM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Fuck yeah, I finished my tile backsplash. I am wiped from doing it, and there are fiddly bits to finish, but I Am Done.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2029652&id=1192536713&l=c52ee5c26a
AntiM

Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby motskyroonmatick » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Fuck yeah! Nice Job AntiM. I really like it. Might be the best one I have seen.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby geekster » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 am

Sorry to revive an old thread but I like this one. It is a celebration of something positive that might have happened or be happening in your life.

My son is at a very interesting time in his life and I remember when I was there. Maybe most of the ladies aren't going to get it. But this is my son's first year as an absolutely insane baseball fan. I remember those years myself and I went through that period from 1966 to about the middle 1970's and was absolutely nuts about the Baltimore Orioles. I didn't really have a favorite, I liked them all, the whole team. I don't know my favorite moment but maybe it was in the 1970 world series when the Oriole's pitcher, Dave McNally, hit a grand slam home run and the Orioles shut down The Big Red Machine. Or maybe it was the '66 series, when the no-name rookies of Baltimore shut down Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale with 33 consecutive scoreless innings pitched or maybe Frank and Brooks Robinson hitting back to back home runs to start the series. And there was the heartbreak of the 1969 Miracle Mets with some kid named Nolan Ryan who took the O's four games straight.

So now all I hear is Buster Posey and Tim Lincecum and I just look at him and smile and remember how it was.

So here's to the San Francisco Giants of 2010 and a new baseball fan. I wish them well and I wish for my son to have an exciting a time being a fan of his team as I did as a fan of mine.

The Orioles suck these days. Jim Palmer is a TV broadcaster with the team after pitching in World Series games over three decades. Boog Powell sells barbeque now on Eutaw Street at Camden Yards. But my son and I have one thing in common ... Jon Miller. Jon was the voice of the Orioles for several years before he moved back to the Bay area and became the voice of the Giants.

So we will sit on the deck these waning days of summer and listen to Jon as the Giants fight their way through the season. His voice will be a comfort to me, recalling memories of days long gone, but for my son it is all brand new.

Welcome, son, to the American pastime. I hope you have as much fun rooting for your team as I did for mine.

Oh, one other thing. For those of you who might have a youngster who loves baseball but can't afford to go the the major league games, there is a great alternative. The San Jose Giants have an absolutely wonderful park at Municipal Stadium (its on Alma near 10th, a few blocks off 280). You can get a good seat for $7 and a GREAT seat for $20 and you can bring in your own food/snacks but the concessions are reasonable. So if you want to take a kid to a game and don't feel like blowing $200 but can afford $20, take a drive down to San Jose and watch their minor league Giants play ball.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Sweet!!!!

Postby delle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 am

I've been looking for a thread that's the opposite of the Fuck! or WTF! threads where I could post the positive stuff. Stuff maybe not appropriate to just slap in the middle of Da Bar conversations...

Since I couldn't find one, I thought I'd start my own. Because really! Good news is always better than bad, right?

So here are a few of my blessings for the day:

I learned 3 new french words yesterday.... two of which I can actually remember and am likely to use again. Lovely descriptors that had been sorely lacking in my vocabulary up until then. (the third I need to make a phone call to retrieve... but I SHALL!)

I met 3 new friends... My husband "bought" them on Kijiji (a Canadian Craigslist) along with a turntable. Lovely people with heart and great conversation. We invited them over for supper and ended up cracking the champagne to toast the new friendship.

My daughter, who has always lamented the fact that she missed being born on her due date of February 29th - and then again March 8th (International Women's Day) by lazily coming out only on the 9th of March, came careening out of her room last night with a loud "WHOOP!!" to announce that she'd just learned that she was actually born on Barbie's Birthday. So she's all good with it finally. (lmao. I love this one!)

It's neither snowing nor raining today and the winds are calm. Second day in a row. The birds are singing again. Spring is in the air!

So I'm smiling. And I just wanted to share....
:D
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby graidawg » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:57 am

how funny i was thinking exactly the same thing this morning Sweeeet
i couldnt think what to call it though so i just posted my good news in the bar.

thats all good news you have there delle. (barbies birthday teehee)

my good news i hear you ask? well i am going to look at a new place to live tonight which i can actually afford and its on the same bus route i catch now so i wont have to learn a route to work :)
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby AntiM » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:06 am

That would be the "Fuck, yeah!" thread. Buried somewhere in the back pages.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby delle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:12 am

AntiM wrote:That would be the "Fuck, yeah!" thread. Buried somewhere in the back pages.

I knew in my heart that one existed someplace. It'd be just wrong for it not to! Although I can't get my mind around how the good news thread can be buried (shame! shame!).

Is a merge or a delete in order?

I love your news Graidawg! It really brought the sun in that much stronger.
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby AntiM » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:20 am

If you can find it and bump it, I will merge it. You may choose to keep the old name or use the new, just say which in the bump.

I'll look for it when I'm not so (goofing off) busy.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion