Art Intallation at BM10: "Ein Hammer" by Jellyfish

Postby gyre » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:35 pm

This is very interesting.

Maybe you could use a separate thread to cover all the details you can make public?
Some here would find it interesting.

It might be worth getting in touch with the people doing solar power last year.
They might have some useful advice.
They were producing 20 kilowatts last year.

I think there are big differences in the way our countries use and view rules.
The playa is sort of a "right to be stupid" place, though not as much as in the past.
Enlightened self interest keeps us alive, for the most part.
Some people still rely on wishful thinking.

Also hallo is proper english, just very outdated.

Welcome to eplaya!
Some interesting experiments take place out there sometimes.
I hope yours is successful.
gyre

Postby ygmir » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Kvon;
I am somewhat familiar with the geology of the region, and, construction techniques, especially related to underground or sub surface issues.

I'm willing to help, in whatever capacity needed.
feel free to pm me, or, post your needs here.

does this fellow work with you, or, look familiar?

Just a little joke........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:03 pm

gyre wrote:This is very interesting.

Maybe you could use a separate thread to cover all the details you can make public?

That's a good idea, Gyre. How's this for a name for the thread: "Power to the Playa... From Germany!"
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby unjonharley » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:

That's a good idea, Gyre. How's this for a name for the thread: "Power to the Playa... From Germany!"

in my best Montgomery Burns.

excellent !
unjonharley

Postby ygmir » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:37 pm

egad!!! gadzooks!!!

that sounds so "normal"........

why not

"German playa zappers.......cook your pizza for free"..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby unjonharley » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

ygmir wrote:

egad!!! gadzooks!!!

that sounds so "normal"........

why not

"German playa zappers.......cook your pizza for free"..........

that thread name would translate to one long extention cord.
unjonharley

Postby ygmir » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:47 pm

well,
at least it has "pizzaz"...........not pizzas......they're for eating.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:27 pm

My pizzaz has been on the back burner for a while now.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:12 pm

of all the things you have on the back burner, OED, I can't see your pizzaz being one........you flamboyant bastard............

you, sir, are his counterpart, on the playa.......

according to all those "in the know".......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm

He was a master of deception.

Wife....kids....happy family.....

Who would have known ?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby kvon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:24 am

hello, again.
And, may I offer seasons greetings to you all.

I have not much time for studying this board lately, as, we have actually begun out first phase testing..........I, and we (our core group) have been working the 16 and 18 hours in a day, in order to meet deadlines this year for results.
It has been an arduous task, but, at first glance, seems to be worthwhile.
We have just started the energizing circuitry, hoping to achieve synchronization of the shockwave and resultant power generation.
I am so excited, even in my sleep deprived state. I felt I wanted to share this auspicious moment of start with you, who, (it is my wish) will help with the second phase, which, I have expectations we will be allowed to attempt, upon the (hopefully) successful end to this initial small scale testing.

And, on personal note:
Mr. Gyre:
Thank you for the kind suggestion of an separate "thread" for communication.
Would this thread be "private" or, is it similar to posting here?
I do not want to circumvent any rules of your fine board, and, will be most happy to comply, if it is determined that this subject have it own thread.
I will leave that up to whomever creates these threads. Please, inform me as to it's creation and name.
I note the fine suggestion of Mr. JellyfishMister. I am, of course, accepting of any name you all would wish for this information and discussion.

Unjohnharley:
I am unsure the reference to "Montgomery Burns", but, do assume you are making it in jest.........ha ha ha.

"one long extension cord?"
I am not sure how that translates from Ygmir's phrase? unless, this is also humorous.

I will, someday, learn the subtleties of the humor here on this board.

Ygmir:
I gladly accept your offer of assistance relating to playa conditions and geology.
I have gotten much good information already, but, another assistant is always welcome.
Thank you.
I see the photo references and attempts at humor you use.
I did chuckle, once I understood your meaning.
I was thinking the well (over) dressed man at first was a photo of Oneeyeddick. ha ha ha, well done.

Oneeyeddick:
it is my pleasure to meet you, and, appreciate your GIF. I am wondering if you are a film maker?

In closing, please accept my apologies , I am extremely fatigued from long days of work, and, must not retire to rest for the upcoming observations to be made. I am in high hopes when I awake, my colleagues will report success in power generation.
It seems you all have varying sense of humor, and, as such, I will attempt to learn, and, if I can, contribute to the levity extant.

I must also note, that, I am grateful for my English spell-check, but, it seems not to help with grammatical errors.

thank you all for your time.

K
KVH
kvon

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 am

kvon wrote:And, on personal note:
Mr. Gyre:
I do not want to circumvent any rules of your fine board, and, will be most happy to comply, if it is determined that this subject have it own thread.
I will leave that up to whomever creates these threads. Please, inform me as to it's creation and name.
I note the fine suggestion of Mr. JellyfishMister. I am, of course, accepting of any name you all would wish for this information and discussion.

K

Thank you, kvon and Gyre. I have taken the initiative to start a new ePlaya thread of discussion for us to move to at:
viewtopic.php?p=514127#514127
with a reference back here for those who need to catch up.

All: please go there and post a "Hallo" so we have a smooth transition and return this thread back to its regularly scheduled "Ein Hammer" program. (Karl- that's a joke based on something they used to say on American television after a program interruption).

I am still very excited about the idea of collaboration, and I feel it best to keep the two projects distinct while still exploring commonalities in their expressions.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby ygmir » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 am

just when this thread was drifting so well..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby gyre » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:56 am

kvon wrote:hello, again.
And, may I offer seasons greetings to you all.

And, on personal note:
Mr. Gyre:
K
Kvon
Jahreszeit begrüßt!
The rules on this forum are not very rigid with the exception of the restriction on editing, which can be an issue on technical threads.
You can start the thread yourself or decide with Mister Jellyfish what name to give it.
It might fit better in 'Tips and Tricks' or "Experiences' and can always go in open discussion, depending on the direction you plan on taking it.
All threads are public here and cannot be edited after an hour, so keep this in mind.
The other forums I am on have unlimited editing, so it seems unusual to me.
A private thread could be created on tribe (when it is working) and you could control access.

There are a lot of different styles on here and humor is always the most difficult thing to translate.
Some posts are baffling to all of us.

Good luck with the project.

Fröhliches Weihnachten!
gyre

Postby gyre » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:34 am

Mr. Burns of the Simpsons

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Y4eMbZBrs[/youtube]
There is an episode where germans buy the power plant.
You might find it funny and offensive.
Season 3, Episode 11
Kraftwerk zu Verkaufen
In english, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk
Staffel 3, Folge 11, maybe?
You might be able to find it on youtube.
My german isn't good enough to search.
Please post it if you find it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burns_Verk ... _Kraftwerk
http://www.h4x3d.com/simpsons-burns-ver ... erk-s3e11/

There is a copy on tinyurl, but the site sucks really, really, really bad, so I don't recommend it.
Don't give them any valid information if you do.
gyre

Postby gyre » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 am

Mr. Burns in Deutschland
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER0xHuVdyL4[/youtube]
gyre

Postby ygmir » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:06 pm

lets hope Kvon has a good sense of humor, in the German related sense.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby gyre » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Germans are well known for their jolly sense of humour.
gyre

Postby ygmir » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:28 pm

well, good.........lets hope your cartoons don't engender some sort of berzerkergang.

if he comes stomping after you naked and all painted blue, don't say you weren't warned.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Greetings from Germany lieber Herr Jellyfish,

as a former silent follower of these boards I just registered to give you some feedback for your fantastic idea! :wink:

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:As with Zsu Zsu I will be making many outlandish grammatical errors in an attempt to be humorous. One must write for their audience, which in this case is mostly English-speaking. It is my fondest hope that many a fellow German burner seek me out to inform me that I am doing it wrong. Fundamentally, it is helpful when you tell me just how wrong I am, so I can effectively straddle that comedic line.

Eventhough humour of course differs a lot and it is not a science I just want to give you some ideas on how wrong you are...

your sentence is FOR DAS WËRKERS
proper german is FÃœR DIE ARBEITER

I am afraid FOR DAS WËRKERS will not even seem german to germans because the letter Ë does not exist in our language. I really don't know if there is any language using it... But I guess you like our umlauts ÄÖÜ - and our word for FOR is FÜR so maybe you should use it instead and leave out the Ë?
Also WERKERS is not a german word, but thats fine since we have words like WERK (work or factory) and HANDWERKER (craftsman). You could also perfectly use another umlaut for this word because germans would pronounce WÖRKERS exactly like WORKERS.

So using FÜR DAS WÖRKERS would be a good choice since it is very very wrong, but seems still german.

And sorry for my english grammar and spelling - take it as my upfront revenge :wink:

Keep up your impressive work and tell me if you still need any help with german barkers - me and two friends of mine are virgins next year and possibly willing to lend a helping hand or voice...

Gute Nacht!
Graf Zahl

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Why thank you, Graf, for the nose helpful coaching! It is nice to celebrate our mutual "wrong-ness"! :-)

I would love to talk to you about you both auditioning for Rotwang "Barker" performance roles. Please let me know when you have purchased your Burning Man tickets, at which time perhaps I could give you a short script and ask you to do a "read" via video or youtube?
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Elorrum » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm

kvon wrote: hoping to achieve synchronization of the shockwave and resultant power generation.

the shockwave? anybody else wondering how far reaching this power generation is? How does the shockwave get generated is what I'm wondering.

thanks
Elorrum

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Elorrum wrote:
kvon wrote: hoping to achieve synchronization of the shockwave and resultant power generation.

the shockwave? anybody else wondering how far reaching this power generation is? How does the shockwave get generated is what I'm wondering.

thanks

Hi Elorrum. A few things to know:

The thread for KVON and others to discuss the German power possibilities has moved here: viewtopic.php?p=514127#514127 You may want to post your question there. Also, Karl told me in a PM that he will be busy with the holidays and phase one testing so we may not hear from him for a while.

Cheers!
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:31 pm

I wish my german were good enough that I could speak garbage.

Ich wunche das meine Deutsch gut genau waren also ich konnte Scheiss sprechen.

The stupidist things cause me heartbreak. My niece and my surrogate niece both speak well, plus the niece spent a term in St. Petersburn (okay, I'm keeping the typo because it's funny in context) and the surrogate niece just got back from a term in Havana.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Ein Hammer New Year

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Raise your big German beer stein to "proust" the New Year... Ein Hammer style!

Here are a few new images created in the free Google Sketchup 3D program:

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby ygmir » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:00 pm

*sproing...........zee heegory doss zbrout*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Damn, damn, damn! I knew that was--wait, I was thinking Caligari, not Metropolis.
Carry on.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby littleflower » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:43 pm

can i be the guy wearing the barrel? pretty please?
littleflower

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:06 pm

...with enough money and a good Surgeon, almost anything is possible...

and Herr Jelly - looking fantastigorical!
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby ygmir » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:14 pm

the mere chance at the opportunity, to see Littleflower in just a barrel, ergo: topless.......would certainly preclude any need for remuneration or surgery............

Some, may call the catholics, thinking Mary has returned..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

PreviousNext

Return to 2010 Art & Performance