Any other Burners quit smoking with the Electro Fag?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Any other Burners quit smoking with the Electro Fag?

Postby Mosin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:49 am

Hey People,
After smoking cigs for 20 years I've been over a week now without a single "analog" cigarette (i.e. tobacco) or a craving (!) as I'm now vaping the Electro Fag(AKA e-cigarette AKA personal vaporizer). Have u seen these things? It's like a mini cigarette-size battery-operated nicotine juice crack pipe that cuts out all the tar, carbon monoxide, and particulate matter old school cigs produce. The juice is nicotine, proplyne glycol (stage smoke stuff), vegetable glycerin, and flavoring... green tea, rasberry, cafe mocha etc etc...and of course tobacco flavors like "Marlbro" and "Kamel". Yes, you still get your "throat hit" and can blow smoke rings, yet the byproduct is an odorless vapor. As such, they are still generally legal where cigs are not (for example, on a plane, at bars, restaurants etc) and can be vaped indoors without grossing out others. Quite pleasurable actually, where cigs had become an albatross...plus it's way cheaper than analog cigs after your "start up" costs to buy the rig (kits are ~$50-75..about the cost of a carton of cigs). There are several local (that is, Bay Area) non-corporate producers of the juice, who make it kosher and organic, so Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are cut out of the loop. Right now they are trying to either buy the industry or kill it, whichever comes first. Anyway, do a Google search for e-cigarette or go to the E-Cigarette Forum if you're interested. If you do your research get the right rig (there are a lot of crappy brands so look out) quitting smoking cigs isn't only easy, it's a great nicotine high! ;)
So...next year at the burn instead of a cig dangling from my lips I'll be nursing my Electro Fag with 8MG Sleepy Time Green Tea blend. No more reeking butts in my pockets... :!:
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:30 am

"Electro Fag"... maybe that would help with my pole-smoking problem...
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii Instead

Postby CapSmashy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:53 am

I have one. I still smoke regular cigs though and use the electric one for in the car, etc.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.
CapSmashy

Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:16 am

ive tried one....sure not the same as smoking....
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:49 pm

The op sounds a little "commercey." May simply be the natural way to write about a gadget you favor, because we've all been exposed to too much crappy advertising.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Mosin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:00 am

I guess should have put the obligatory disclaimer that I have nothing to do with the e-cig industry (I'm a college prof, not a gadget salesman) but I figured it would be obvious by context, as I don't advocate any brand(s) or Web sites other than the e-Cig forum, which is like the vapers ePlaya. Anywho, I'm just totally stoked to have quit smoking analog cigs and wanted to see if any other Burners have tried the eFag (as some clearly have), knowing that I am not the only caffeine and nicotine joneser on the Playa. Really though, what could be more fitting for the Burn than a Chinese made battery-operated electronic gadget that not only blings red or blue, but that gets you slightly baked while emitting a nice vapor effect...with l'essence of pear no less?! :wink:
Come down with fire - Lift my spirit higher -Someone's screaming my name - Come and make me holy again....
Mosin

Postby Mosin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 am

CapSmashy wrote:I have one. I still smoke regular cigs though and use the electric one for in the car, etc.

And I thot I was hardcore. :shock: Honestly I was planning on ritually smoking one or two of my beloved American Spirits a day but I just can't do it now...they taste so gnarly and buzz so hard I'm amazed I could chain smoke them before and not hurl/pass out. It's strange though, so far I still LOVE the smell of second-hand cig smoke...go figure.
Mosin

Postby Mosin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:30 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:"Electro Fag"... maybe that would help with my pole-smoking problem...

I have noticed increased lung capacity, if that helps. Is pole smoking a problem though? :?:
Mosin

Postby Mosin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:45 am

theCryptofishist wrote:The op sounds a little "commercey." May simply be the natural way to write about a gadget you favor, because we've all been exposed to too much crappy advertising.

I reread my op and you're right... it sounds hella commercy. I guess I was evangelizing about my new pacifier. Apologies if it sounded like an advert! Not my intention. I wonder if I sound like a Burning Man ticket/philosophy salesman when I describe the Burn on other forums like my Classic Winnebagos site? In any case, I guess I should stress that there is no evidence yet that these things are any more or less dangerous than old school cigs. Most of us vapers would guess that they are less dangerous, but until there are studies we are guinea pigs, so read the back of you ticket before vaping!
Mosin

bah humbug...

Postby Rabbi Dali Rick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:48 am

Is this the guy your talking about?

the rebbi
Rabbi Dali Rick

Postby Ugly Dougly » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:59 am

I was considering smoking a herring today. Would you like to join me?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Re: bah humbug...

Postby Mosin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:01 pm

Rabbi Dali Rick wrote:Image

Is this the guy your talking about?

the rebbi

Yes but he is mising his El Wire to complete the, um, ah...package.
Mosin

Postby Mosin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:I was considering smoking a herring today. Would you like to join me?

This is the best smoking Herring I am aware of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh9EDqmobmw

:)
Mosin

Postby unjonharley » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:I was considering smoking a herring today. Would you like to join me?

I'm having a problem keeping my salmon lite..
unjonharley

Postby ygmir » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:46 pm

well, no wonder, "Salmon lite" has to little fat to burn......get the real stuff......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby unjonharley » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:55 pm

ygmir wrote:well, no wonder, "Salmon lite" has to little fat to burn......get the real stuff......

heavy fingers make for a funny..
unjonharley

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Mosin wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:The op sounds a little "commercey." May simply be the natural way to write about a gadget you favor, because we've all been exposed to too much crappy advertising.

I reread my op and you're right... it sounds hella commercy. I guess I was evangelizing about my new pacifier. Apologies if it sounded like an advert! Not my intention. I wonder if I sound like a Burning Man ticket/philosophy salesman when I describe the Burn on other forums like my Classic Winnebagos site? In any case, I guess I should stress that there is no evidence yet that these things are any more or less dangerous than old school cigs. Most of us vapers would guess that they are less dangerous, but until there are studies we are guinea pigs, so read the back of you ticket before vaping!

I do love that there are spaces that don't allow commerce, even if they are few and far between. I hate commercials, I think they degrade the language (among many other things.) So, sometimes I may be too sensitive about that tone of speech here. So, thanks for listening to what I said, taking it in good part and giving me an honest answer. Taht's gold.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby gyre » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Speaking of commerce, I know where there is a winnebago showroom model
Any interest in photos or whatnot from your winnebago cult?
I've thought about taking it to the playa.
gyre

Postby Mosin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:22 am

Coming up on the two-month mark with my E-Fag! Aww 'jea! Not that I don't smoke an analog now and again, but now it's a rare, special occasion (like, when I'm hammered :twisted: or totally pissed off :evil: ). I've stockpiled enough backup battery power to last through the entire burn without recharging, and enough e-juice for the End Times. My only concern at this point is LEOs ignorance of e-cigarettes/vaping and my little bottles of e-juice on the playa. I should probably bring receipts of purchase just in case to prove that it is a legal product (in Nevada even!).
Mosin

Return to Open Discussion