Wedding at Burningman

Wedding at Burningman

Postby Screemer » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:37 pm

We are looking for fire performers to perform before and after the ceremony. I would like to walk down an aisle of performers if possible. If you think you could do it hit me up!! It would make my dream come true :D

My husband and I are going to have a ceremony on the playa on Thursday evening at sundown. We will then set fire to the gazebo we will have out there. Anyone is free to use the gazebo before the wedding for a ceremony or whatever they feel like. I am very excited as this is my first open playa installation, and the first time I get to set fire to something as well YAY! Hope you can all make it.

We are wondering what the cheapest way to light our installation is, can we do it without a generator or solar panels?

See you on the playa!

Screemer
Screemer

Postby pinemom » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:54 am

Congratualtions. Thursday is our wedding anniversary, hehehe,
actually, I now know 5 couples who's anniversary is on BM Thursday!

People ask us, "when is your wedding anniversary?" I say, "the last Thursday in August", they say..."what date"...I say "I dunno???, it changes every year"!!!!

On the lighting...hmmm, maybe clear plastic tubes with battery operated LED light strings strung into them.
I know Micheals craft stores have them. But I would say something more like besthongkong.com for mass quantities..
The LED take less energy, so there for seem to be a great alternative. and the light bulbs dont go out, like traditional holiday lights.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby karlkye » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:43 pm

got married in 2005 morn of the burn.by my best friend . still married an we will be their this year.i hope. i will be but dont know about her.what is it about ppl that drink themselfs to death.
karlkye

Postby Screemer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Hope you can make it to our wedding would love to have you there :)
Screemer

Battery operated LEDS

Postby Screemer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Found some great ones that last 50-60 hours on 3 AA batteries, thanks for the idea, gonna save a bunch of money and light our gazebo YAY
Screemer

Postby Elorrum » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Screemer, it might be neat to invite those attending to hang a light on your gazebo for the ceremony. Just bring some string or zip ties, maybe some ribbon?
Elorrum

Postby Screemer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Well thats a cool thought but we have to take the lights down for the wedding as are setting the gazebo on fire after the ceremony. I could ask people to hang ribbons or something onto the gazebo for the wedding although I think buring fabric is not allowed, I'll have to check on that. I was thinking of leaving one of the rails blank for people to write on.

Hope to see you there!!

Screemer
Screemer

Postby Roos » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:43 am

Screemer wrote:Well thats a cool thought but we have to take the lights down for the wedding as are setting the gazebo on fire after the ceremony. I could ask people to hang ribbons or something onto the gazebo for the wedding although I think buring fabric is not allowed, I'll have to check on that. I was thinking of leaving one of the rails blank for people to write on.

Hope to see you there!!

Screemer

Congrats on your engagement! Hope that you will have a fabulous time!

What are you making the gazebo out of? Wood? Why not have people write wishes for you on the wood under the principle that when its burned the wishes will be carried to the heavens as they do with the temple? Or if paper is ok to be burned, have pieces of paper ready to be written on and tied to the gazebo? Maybe something like this?

http://www.mantraommanipadmehum.nl/imag ... GS%201.jpg
To camp or not to camp... That is ze question for this virgin...
Roos

Postby Screemer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 am

Thats a great idea, i'll see how i can do that! Thanks for the inspiration I greatly appreciate all the input I am getting!
Screemer

Postby zachass » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 am

Another thing to keep in mind is the ash cleanup and burn-scar prevention on the playa floor. I'm not sure who you should talk to about that, but I'm sure others will.

Congratulations!
Treat people like you want to be treated. Really...it's simple and it actually works
zachass

Postby Screemer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:31 am

I already talked to BM installations and we are using decomposed granite as our burn platform. Thanks
Screemer

Postby zachass » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:44 am

Right on! You're on top of it!
Treat people like you want to be treated. Really...it's simple and it actually works
zachass

Return to 2010 Art & Performance