Drum & Bass

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Drum & Bass

Postby m3feenix » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:51 am

Hey! I'm interested in playing a half to an hour long set at the upcoming burn....how do I make this happen? :?:
Emory Widener
Artistic Director
Ashevillian Entertainment
m3feenix

Postby Deb Prothero » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:40 pm

There are no gigs at Burning Man. You just bring your instrument and find a place to play.
Deb Prothero

Postby LeChatNoir » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Since you’ve posted under the topic Drum and Bass, I’m assuming you’re talking about spinning same. When it comes to such things, it could be a bit more complex than simply plopping your gear down at any spot and setting up shop. There are various areas that form in Back Rock City. Some of them are quieter places, like Hushville and others are not so quiet. There are limits to sound levels in most areas, and the really intense sound camps are all along the 10:00 and 2:00 radial streets with the speakers pointing out into deep and open playa. These places are where you’d probably find the most enjoyment in sharing your skills.

If you’d prefer to bring only your vinyl and find someone with the gear already set up, then you’ll probably want to watch the boards as the event gets closer… say early summer. There are always camps that post looking for people to be a part of the lineup they have to share. Keep an eye on the 2010 Art & Performance section of the forum. Keep a lookout for the “Stages Seeking Artistâ€
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

We are looking for Drummers for the Critical Tits Ritual

Postby Delfina » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Please look up Sacred Space Holders on FB to see what we are organizing and get in touch with me< Delfina, the Drummer Coordinatrix
YAY!
Delfina says, "YES!"
And the Universe replies, "YES!"
Delfina

Postby percussivepaul » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Go to the Art and Performance forum. There's a thread you can post this in, 'Artists Seeking Stages', and there are few people asking for performances in 'Stages Seeking Artists'.
percussivepaul

Return to Get Involved!