What you see is what you get - temporarily

Use this space for bug reports or to discuss site functionality and statistics.

What you see is what you get - temporarily

Postby Here and there » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Case in point: this post, on the Tribe thread. As I put the post in place, setting the color of the now easily visible periods to "transparent" worked, and I got fairly seamless formatting. Now, some hours later, what was transparent is now black, and what had looked good now looks terrible. I'd remove the periods, but of course, they didn't shift from being transparent to being boldly visible until after I could no longer edit my post.

Most frustrating and highly annoying. The system shouldn't be springing surprises on us like that. Would you please fix this, when you have time?
Here and there

Postby AntiM » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:20 pm

I have no clue what you're asking. Really. Dork? You know? And who is the appropriate "you"?
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Transparent is the new black.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Here and there » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:55 pm

AntiM wrote:And who is the appropriate "you"?

As this is the bug report section, "you" would be whoever it is that maintains this board, and fixes the bugs on it.
Here and there

Postby ygmir » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:23 pm

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby AntiM » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:23 pm

I was asking Dork, he's the super-mod.
AntiM

Postby AntiM » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:26 pm

I was asking Dork, he's far more on top of who is fixing glitches these days. I'm a lowly mod. I can delete your post, but somehow I don't think you'd be happy with that, hmmm?
AntiM

Postby ibdave » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

From you own website I quote....

"Hey

[info]reading_quietly
August 21st, 21:29

I'm just setting up. If you've run into me, before, I'm that "here and there" guy on ePlaya.

What I'm going to do with this journal: tell you more about whatever I'm talking about on ePlaya, art and weirdness. Happy weirdness. I know everybody is still talking about Paul Addis and yeah, that was as weird as all get out, but drama bores me. Let's stick with the art.

More later."

Works for most of us...... :roll: :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Here and there » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:14 pm

ibdave wrote:From you own website I quote....

but drama bores me. Let's stick with the art.

More later."

And the purpose of setting up a bug report board if one isn't supposed to report the presence of bugs would be... ?

Think I'm feeding the trolls. ibdave, ygmir ... goodbye.
Here and there

Postby ygmir » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:26 pm

IBDave:

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Here and there » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 pm

AntiM wrote:I was asking Dork, he's far more on top of who is fixing glitches these days. I'm a lowly mod. I can delete your post, but somehow I don't think you'd be happy with that, hmmm?

Go do whatever you want. There was nothing impolite or inappropriate about anything I wrote, and anybody who is without serious mental issues will see that. Even if you do delete this thread, because I've just screenshotted the whole thing, and saved a copies of it for my records - and for Flickr's.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

For good measure, I've copied all of the discussions in which I've posted, and will copy and screenshot the updated version of this ... whatever this is ... because we do have you on record, threatening to abuse your power as a moderator and start arbitrarily deleting material, unless I feed your ego.

That having been said, should one really have to go to this much trouble, just to file a bug report? Yes or no? Are there limits on what is considered acceptable behavior on the part of a moderator - because if this doesn't exceed them, what would?
Here and there

Postby ibdave » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:26 pm

ygmir wrote:IBDave:

snicker snicker........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Postby ibdave » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Here and there wrote:
ibdave wrote:From you own website I quote....

but drama bores me. Let's stick with the art.

More later."

And the purpose of setting up a bug report board if one isn't supposed to report the presence of bugs would be... ?

Think I'm feeding the trolls. ibdave, ygmir ... goodbye.

Hey, I'm a troll now... 1st time for everything I guess....

Now where's that old bridge that I'm suppose to live under.....

Ygmir, can you mapquest me where my Bridge is?? :idea: :idea: :idea:

erri2000, is this you trying to reinvent yourself??

ibdave

Postby gyre » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:24 am

I don't understand any of this at all.
gyre

Postby AntiM » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:02 am

For good measure, I've copied all of the discussions in which I've posted, and will copy and screenshot the updated version of this ... whatever this is ... because we do have you on record, threatening to abuse your power as a moderator and start arbitrarily deleting material, unless I feed your ego.

Wow. Excuse me? Abuse my power? I was joking.... someone takes themselves very seriously it seems. Screenshot away, I don't mind. I'm on record as fair and balanced as I can be on this very open board.

And for the record, I looked at your original post to try to discern the problem... and had no idea what you were talking about. I then called for Dork, standard procedure, he has more access than I do. "I can delete your post" was merely a description of what I am able to do. My error was in assuming you had a sense of humor and trying to be funny. I can delete posts, edit posts (and there's a record of that on the post if I do), and track IP addresses to report spammers.

may I suggest you get a feel for the online community before you launch accusations? At very least, try to open a dialog about how you perceived my remark?
AntiM

Postby AntiM » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:05 am

Since this thread is being captured, I will not delete the extraneous posts.

Oh, and FYI only, as I am not the only mod here, you should put all the others on notice also.

Thank you for your contribution.
AntiM

Re: What you see is what you get - temporarily

Postby gyre » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:12 am

Here and there wrote:Case in point: this post, on the Tribe thread. As I put the post in place, setting the color of the now easily visible periods to "transparent" worked, and I got fairly seamless formatting. Now, some hours later, what was transparent is now black, and what had looked good now looks terrible. I'd remove the periods, but of course, they didn't shift from being transparent to being boldly visible until after I could no longer edit my post.

Most frustrating and highly annoying. The system shouldn't be springing surprises on us like that. Would you please fix this, when you have time?

No one knows what you are talking about.
I see two images.

And tell me where you've been spending time that has better moderators.
I want to check it out.

Or have you been around another extreme?
That would explain your reaction.
There are mods in other places that lie, threaten and never answer questions except with links to the faqs that didn't answer the question in the first place.
It's like asking microsoft or yahoo a question.

Let's start with, what's your issue?
No one knows.
gyre

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:36 am

Perhaps here and there could "quote" his post and format it to how it was previously. Then we'd see some sort of before and after. Or two afters.

Or maybe the whole thing is so transparent as to be invisible.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:55 am

At last, context has triumphed over content.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby AntiM » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:28 am

Okay, at this point I would like to ask that we no longer clutter up this thread with extraneous comments. There's more than enough room in Open Discussion to move this on over. Although I must say I do like Fishy's suggestion... show us what the problem is so it can be more readily defined, identified and correctly addressed.
AntiM

Postby Here and there » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:59 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Perhaps here and there could "quote" his post and format it to how it was previously. Then we'd see some sort of before and after. Or two afters.

How about this - I'll post screenshots, and then embed the screenshots in some webspace I'll set up, for easier viewing. I'd embed them into an ePlaya post, but that would just stretch out the screen and make the discussion hard to follow. I suppose that I could embed over on Flickr, but then the screenshot gets squeezed and the text pixelates, when the "notsowide" tag is working.

I'm burning daylight, right now - and using a shared computer - so it will be a few hours, but I should have that up, tonight, and I'll link to it once I do. Cut and paste won't work, though, because the problem is one with how the system displays information, not one with how it stores it. When I went to quote my earlier post, the "color=transparent" code was still present, in the same square brackets as before.

AntiM wrote: "I can delete your post" was merely a description of what I am able to do. My error was in assuming you had a sense of humor and trying to be funny.

I do have a sense of humor, but let's remember what you wrote, AntiM.

AntiM wrote:I was asking Dork, he's far more on top of who is fixing glitches these days. I'm a lowly mod. I can delete your post, but somehow I don't think you'd be happy with that, hmmm?

Most people would read that, and find the tone of your message to be a threatening one, and I think that you know that.
Here and there

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Here and there wrote:

Most people would read that, and find the tone of your message to be a threatening one, and I think that you know that.

WTF? The tone was wry.
eta: self-deprecating, even.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby AntiM » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 pm

Here and there wrote:
AntiM wrote: "I can delete your post" was merely a description of what I am able to do. My error was in assuming you had a sense of humor and trying to be funny.

I do have a sense of humor, but let's remember what you wrote, AntiM.

Most people? Not anyone who has spent any amount of time on this board and knows my moderating style. No, I don't "know that" because it simply is not true. Apparently, you're reading tone into words on a screen, I would have thought you were too savvy for a rookie error such as that. But I feel you are not inclined to believe me, so I will stop defending my post. Honestly, you're reading more into this than there is.
AntiM

Postby Here and there » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:22 pm

AntiM wrote:Apparently, you're reading tone into words on a screen, I would have thought you were too savvy for a rookie error such as that.

A rookie mistake like knowing to read between the lines, when somebody posts? Riiiiigggghhhht.

AntiM wrote:But I feel you are not inclined to believe me, so I will stop defending my post.

That would be nice. Let's get this discussion back on topic.
Here and there

Postby AntiM » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 pm

:roll:
AntiM

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Hey Here and There....go suck on a Now and Later.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:30 pm

I pretty much wonder how *he's* going to follow this precept now:
If I see somebody being an asshole to anybody, anywhere, he's off my screen, permanently.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:45 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I pretty much wonder how *he's* going to follow this precept now:
If I see somebody being an asshole to anybody, anywhere, he's off my screen, permanently.

won't that create a worm hole, or black hole, or something Xeno may have postulated on?...........

I know he won't read this, being the ungrateful, snarky, unintelligent , meany weenie that I am, I got plonked first.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:56 pm

ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I pretty much wonder how *he's* going to follow this precept now:

won't that create a worm hole, or black hole, or something Xeno may have postulated on?...........

I know he won't read this, being the ungrateful, snarky, unintelligent , meany weenie that I am, I got plonked first.......

No, you are our Leader on the Glorious Road to Truth and Clarity!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:15 pm

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Next

Return to Site Function