How would one hook up to do a set on the radio station?

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

How would one hook up to do a set on the radio station?

Postby MRGUMBY » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:48 pm

I used to do broadcast radio and have a pretty diverse collection preserved in digital fashion.

I will be bringing much of this with me to BM and would like to share some of the clicks and pops with BRC.

I have seen nothing but techno on youtube and would like to pass on some of the older Vollenweider/Chip Davis/Asparas acoustic stuff along with some rather special Jam sessions that are my personal Bootlegs...including Jerry Garcia/John Popper/Eddie From Ohio/Atlanta Rythym Section...etc.

If you have some music to contribute and a good DJ voice...who do you talk to?
No matter where you go...there you are.
MRGUMBY

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:34 pm

...you would need to find a list of the assigned radio stations and their contacts....like here

http://www.k-svert.com/freqs/

then contact owners and see who would be willing to give you some time....

PS - I am running Radio Apokiliptika this year (99.9 FM) and might be able to give you some time...although our setup this year is minimal. You might have better luck with a more comprehensive station...
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer
dragonfly Jafe

Postby zerosomething » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:34 pm

doood! radio stations! wow ( not the call sign) thanks for the link.

I hooked up with BMIR to do a few stings for their PAS but I'd love to do some music too. Maybe I'll find you all when I get there ??

I'm hoping to bring my music lib on a laptop so maybe I can share. It's old techno industrial and rap. any way thanks.
it all starts at zero
zerosomething

Postby goodgodgreg » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:39 am

it's one of my dreams to help out and do some on air radio while i'm out there for burning man. I've been told I have a good voice for radio(or was it face?) either way I want to help. Let me do an hour or 2. Interviews! I love doing interviews. contact me. I can't wait.
goodgodgreg

Postby Stitch » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Try talking to Gary over at Radio Electra. It helps if you're a good looking young lady.
Stitch

Postby goodgodgreg » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:50 pm

damn a good looking lady i'm not, but it doesn't mean I wont be in a skirt haha. thanks for the help
goodgodgreg

Postby Homiesinheaven » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:07 pm

you have to sign up to be a BM volunteer and list "BMIR" as an interest. you can contact them here:

http://www.burningman.com/participate/bmir.html
Homiesinheaven

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Ill let Gary know about this thread...
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Rockstar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Stitch wrote:Try talking to Gary over at Radio Electra. It helps if you're a good looking young lady.

Got to love that lady Stitch firing the 44mag! She needs to head out west for a visit!

But Yeah we take on new DJ's each year. We want to talk or at least swap e-mail with them about what we do first though. The e-mail address on the Freq list is not correct. You can email us at electrafm@triconet.org.

www.radio-electra.org

G
Rockstar

Return to Get Involved!