All About Participating in the Pottie Project

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Postby ygmir » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:29 am

ygmir wrote:just don't cry
use 1 ply
in the room of blue,
don't ask why
just comply,
when you leave a poo........

the one ply dance,
is a happy dance.

just drop your pants,

and take the chance......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:36 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_en_ot/ ... ll_removed

in the great animal farm on the playa, cats use their own litter box...

A story..

we have a cat named grover, who thinks it's a dog...

he acts like a dog, walks like dog, eats like a dog, thinks like a dog, shits like a cat, and if pissed off will scratch your eyes out, daddy-o.

otherwise he's a dog...
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

plan C.

Postby H.G.Crosby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am

you better have one, pilgrim.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby unjonharley » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:41 am

our own Rob-A-Dob, server of the hovering masses.

give her a hand on her apointed rounds as she passes.

wash your hands... don't let her catch you blue handed
unjonharley

Re: poop-noobie here....

Postby robbidobbs » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:47 pm

brmannoob wrote:So, um is there any actual volunteering needing to be done, or do you have it all covered now?

(How about safe, sane and sober potties; and all-fucked up potties? You know people who care, and people who don't even know what there is to care about?)

Howdy Noob,
Thank you for asking. I live at Terminal City, at the butt-end, if you will. Feel free to try to find me and I'll gratefully take you out. It's a chill volunteer gig: you get fed, a t-shirt, and contribute to the community in a very important way.

See you on the playa.

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Dept of Over-Engineering

Postby robbidobbs » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Myliatronic wrote:only YOU can prevent seat poop! --please don't hover!

Most excellent Myliatronic!
You just got a sign.
Sometimes I just tickle myself.
13 years of doing the porta-potties wrong.
robbidobbs

Postby cunfuzelled » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 pm

so i have a 300 watt sterio system on my bike cart that i bring to the burn. i am always looking for creative ways to use my sterio an the go. maby i will sit by the portipotties this year with a microphone connected to my sterio and tell stories about how you should and should not use the potties. i could do interviews with burners about poop and about how to poop at burningman. that would be a great way to break the new people into the radical experiences they are about to experience

this should work
cunfuzelled

Postby Vertumnus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:34 am

Making a map of the city - wind, sun travel, streets, compass, .... to gift out

i'm looking for info locations of porto pottys for 2009 to include in the map

any leads

thanks in advance

V
Un altro mondo e' possible
Vertumnus

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:00 am

Hey robbidobbs,
I got my early entry!! My plan is to be on playa setting up my theme camp on Friday and to find you Friday evening to make a plan for the morning.

Motz.

Vertumnus, Check out the Moop Map. That will tell you where the potties are. They are in nearly the exact location each year. A bit of a gamble but I think you won't be too far off if you go with that.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Vertumnus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:09 am

i did search out the 2006 and 2007 moop map,

2007 doesn't show

and 2006 does not zoom in well to see...

links? to any rersourses please
Un altro mondo e' possible
Vertumnus

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:15 pm

V,
I found one but it looks harder to read than I imagined. The potty banks are marked as "Sauna" on the Moop Map. Nearly all of them are between C and D and H and I on every time street. There is a slight variation near center camp.

Good luck with your project.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_g7t3QzEXwy0/S ... urn+08.jpg

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby gyre » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:36 am

gyre

Postby gyre » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:00 am

gyre

Postby ygmir » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:53 am

one highlight of my burn was meeting the lovely and gracious Robbidobbs.........at the Booby Bar.......

we had a wonderful conversation, and, she inspired me to continue, as I did, with my ongoing "gift" of cleaning the JOTS I use, with a spray bottle of Lysol, when I use it......seat and door handle........so it's clean and fresh (surfaces anyway) for the next user.........
\
she said one of my poems had been printed and used on a JOT, but, I never did find it.....dang..........I was so proud to be published, though......

hats off and thanks, again, to Robbidobbs........for what she does.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Risky » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:15 am

Did you know to "robbidobb" is now a verb?
I "robbidobbed" that JOTS over there with eplayan haikus.

We love us some Robbidobbs!
And her volunteers rock!

(Someone pass Gonzo a cold beer.)

Damn! I love this movie!
Risky

Postby ygmir » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:30 am

wow, names as verbs.........

so, what would "Risky" be?.

hhmmm............

I riskied my......

well, no,

I went out and got riskied........

nawp

I'd like to risky you......

uh uh.......

hhhmm a dilemma for sure..........

were I stranded on a desert Isle with 6 other folks, saved only by the courage of the fearless crew...........

then, an answer might be at hand......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks Risky!

Yah Gonzo is awesome!!!!!

motskyroonmatick

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:04 am

Thank you all for another wonderful year.
Thank you Motsky for the help and chill company at your camp.
Thank you Risky for the toilet patches and being a terrific neighbor.
Thank you gyre and ygmir for your delightful signs and conversation in the bar. Golly thanks all around for your support and friendship.

It truly sucks to be this off-line. Once again I had to borrow a computer to get this out. And now, without further a-doo, here is the...

FINAL WIPE-UP 2009

Howdy Poopers!
Once again, it was a terrific year for shit, Campers.
USS did an outstanding job taking care of our most base of commodities. There were some brilliant changes this year in how they did their business. There remained some serious and persistent issues as well, but in my view – if USS guys are happy, then I’m happy.

This year once again the job of overseeing the digestive system of the Man was split. Steve-O handled the general population logistics while Mike handled RV servicing logistics and the “everything else.â€
robbidobbs

Postby oneeyeddick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Wow, that sure is a nice report you have there RobbiDobbs.

glad this year was a good year for ya, always a pleasure being so close to ya when ya camp with us.

My hose will always have fluids to soak yer head with........

It is so true
that without you
what would we do ?
our poo
wouldn't be so blue
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:54 am

I have a quandary:

what's the difference between two ply and folded one ply?
seems, a wad is a wad........

I know there's an engineering type here that can elucidate...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:45 am

ygmir wrote:I have a quandary:

what's the difference between two ply and folded one ply?
seems, a wad is a wad........

I know there's an engineering type here that can elucidate...........

I'm no engineer but here is the deal.

The one ply supplied by United Site Service is made of paper that readily breaks down once tossed in to the can. (It however does not break down if not unrolled first.) Rv style TP is basically the same and ok to use.

Two ply does not break down as well because the layers are joined together. Two ply toilet paper is more likely to contain cotton as it is a more upscale item. Cotton feels good on the ass but is the ENEMY of the on site separator. Cotton residue, trash and Baby Wipes plug up the separator.

I believe a broad assumption has been made that 2 ply contains cotton and hence the recommendation for only one ply in the potties.

What really dictates the need for easily broken down TP is the incredibly short time the paper has to stew before being sucked in to one of the service trucks and the the subsequent rapid processing and transport to the waste water treatment plant. In cities the collection system does allot of breaking down of solids. This aid to breakdown and processing is absent in BRC. Our effluent basically goes directly in to the head works at Trukee Meadows and has to be in tip top shape to not plug up their head works.

I'd go ahead and fold that one ply as much as you want. I know I do.

motskyroonmatick

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Robbidobbs, as I promised you on the phone today, I did go back and read the whole report. Thanks for the kind words for Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro (your home when you're "back home"). I will volunteer more newbs for you in '10. And likely with the usual mixed results.
Dr. Pyro

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby robbidobbs » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Howdy Campers,
I'm so ridiculously off-line still. I had to go to a BAR and drink (gasp) BEER to get this connection.

Somethings been bothering me since I left the Playa. I brought a wooden sculpture that had been made for me by our beloved Half Dome. This is a rough-cut wooden man about 3 feet tall. He's been coming with me out there since 2004. I had him in the Bar all week, guarding the door.

I forgot to bring him back this year.

If you know what I'm talking about, please let me know. If he has a good home, that's fine. If he got burned, that's fine too. I'd just like to get this resolved.

Thank you all for your continued support even though I'm not around so much.

Smooches all around
R.
robbidobbs

Postby robbidobbs » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Greetings Campers!
Once again I am forced...I say FORCED to drink beer at the local pub in order to get a wifi connection to bring you this missive.

The tickets are on sale and the re-compression has officially begun!
I don't know what you're doing, but I know what I'm doing.

The Department of Over-Engineering is hard at work putting together the materials list for this year's upgrade to the Pottie Project. This year's goal is to irradiate the poopulation with the good word of excremental correctness by installing a PA system on the Poop Mobile. I used the bullhorn to great effect, but it quickly became cumbersome. Gonzo has the big brain and kehones to re-wire my vehicle so that the masses will be inundated with my PSA's. Last year after-event I captured the attention of people packing up and successfully inspired many of them to donate to DPW Cleanup. This year we want to kick it up a notch and keep people informed about the essentials, in a well thought out, professional and considerate fashion. Ok, I'll mention baby-wipes on occasion. It continues to be a problem, and it's getting worse every year. I don't have any better ideas, but am open to suggestions.

And that's not all. Gonzo has officially signed up for re-writing the exterior signs so they will be extra-adhesive when you read them. Good Musician, give him a beer. If you have an idea for a sign of this style, it is 2 lines that rhyme. ex: If it wasn't in your BODY...don't put it in the POTTY.

Once again, I'll apologize to you all about how off-line I am. If you have ideas and schwag ideas that you want to contribute to this great Project, feel free to post them here. I WILL get them.

I am currently looking for a soft copy of the City that will eventually become The DOE's laminate. The concept is that on the front side it will give the participant's alias and address. and on the backside (so to speak) a map of the city in ABC/2:00 to 10:00 image. I'll buy the card stock cards, laminate pockets and lanyards so that the participant can wear them when they cruise around, get wasted, fall down, and have to be dragged to Medical by their ankles. This is considered by the sub-committee of DOE to be a safety issue, and it is something that I want to do. I appreciate any help you can give me. I just don't have the software to do this.

As for t-shirts, I have plenty this year. I am bringing back, by poopular demand the "Thank You for Giving a Shit" t-shirts. If you have one, you have several points in cool-ness. Gonzo also is bringing out the stencil of Trouble-shooting Man so that any surface can be tagged.
Last year we tagged (with permission) Ranger Igor's truck. We'll spray-paint your clothing, cars, tent, etc. You too can be that cool.

Of course I'm always looking for volunteers to assist with helping the Community have a positive excremental experience each and every time. So if you want to contribute to the Community in a very essential and empowering way, please PleAse PLEASE just find me at Terminal City. I appreciate any support my sovereign encampment can give to get wonderful people into my vehicle.

And Terminal Campers? I love lOvE LOVE you guys, and I hate being so isolated from you beautiful people. If you see shenanigans (stoopid people talking about hovering, etc) going on out in the web-world, just post a note here and I'll get the message. THE GOOD WORK CONTINUES. I truly appreciate your help keeping the message flowing..(I'm hugging your waist, but not in a sexual way). The work is up to us all.

Kisses all around!
RobbiDobbs
Chief Poopervisor of the Pottie Project
Volunteer Coordinator, Special Projects (Porta-potties)
robbidobbs

Postby robbidobbs » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Greetings Beautiful People of Black Rock City,
The good work continues. Gonzo Frothwood is , as we speak, creating glorious poo-ems for our beloved Temples of Excremeditation.

You...YOU are needed to keep the Project from becoming the horrible mastication of corporate horror that is wont in the Default World. The baby-wipes must stop!

Baby-wipes are made of cotton. They don't dissolve in the blue-schmoo. They must be raked out of the Separator manually and dumped into 30 yard containers and taken to the landfill. THIS IS NOT OK!

I realize that there are many of you that use personal potties, RV potties, and camp-supplied potties, but this issue is bigger than YOU!. This is about the EVENT!

Your art IS the Project. This is that important. We need to educate everyone about this issue. I'm sick to the teeth about well-thinking participants who believe this issue is resolved. IT'S NOT!.

The only reason the potties are as well-maintained as you've experienced them is a direct result of hard work. Do not ever forget this.

I need your help. If you do nothing else when you're out there...please talk to people about the issue. This is about awareness. With this, we are half-way there.

Thank you for participating,
RobbiDobbs
Chief Poopervisor of the Pottie-Project
robbidobbs

Postby pinemom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 am

YAY RobbiDobbs! welcome back to the surface!

p.s. we have Wood man, he's been hanging with us this yr....
He's been well taken care of....and fed only the best fertilizer....
NO BABYwipes for him!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:36 am

Roberta, you know you can count on the denizens of Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro (your personal island of solitude in the chaos of BRC) to try and help. We know the drill and you know our casa es tu casa.
Dr. Pyro

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby ygmir » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 am

yay Robbidobbs........I'll again be a random potty cleaner.......

hoping for the potty poetry page soon, so, we may begins submissions......
(handing straight line to Simon)
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby illy dilly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am

Robbidobbs, What kinda volunteering are you looking for? I'd like to help, but I don't want to get signed up for something to huge, then fail and let people down. So what sorts of help/volunteering do you need?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 am

Help putting up posters. Help taking them down at the end of the event. Help educating the queing masses.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

PreviousNext

Return to Get Involved!