Whose Brilliant Idea Was it to Poop in a Bucket @BM

All things outside of Burning Man.

Whose Brilliant Idea Was it to Poop in a Bucket @BM

Postby flatlander13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:33 pm

There was a woman at this years burn who lived at 3:45 and Biology who would not go to the Port-o-potties that were 100 yards away…….no; she had to poop and pee in a 5 gallon bucket……right out in front of her camp were we had to watch (come on…..you would too). I know this area was designated as a “theme campâ€
flatlander13

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:42 pm

I would have gone over and given her a freezer pop, just to watch her try to do three things at once.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:25 pm

everyone knows that you poop in a bucket so that you can fuck it
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby Artemis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Fire_Moose wrote:everyone knows that you poop in a bucket so that you can fuck it

fuck the poop or the bucket?
Artemis

Postby Karlene » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Here's a good one. This guy and girl came through our camp, nobody liked them, they were obnoxious. Anyway, they must have picked up the vibe because they got up to leave and the next thing we know she's giving him a blow job, right by our table while we were all having lunch. To each his own, but not during lunch....right?
Karlene

Postby Risky » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:42 pm

I think the rules change when it come to blow jobs.
I'm pretty sure it's anytime anyplace.
It could BE lunch.
Risky

Postby joel the ornery » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Risky wrote:I think the rules change when it come to blow jobs.
I'm pretty sure it's anytime anyplace.
It could BE lunch.

Bingo, not clown-o!
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby Karlene » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 pm

I guess so, but during lunch it wasn't exactly what anyone wanted to see.
Karlene

Postby Risky » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:59 pm

I sense some jealousy.
Risky

Postby Karlene » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:12 pm

Yeah, right.

Anyway, on to a lighter note, this was my 9th burn, you see, and I always come with my brother, my sister in law and our friends from the east coast who come every year. Well, my big thing out there is cooking, I love cooking in the big kitchen tent and feeding people who wander by and friends out there from prior burns. I've met a lot of guys out there over the years but never anyone interesting enough to become involved with in any way. Well this year, I met the most fantastic guy, it was love at first sight. I felt like I was hit with a metal pipe or run over by a truck. We had the BEST time together, and ended up in his tent out in walk in camping by the light of the full moon on Friday night. Now, my camp mates are all amazed at what a switch from my usual kind of buttoned up self. Out came the tutu's, the lingerie, the Cleopatra jewelry. I felt like a new woman. We talk on the phone several times each day, he's in Pennsylvania, I'm in California. I'm going to visit him in November.

I'm completely blown away by this, feel like a silly child and I LOVE being silly. It was my best burn ever and the most erotic night of my life. Just a happy Burn story for anybody else who's ever fallen in love on the playa......It IS possible.....
Karlene

Postby MikeVDS » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:20 pm

This thread has it all. Poop in buckets, blowjobs with lunch, clowns, and it all leads to love.
MikeVDS

Postby Risky » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:22 pm

Karlene - what a nice story. I love it! I'm getting a contact high from you.
Risky

Postby Artemis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:31 pm

YAY Karlene! Love the story.
Artemis

Postby Karlene » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Thank you for your kind words. It's an amazing occurrence for a woman who lives alone with three weiner dogs and LIKES it that way. Ahhhh.....love is just so fucking grand !!!!!!!
Karlene

Postby flatlander13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Good for you Karlene.........

Have you ever been to PA in November? I hope he lives in the nice part of PA............November in PA will be nasty................but then I don't believe you will even notice.......oh, ain't love grand.........

How is he with a bucket?
flatlander13

Postby Artemis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Moral of the story: If pooping in a bucket is possible on the playa, love is too and also visiting Pennsylvania in November. :-)
Artemis

Postby Risky » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:51 pm

And yes, gentlemen, blowjobs at lunch are possible too.
Risky

Postby Karlene » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:58 pm

I can't stop smiling, I'm smiling like an idiot all the time. I realize that this will never come to anything permanent, A couple of factors are in the way, but for now, I'm jumping in head first and come what may.....
Karlene

Postby Artemis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Karlene wrote:I can't stop smiling, I'm smiling like an idiot all the time. I realize that this will never come to anything permanent, A couple of factors are in the way, but for now, I'm jumping in head first and come what may.....

That's the spirit. Fuck thinking about where it will go or how you look smiling. From here your smile is GORGEOUS. Enjoy the ride.

Just don't jump in that bucket headfirst. :wink:
Artemis

Postby ygmir » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Risky wrote:And yes, gentlemen, blowjobs at lunch are possible too.

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Elorrum » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:15 pm

wtg Karlene.

Back to the bucket however. I don't get it. How come this isn't embarassing, or humiliating for the individual shitting in public? Was the fear of the porta pottie so strong, or the need for privacy so weak? Yes, Virginia, there really are different kinds of people aren't there? Fascinating. Combined with the cell phone, was this performance?
Elorrum

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Elorrum wrote:Back to the bucket however. I don't get it. How come this isn't embarassing, or humiliating for the individual shitting in public? Was the fear of the porta pottie so strong, or the need for privacy so weak? Yes, Virginia, there really are different kinds of people aren't there? Fascinating. Combined with the cell phone, was this performance?

I find it interesting that bodily functions of elimination are so taboo. I guess there is the survival factor of surviving better if you don't come in to contact with others bodily waste....Did people who naturally avoided even seeing other people eliminate survive so much better have it evolve in to people naturally being disgusted by others bodily functions? I don't know. For something we do so much it sure is a silenced subject.

My first year I was picking up moop and saw a similar thing. It was odd but part of the experience but I did note that the woman had remarkable aim.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Elorrum » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:29 pm

"I find it interesting that bodily functions of elimination are so taboo. I guess there is the survival factor of surviving better if you don't come in to contact with others bodily waste....Did people who naturally avoided even seeing other people eliminate survive so much better have it evolve in to people naturally being disgusted by others bodily functions? I don't know. For something we do so much it sure is a silenced subject."

Yeah, Motskyroonmatick, good points. Natural selection for a trait I think requires that trait to allow an individual to survive to procreate with greater success than one who does not possess the trait. Shame I think is a much much much more recent phenomenon, perhaps more of a subject for cultural evolution than biological. Most bodily functions have a taboo associated with them when there are excreted materials involved, yes? Why? I don't think hygiene accounts totally for that. It's been too long since I took anthropology... I bet Margaret Meade had an answer for you. probably based in religion, male female social politics... and then hygiene, how recent is that a development? ... people who shit in buckets didn't get as sick as those who shit in their caves?
Elorrum

Postby littleflower » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:29 pm

this year we had:

socially appropriate burp day (monday)
socially appropriate nose picking day (Tuesday)
socially appropriate fart day (wednesday)
socially appropriate queef day (thursday)
socially appropriate boner day (friday)
socially appropriate eat with your mouth open day (saturday)

why NOT a socially appropriate shit in public day?
littleflower

Postby Monkeypoo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Congrats Karine! Lovely story!

And now back to the poop bucket. What I am wondering is did
the girl (or anybody) in that camp empty the bucket each day?
or did they let it get all hot and putriud and smelly? Cuz that
would be really stinky gross for other burners to be walking by,
get a nasty whiff of a bucket of ammoniated pee and steamers.
*shudders*
Monkeypoo

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Elorrum wrote:"I find it interesting that bodily functions of elimination are so taboo. I guess there is the survival factor of surviving better if you don't come in to contact with others bodily waste....Did people who naturally avoided even seeing other people eliminate survive so much better have it evolve in to people naturally being disgusted by others bodily functions? I don't know. For something we do so much it sure is a silenced subject."

Yeah, Motskyroonmatick, good points. Natural selection for a trait I think requires that trait to allow an individual to survive to procreate with greater success than one who does not possess the trait. Shame I think is a much much much more recent phenomenon, perhaps more of a subject for cultural evolution than biological. Most bodily functions have a taboo associated with them when there are excreted materials involved, yes? Why? I don't think hygiene accounts totally for that. It's been too long since I took anthropology... I bet Margaret Meade had an answer for you. probably based in religion, male female social politics... and then hygiene, how recent is that a development? ... people who shit in buckets didn't get as sick as those who shit in their caves?

Yah I agree shame with bodily functions has to be a much more recent development... Development of society then yields societal norms...
I do think though over thousands of generations some habits and tendencies that allowed for better survival became more prevalent. Crapping outside of the cave is a prime example. I like it! I never studied Anthropology near enough. This kind of thing interests me. I enjoy thinking about the string of causality that have brought humans to this point and how survival of the fittest still rules but with a (apparently) much more complex set of influencing factors.
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Timezone LaFontaine » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:26 am

Karlene wrote:Here's a good one. This guy and girl came through our camp, nobody liked them, they were obnoxious. Anyway, they must have picked up the vibe because they got up to leave and the next thing we know she's giving him a blow job, right by our table while we were all having lunch. To each his own, but not during lunch....right?

Karlene, first of all, congrats on the new flame, it sounds thrilling and wonderful. But back to this. How long was this 'lunchjob' going on? And did the rest of you just awkwardly try to ignore it, make strained conversation, finish lunch quickly... what did you do? I'd like to think I'd chuck a sandwich at them, but maybe I'd just be too confused.
Timezone LaFontaine

Burning Since: 2006

Postby DoriumLux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:33 am

Elorrum wrote:"I find it interesting that bodily functions of elimination are so taboo. I guess there is the survival factor of surviving better if you don't come in to contact with others bodily waste....Did people who naturally avoided even seeing other people eliminate survive so much better have it evolve in to people naturally being disgusted by others bodily functions? I don't know. For something we do so much it sure is a silenced subject."

It's silly to assume that people shat in their living quaters. Many finds in the archeological record find that copperlites were not "deposited" near sleeping areas or places where people would eat even in the archaic era. Even in caves. The Aztecs even had very complex methods of shit recycling and removal. Let's all remember, shit smells and I'm pretty sure that shit being a bad smell probably crosses cultural bounds. However, whether or someone is embarrassed to alleviate themselves in front of other people is purely based on enculturation.
DoriumLux

Postby C.f.M. » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:06 am

1. That is hilarious. Sitting on her toilet, talking on her cell phone in plain view. Ha!

When I started going to festivals, we brought our own toilets. A nice set-up, too. Very nice to sit, book in hand, surrounded by nature (the scenery here in the Southeast being...oh, the antithesis of the desert) on a throne (we used those over-the-toilet chairs, made for seniors). We, however, built shelters around them of brightly coloured fabrics and such. And set it away from the main area.

5-gallon bucket, trash bags, kitty litter. No mess, no fuss. No getting dressed, putting on shoes, walking to wherever the toilets may be (if there's any to start with).

I still bring one, though I have a special lid for it, and keep it in my tent. It was for late night pees in the cold, or morning...constitutions. Now I have a pee funnel, though, so I think I might just skip it this time, see how I do.

I love the idea of pretending to talk, loudly, on a cell phone while I'm in there...

I was very pleasantly surprised with the level of cleanliness - and I never was in one without toilet paper!

I wasn't pleased with the lack of bathrooms on the open playa (or how difficult it was to find them, at night).

("I think they have blue blinking lights on them." I put my hands on her shoulders and turned her around. "Yes...now...find the one blue blinking light that is the toilet...")

Next year I'm running diaper camp. They're burnable, right?

ETA: Not that I think it should be cluttered with more loos, at all, it just was an issue almost every night, of having to leave whatever, wherever, and go off in hunt for a bathroom.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby littleflower » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:46 am

my sister has a jack russell terrier who is embarrassed to shit in public ....

he was so happy in the heavily forested dog-potties of his puppyhood in maryland, but when they moved to a very densely populated area of LA, he freaked. they had a terrible time getting him to go. he's mellowed somewhat, but still does not like to be watched.

my sister has read that this is not entirely unusual in certain dog breeds.
littleflower

Next

Return to Open Discussion