Burner Oral History Project

Burner Oral History Project

Postby terminaldreamer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi, guys! My name is Becca and some of you may have seen me wandering about the playa with my little voice recorder taking down the stories of fellow BRC citizens. I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who let me into their tents, domes, RV's and hearts so that I can get this project off the ground. This event has touched me deeply.

For those of you who I was unable to run into with recorder in hand I would like to extend the opportunity to contribute to my project. As you all know, it's very nearly impossible to describe what BM is to someone who hasn't actually experienced it, but I would like to try. That's where this project comes in handy.

Premise:
An effort on showing the rest of the world what Burning Man is and how it reaches out to touch not only the members of Black Rock City, but the communities in which Burners inhabit. This is a chance to share your stories, thoughts and experiences that are good, bad and everything inbetween.

What I am looking for:
- What drew you to Burning Man in the first place and what keeps you going? Or, conversely, if this year was your first and you will never go again, why?

- Moments that stopped you in your tracks and made you think.

- Has Burning Man changed you? How?

- How has the event changed over the years? Were there themes/burns that you liked better than this year, why?

And, above all, if there is anything that you would like to share that doesn't fit on the confines of the list above please feel free to do so. I plan on posting the stories up on my blog ( http://questingcupcakes.blogspot.com ) under an open commons to share with everybody as soon as I finish transferring them to my computer. Feel free to message me with any questions.

To contribute call: (317) 586-2568

Thanks, friends!
terminaldreamer

Return to 2009 Art & Performance