Funnily enough I was going to send you an old fashioned letter and then I remembered the Glastonbury Forum, er I mean EPlaya, and thought I'd drop you a line. But look at what I found...
"My friends who'd been going since 05 go just for the drugs and conversations in an interesting enviroment.. they literally make no effort to evolve their routine of..
Fill with booze,
Drive off Sunday and dump rubbish in Ihop bins on the way to Lake Tahoe."
I think that's sour grapes and grossly misrepresentative. I would be more than happy to debate the accuracy of these statements later (and other posts like the story of how u really met Sean & Scott - at least u weren't making it up when you said it was fortunate) but back to my original point...
A few lingering points from our conversation at the wedding, for which I apologise screwing up with my big mouth. There remain a few things that through the alcohol and dope that remain possibly unclearâ€¦
1) I feel you should acknowledge the way you treated me following my first foray to Burning Man in 2004. I sincerely believe that there was a negative shift in your behaviour towards me and that you increasingly denigrated me due to some misplaced fear or insecurity or feeling of failure to compete. Either that or you were playing some kind of game with one of the best things in my life. Take your pick.
2) I think you should also acknowledge the way in which you acted in 2007. Considering how well the previous three years went (accidental ODâ€™s notwithstanding) and how badly 2007 went, the largest single variable was your presence, and lack of it. It was a very difficult year and I feel that you did very little to make things easier and a lot to make things worse. If I offended you it was because you didnâ€™t appear to listen to anything I said. And it wasnâ€™t just me who had problems. Honestly. It was a nightmare and I got very, very angry. As I said, I donâ€™t think our relationship has progressed past that point.
3) I deserve a bit of credit for being constructive towards Upsie-Daisium in 2008 rather than destructive.
4) This is about you and me and Burning Man. Nothing else. I am no longer angry with you but I think that difficult questions remain for you to answer, if not to me then for yourself. And I mean more than just saying that youâ€™re an idiot and thatâ€™s the way you are.
5) I donâ€™t expect you to do anything about this letter - should I even send it - but I need to move on from this crap and letting you know what my problems are/were is important to me in that respect. As I always said, the playa is a bad place for baggage and we had plenty by the time we got there.
As for that page in my Burning Man book (and I really have no idea what the problem is for you with that btw), it will remain empty as a metaphor or something. That is unless you want to put something there. Either way, it's up to you.