Burning Man domestic terrorist on the loose:

Burning Man domestic terrorist on the loose:

Postby timeless » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am

Paul Addis has been freed just before the '09 festival. This is the chump who burned The Man early in '07; suspected of having a hand in the attack that same year on Timeless' installation "Liberty Empowering the World...Again". Addis claims to be leader of a playa domestic terror group: Black Rock Intelligence.

http://laughingsquid.com/paul-addis-gra ... rning-man/

Currently seeking volunteers to preform sentry duty at a new Timeless '09 Installation: "Liberty (R)evolution" (see previous posts by Timeless)

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQemJ ... BkbQ&hl=en
timeless

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:27 am

I'm with the commenter who said give him a free ticket and a pack of matches.

Plus, he's kinda cute.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby timeless » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:32 am

Well, being on the other end of the torch I don't think he's very cute, although I am starting to share his gripe with Borg (The new Man...) I can't go along with his method...lmk when you have your art, equipment and passion smeared by the man. I wonder if you will still think he is cute. Have you ever preformed an art installation?
timeless

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:36 am

timeless wrote:Well, being on the other end of the torch I don't think he's very cute, although I am starting to share his gripe with Borg (The new Man...) I can't go along with his method...lmk when you have your art, equipment and passion smeared by the man. I wonder if you will still think he is cute. Have you ever preformed an art installation?

Designed them, built them, preformed and performed them.
C.f.M.

Postby timeless » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 am

Ever had your art and livelihood taken out by a nut? I'm just an artist; not a punk with a gripe made famous by a sick media...and cheered on by misguided supporters. Art or Arson? I say it's arson, plain and simple...
timeless

Re: Burning Man domestic terrorist on the loose:

Postby Stickygreen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 am

timeless wrote:; suspected of having a hand in the attack that same year on Timeless' installation "Liberty Empowering the World...Again".

that is some pretty serous accusation there? care to share your information behind that?

if true, this is all together different than burning the man.
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:23 am

Man, is this one of those serious threads?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

burn the tower not the man

Postby veleda » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:11 am

What we need is someone to destroy the new cell phone tower not burn the man.
veleda

Re: burn the tower not the man

Postby ygmir » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:53 am

veleda wrote:What we need is someone to destroy the new cell phone tower not burn the man.

yes, please destroy everything you don't agree with or like............who cares if someone else might.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 am

ygmir wrote:
veleda wrote:What we need is someone to destroy the new cell phone tower not burn the man.

yes, please destroy everything you don't agree with or like............who cares if someone else might.........

I keep it easy, destroying my liver, foul, FOUL organ! Working on my soul...
C.f.M.

more than meets the eye....

Postby Eventfarm » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:26 pm

When I first heard about this, I too thought that 4 years was too much for burning the man early. However, a tiny bit of research indicates that he did need to get off the streets:

- carrying explosives with an intent to detonate
- threats of murder
- pulling guns on people

He's a disturbed man...
http://www.sfweekly.com/2007-11-14/news ... s-arrests/
Eventfarm

Burning Since: 2010

Postby ygmir » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:26 pm

C.f.M. wrote:
ygmir wrote:

I keep it easy, destroying my liver, foul, FOUL organ! Working on my soul...

by destroying a fowl organ, do you intend to put ducks in the Vienna boys choir......

(yikes that's taking a humor risk)
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:55 pm

If you care about your non-burnable art, then post guards 24/7. It's a vigil, a performance piece.

What is liberty without armed guards?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:16 pm

I work with people who say "vye-inna."
C.f.M.

Postby timeless » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Stickygreen, thanks for asking.

You can check out my last post b4 this'n, that's as much as I should say for now. I'd welcome any information from anyone regarding, if you think it could help. I can share some details with you over a phone chat sometime if you'd like. Jus send me an email and I can give you my number. I have no real problem with paul expressing his message but I do differ from his method and I can never say for sure who dun it...just yet, but I do have concerns. Maybe i'm just a bit torch weary just yet...

The Black Rock Intel stuff is well documented in the press and my email chain is clear enough to be concerned.

domestic terrorism? Guess that depends on which end of the torch you are on...Two pivotal cultural symbols in one show (Green Man). Hmmm...
timeless

Arson is no more performance art than rape is a prizefight

Postby andy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm honestly more disgusted by the people who support Paul Addis than by the actions of this one deranged individual. Regardless of how you feel about BM or the BMO, there is no justification for screwing with thousands of people's investment in time and money to attend because you have some political point to make or some "performance art" to perform.

What Addis did was vandalism - but not to the Man - rather to the people who bought tickets, took vacation time, drove for hours, etc, in part to see the burn. Fortunately a small army of volunteers gave of their very limited time and rebuilt the man at least partly to limit the damage to these people.

This man is dangerous. He pled guilty to trying to burn down one of San Francisco's most famous churches, Grace Cathedral. Having failed to burn down the Man (since it was rebuilt) and the church, I genuinely worry what his next "performance art" will be.
andy

Postby timeless » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Spot on, Andy. No attack this time on the playa, but we live in a time when punks are given attention by the media and this has already gone off the playa. Laughing Squid publishes links to all of his babble from the SF Chronicle to the New York Times...Guilty, all of them, and they will be responsible for others like him, though nobody will report on their part in this. He is an avowed anarchist, protected by his American rights, but is forced anarchy the public will? Ask Paul...he's on the loose again and he has some sick followers. Warnings, people, warnings...
timeless

Return to 2009 Art & Performance