Nautilus X

Nautilus X

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:42 am

Ahoy Burners!
The Nautilus X will be returning to the playa this year with our 6th voyage out to the burn. The Nauty is a refurbished fully functional 60' MAN coach that operated along the 38 Geary line for 18 years in San Francisco. She was the last one of the MAN series retired from MUNI's articulated fleet in 2002. She has been reborn as a deep desert exploration submarine entertaining while safely touring the playa art.

We are seeking Bands, DJ's, and Musicians that are confirmed to go to Burning Man this year and would be interested in performing onboard. We will venture out with nightly tours of the art with a constant flow of new BRC guests.

All performances are from the "Warped Core" which is the according central round section in the middle of the vehicle. We can accommodate DJ's and bands with up to 4-5 members.

We have a new sound system with internal speakers and a vinyl table set up with the option for plug input for other sources.

If interested please contact the Nauty Cruise Director at renabella@hotmail.com or nautilusxproject@gmail.com

Thank you for your interest and see you all back home out on the playa!
Next stop Black Rock City!
Mobilis In Mobili
Captain Nemo
CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX

Swashbuckler Night Sailin' Aboard th' Nautilus X

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:25 am

Arg ye scally wags!
We be havin' seafarin' hearty night on Friday sailing the Nautilus X on the playan sea. Come aboard an' sail under th' jolly roger. Sea dogs welcome ye needin to be dressin to blunder the playa for fortunes untold. and ravage the innocent virgins with intention t' inscribe uh persuade them t' buccaneer way of life. Gentleman o' fortunes be welcome from all se'en seas. Ladies come aboard wi' ye man or woman or come armed t' fend fer yer honor. We sail till tide break and th' sunrise.
Beware any mutineeris intentions will face th' plank an' keel hauling till shark bait.
argh
Ya swabbies!
Captain Nemo
NautilusXProject@gmail.com

Postby neXXtro » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:34 pm

Ahoy to the whole crew....
glad to know you'll be kicking up the dust again...

nexxtro
neXXtro

Postby Thecatman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Where will you be parkin the ol girl? I don't recall seeing anything like that at past events and I sure would hate to miss seeing it this year.
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:30 am

We are camping with DisOrient this year. Listen for the ping and find us roaming the playen sea. All are welcome aboard.

Postby Stickygreen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:52 am

i loved my visit with the submarine last summer, glad to hear the sets sail again!
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Pirate-ization - to makes ones self appear, act, talk, and carry on as a buccaneer pirate. This years Friday night before the burn we are welcoming all Pirate-zed burners that want to voyage under the Jolly Roger. Listen for the ping and come correct.

New Nauty Sounds

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:47 am

We finally upgraded the sound system on the Nautilus this year. We add two new Mackies and a new 18â€

Postby soupman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:12 pm

YES!

My dear friend I believe I will be aurally commandeering your vessel along with my friend/roomie Duke Tuesday night/Wednesday morning from Midnight to Sunrise... can't wait to take a night-time tour across the playa! :D
soupman

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:15 am

Righteous cant wait to hear both of you spin us till daybreak!

Postby soupman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:33 am

YYYARRRRRRRGGHHH!

Actually now we're playing Wednesday night/Thursday morning. still can't wait, this year is gonna be ridiculous. :D Thanks for having us!
soupman

Ahoy

Postby infinight » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:50 pm

I will be playing your fine vessel on thursday night! 9pm-2am @ least!
infinight

Postby djmisshaze » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 pm

i will be playing sum nauty beats on thursday 2am to 5am !!!! so excited for this :D
djmisshaze

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Righteous we are def looking forward to having you all on board!! The new system needs some playa tuning to break it in. Tonight we finished up the wiring for the new speakers so everything is cleaned up and groovy in the warped core. Also repaired the underside belly so much less dust will be getting inside. FYI the mixer we have is a Behringer DDM 4000 in case any of you are familiar with its operation.

ARGGGHHH

Postby infinight » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:57 am

Lovely! Me and me hearties will find u at disorient!
infinight

Postby soupman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 pm

NEEEEEEEMMOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Holy shit my friend, you guys are fucking awesome. :) Wednesday night was the highlight of my week, and you, Noodle, Hyena and the rest of the crew are fucking epic. THANK YOU! :twisted:
soupman

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:55 pm

How about a pic ??

I prolly saw it ut there were several "sub" looking MVs out there that could have been it........
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

BM09 Voyage Recap

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:56 am

Since I have been asked several times, yes the Nautilus did indeed take a uh "short rest" just outside of the gate this year after exodus. She partied all week long and I guess just couldn't bare to leave the playa. We were able to successfully get her started the next morning (Tuesday) and finish our voyage without further incident. And yes we had even more fun taking her to the burn this year and she "rested" several times on the way there, most notably on 1-80 twice. The most remarkable moment I had was driving to the burn and her last "rest" that day 1 mile from the summit and a very large tow truck dragged us up the remaining mile using this impossibly small tow chain. We have video and I still get the shakes watching it, but what a story we have to tell. LOL This years burn was fantastic we gave many many art tours! We will bring the Nauty X to SF Decom Oct. 11th, so if you make it please stop by and say hello and dance a few songs.

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:42 pm

I guess this means you don't have a pic to share, then ?

I prolly have it on video, but it's not like everyone is driving around out there with a big nametag on thier MVs or sumpin' .
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby vargaso » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Ah, I've seen that out there many a time, haven't had a chance to come aboard yet. Maybe next year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyyris/2828173169/
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks Vargaso, yeah.... that's all over out there, But I never suspected it was suppoed to be a sub.
oneeyeddick

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:15 am

It is suppose to appear as a steampunk submarine from the 19th century instead of a 1984 MAN SF MUNI coach. Depending on the state of the guests minds that have ridden aboard it has become a submarine, starship, bus, taxi (not my favorite), dance floor, lounge, rest spot, occasional um sexual fun zone (again not the most favorite since we strive to be PG maybe R rated but NC-17 has its times and if the couple is hot enough, it is BM after all). So yeah it's original Floating World theme was a Jules Verne inspired submarine. The constant ping sound is another element from that year. Other elements have been added over the years. Always staying street legal.

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:43 am

I recognized the ping, only heard it once this year though, and I drove by that at least 20-25 times this year.
oneeyeddick

Postby dr.placebo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:23 pm

I still have not managed to ride it, but it's one cool submarine.

dr.placebo

Nautilus X SF Decompression Heat the Street FaIRE

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:25 am

It's official the Nautilus X will be at the SF Decompression Heat the Street FaIRE Oct. 11 Noon to 10pm.

http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity ... m2009.html

Postby steveboy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:17 am

All 5.5 hours of my Friday-night set on board the Nautilus X at this year's Burning Man are online in four parts. (Part 4 will be up the afternoon of Oct. 3.)

You can download them directly from my website, or go to iTunes music podcasts and search under Groovelectric.

Mad props to Nemo and the crew for their graciousness and hard work. God bless the Nautie and all who sail in her. :)
steveboy

Nautilus X rocked the SF Decompression Heat the Street FaIRE

Postby CaptainNemoOfTheNautilusX » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:34 am

SF Decom 2009 was one of the best Decoms we have ever attended!
Finally everything on board was dialed and it rocked!
Thank you to all of the Performers and DJ's; Damien Jones, DJ Vordo, FireFingers, Hobbs, Jefe, Caroluna, DJ Shill, Mr. Lucky, DJ Hudson Soules, & Blair! The Nauty was bouncing (literally) all day and night long.
Thank you for all your efforts and support and to all who attended and enjoyed themselves!

Postby Stickygreen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:54 am

thanks for coming out to decom, it was a pleasure to ride the bouncy bus one more time!

she rawked!
)'(
Stickygreen

Return to 2009 Art & Performance