Root society? Opulent Temple? Thunder Dome?

Postby sktELEMENT » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Dome Sweet Dome!
Infect Me
sktELEMENT

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:26 pm

breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Oldguy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 pm

1916 Cooper Branch Public Library Camden, NJ - Dated Buildings = ?, maybe location of something, or significant date

MMX = 2010, yeah, next year, I got that one.

Last year of Shuttle Launches = 2009, end of first stage of manned space exploration

Hubble Telescope repaired for last time = 2009, end of first stage of unmanned space exploration

Three dogs with one holding key, like Pirates of Carribean Disney Ride = ? maybe last year of movie trilogy, or also symbol of jail like spider web on the elbow, or personal talisman

Next year was better= ok, '10 better then '09 or '09 worse than '10

Expectations negated, possibilities are open.

Am I overthinking the symbolism? yeah, probably...I wonder what lies behind the obvious... It's just a picture.
Image current moon

"Opportunity is missed by most people
because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas Alva Edison
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Dogpatch

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:11 pm

1916 Cooper Branch Public Library Camden, NJ - Dated Buildings = ?

nope, guess again...

you must be a brown man, not a green one.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby Oldguy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:49 pm

nope, I'm a grey man slowly turning to dust. Not copper or a cooper. Also red, my grandparents were Texicans. Natchedoches and Austin emigrants during Dust Bowl, greatgrandmother Rena Cody, Quapa fullblood. My parents were Oakies and Arkies to California labor camps, like the fictional Juds of "the Grapes of Wrath".
Image current moon

-Thomas Alva Edison
Oldguy

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:21 am

Oldguy wrote:Three dogs with one holding key, like Pirates of Carribean Disney Ride = ? maybe last year of movie trilogy, or also symbol of jail like spider web on the elbow, or personal talisman
Try Cerebus.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:23 am

Oldguy wrote:the fictional Juds of "the Grapes of Wrath".

ITYM Joads.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Oldguy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Cerberus is one of the offspring of Typhoeus and Echidna. It is a three headed dog with a snake tail and snake heads proturding from his back. He guards the entrance to the underworld, allowing the dead to enter but, never to leave. One of the few living mortals to get past Cerberus was Orpheus who charmed it to sleep with his song during his attempt to rescue Eurydice from death. Fetching Cerberus from the underworld and displaying him to King Eurystheus was the last labor of Heracles .

Joad not Jud, close but no cigar. Thank you for the clarification.

The guy jacking up the sadistic railroad bull would be a Joad, not a Jud. I shall never forget. The Judds have the jugs, and Jody has my girl.
Image current moon

-Thomas Alva Edison
Oldguy

Postby Finnegan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 pm

Fetching Cerberus from the underworld and displaying him to King Eurystheus was the last labor of Heracles .

Man, you are old, aren't you? Good memory, though.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby MozyBonz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:17 pm

MCMXVI - Massachusetts Institute of Technology

The class shank centers around the Great Dome, an MIT icon and the location of our graduation. It is a true representation of the dome with its ten columns and the year that the Institute moved to its Cambridge campus, MCMXVI.

The mythical three-headed guard dog, Kerberos, sits beneath the Great Dome, guarding the gates to what some of us like to call “hell.â€
MozyBonz

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:47 pm

mozy wins, by a landslide.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby Finnegan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:11 pm

lucky guess
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:15 am

I am the Walrus!

koo-koo-ka choo!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-457pYItC8[/youtube]

show's over folks......see y'all in the dust!

simon.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby ygmir » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:35 am

Miss Edie said you were the "egg man":

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Disco NEVER died....it was just Genetically Modified.

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 pm

one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:50 am

special thanks to Big Blue Doggy for the Inspiration....

the Lyrics to song are dead on...

frighteningly so.

kinda creepy, actually.

like me.

here is the web site to check them out, as well as the original image which i blatantly absconded.

lovingly absconded.

http://www.kevingilbert.com/Albums_And_ ... _Orgy.html
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:11 am

initiates and acolytes your time is running short.

contact the mainframe now.

NEO@ROOT SOCIETY-Chapter 34:2009 - GI Syndrome(greed and irresponsibility)wiped out mankind except for a glowing group of survivors on the desert grid. Drawn by the powerful BIG DOMES Force-NEO@ROOT SOCIETY promises truth in the future beats of our emerging civilization. Something large is looming!
Hometown: Charlestown, MA
URL: http://myspace.com/rootsociety
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby drucake » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:19 pm

does anyone know why these camps wont be with us in 09? is it money? just not feelin it anymore? some of these camps have been such a big part of bm. its a shame they are not going to be there this year. anyone know whats going on here?
drucake

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:24 pm

obviously you dont....thats for damn sure....

read the thread in it's entirety before commenting....this is your first and only warning, pilgrim.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby drucake » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:55 pm

sorry, thanks for being gentle with me. it wont happen again. :oops:
drucake

Postby H.G.Crosby » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:02 pm

And such a well-mannered young man....

very good, very good indeed...

i think i'll like it here.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby H.G.Crosby » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:39 pm

i left my Harp, in sam's the clam's disco...

GO!

The Show - 14 hours of non stop music madness!

Party - Night of Mayhem

Start Time:
Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 10:00pm
End Time:
Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 12:00pm
Street:
401 Sixth Street
City/Town:
San Francisco, CA

Email:
nic@nicolepresents.com
Description
SATURDAY, JULY 18th – SUNDAY, JULY 19th
10pm Sat - noon Sun

Sense SF, Nicole Presents & The Endup bring you a camp fundraiser for the always epic OPULENT TEMPLE

with special guest
LEE COOMBS
(lot 49, leecoombs.com, uk)

+opulent temple residents+
Syd Gris • Dutch • Dex Stakker • Drew Drop • Dulce Vita • ICON • Billy Seal • Jaime Lin • Billy Casazza

+show residents+
Ben Seagren & Dean Samaras
(endup, senseSf.com, myspace.com/senserecords)

PLEASE ARRIVE BEFORE 2AM TO ENSURE THAT YOUR $15 DONATION GOES TO OPULENT TEMPLE

End Up
401 6th Street
San Francisco, CA

Lee Coombs Bio:
Bending boundaries and ignoring the status quo – where would the Breakbeat scene be today without Lee Coombs. For over a decade this British producer has been at the forefront of it all; releasing groundbreaking mix CDs, remixing the world’s most acclaimed artists and knocking out dancefloor destroying productions that are considered classics years after their release.

A seasoned veteran, Coombs first hit the DJ slopes in 1989, bathing himself in the acid house scene at parties around London and Cambridge. Crucial in shaping his all-encompassing approach to DJing and production, this boundary-less approach would become Coombs’ trademark, mixing up breaks, house, electro, techno and acid with dexterous assurance.

When he is not in the producers chair, Coombs regularly tours all corners of the globe and is a bona-fide fans favourite throughout Europe, the USA, Australia, Asia and of course the UK. His popularity has also ensured his repeat appearance at infamous festival ‘The Burning Man’ in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada.

In an industry that’s so often governed by trends and fads, Coombs’ unwavering ability to simultaneously destroy dancefloors and push musical boundaries almost 20 years since he first touched a pair of turntables is a remarkable achievement in itself. With plans to further spread his production wings to writing music for film and TV, as well as producing bands, there’s little doubt that his impressive sonic skills will be rocking ears for many years to come.

Opulent Temple Vision :: 2009
For the unexposed, the Opulent Temple started as a Large Scale Art & Music theme camp at the annual Burning Man arts festival that takes place in the Black Rock desert of Nevada the week before Labor Day. We throw nightly parties showcasing underground, world class electronic dance music in a setting of art and creation we've made ourselves. Our community and fund raising events are based in San Francisco, and though our production is associated with the BM event, we will be taking it to other settings.

The Vision of the Opulent Temple is to gift a space for sacred dance to world class dance music. It is our intention to create the space for peak experience, community development, and inspiration that serves as a road map for what's possible in the so called 'default world.' The effort is self generated by the tribe, ie., no one gets paid to create our production. On the contrary, key members put a lot of their own time, effort, and sometimes money all year around to to bring it back every year.

It's not just about partying.
It is our view social change will not happen without the individual elevation of our collective spiritual center of gravity. Thus, it is our responsibility to nudge our own evolution to catch up with the outpaced growth of technology without the soul getting left behind. It's within this community of creative seekers that coalesces around the playa tribes that leaders must emerge to help steer this nation and this world towards a better day.

To create a space for Sacred Dance is to create a playground for connection with the Eternal, but in our case, still infused with the need for social action in the real world. Big beats and community are the launching point for insight to remind us there is a point to evolution. Transcendence, and nothing less. It might sound like hippy New Age shit, but in this case that doesn't mean it isn't true...

The Musical Vision:
We're obviously firm believers in the beat, the transcending properties of mind blowing electronic dance music (EDM), both to open the heart and make the ass shake depending on one's preference and the moment. We value diversity in the range of world class artists that play our camp, as well as the camp dj's who build it so get to play what they feel. Most nights are fairly cohesive unto themselves, but day to day it can be all over the place. Our past line ups speak for themselves.

We'll see you in the sweet spot, under the stars...

The Show is one of the Bay Area's best monthly underground events, providing you with those dirty, nasty, funky beats that keep you on the dance floor all night. Every third Sunday, we showcase the heroes of the underground scene that bring us the newest sounds. In the evening, we showcase breakbeats, electro, hip hop hybrids, hyphy, glitch, acid bass, and dubstep. In the mornings we feature house, tech house and progressive house beats.

Our past guests include: Hipp-e & Halo of H Foundation, Mephisto Odyssey, The Space Cowboys, Nick Thayer, David Starfire, An-ten-nae, DJ Laura, Smoove, Mancub, Laird, S.I.M.O., all the Opulent Temple DJs, Hookerz & Blow, Fred Funk, Ernie Trevino, Michele Bass, Aaron Jae, Murphstar, Simon Littlewood, Motion Potion & The Fringe DJs M3, Solar, Galen, Anthony, Dory Kim, Patricio, DJ Icon, Eric Sharp, Rooz, Manny Ward, Vahid, Russell Vargas, Mikey Tello, Dawn of Sound, Adnan Sharif, Steve Prior, Layne Loomis, Chuck n' Roll, Paul Guido, DJ Antares, Seven, Keith Deckard, Sleazmore, George Cochrane, J-Bird, Jason Greer, Sol, Sunwoo, Gordie, Greg Eversoul, DJ B, Jared F and many more.
H.G.Crosby

Postby Finnegan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:23 pm

The Vision of the Opulent Temple is to gift a space for sacred dance to world class dance music. It is our intention to create the space for peak experience, community development, and inspiration that serves as a road map for what's possible in the so called 'default world.' The effort is self generated by the tribe, ie., no one gets paid to create our production. On the contrary, key members put a lot of their own time, effort, and sometimes money all year around to to bring it back every year.

It's not just about partying.
It is our view social change will not happen without the individual elevation of our collective spiritual center of gravity. Thus, it is our responsibility to nudge our own evolution to catch up with the outpaced growth of technology without the soul getting left behind. It's within this community of creative seekers that coalesces around the playa tribes that leaders must emerge to help steer this nation and this world towards a better day.

To create a space for Sacred Dance is to create a playground for connection with the Eternal, but in our case, still infused with the need for social action in the real world. Big beats and community are the launching point for insight to remind us there is a point to evolution. Transcendence, and nothing less. It might sound like hippy New Age shit, but in this case that doesn't mean it isn't true...

Two please.
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby H.G.Crosby » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:35 pm

i love it when people say please.

i dont know any more info about tickets except for link.

i do know it'll be a head jerkin', bubble bouncing, asses a shakin', hum-dinger though.....my future self talked to some of my friends future selves and they said it was the bees knees.

hell, it's only stupid pieces of one ply......give it to those who give a shit.
H.G.Crosby

Postby H.G.Crosby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:13 am

good morning e-playa.

H.G.Crosby

Postby ygmir » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:46 am

H.G.Crosby wrote:good morning e-playa.

seldome am I so moved by a photo, but, that brings a little tear of rememberance......thanks for that pic H.G.............

and also a giggle watching two inebriated folks trying to write their names in piss on the side of one of the teepees.....a guy and gal.....the gyrations were intoxicating in themselves..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby H.G.Crosby » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 am

the word of the day is "ART"......you know what to do when you hear it or see it....

gonna be an awful lot of screaming, because "It" is everywhere, in everything.

H.G.Crosby

Postby dj_john69 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Great pic
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Postby littleflower » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:48 pm

ygmir wrote:

seldome am I so moved by a photo, but, that brings a little tear of rememberance......thanks for that pic H.G.............

and also a giggle watching two inebriated folks trying to write their names in piss on the side of one of the teepees.....a guy and gal.....the gyrations were intoxicating in themselves..........

i can imagine the guy ... but how was the gal doing it? on the side of a teepee?????
littleflower

Postby Absolut Jeenyus » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:22 pm

ygmir wrote:

Dont cry. Its will be ok. :cry:
-AJ )'(
Absolut Jeenyus

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 Theme Camps