Reno we need Room to build an ART CAR

Postby d6 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:47 pm

we've got the cold unfeeling robot thing covered
your witty rejoinder just flew over my head.....

no trust fund getting supply buying self-reliant non-bankrolled questionable artistic contributor sacrificing electronics at will build it destroy it clean it haul it financially uninterested uber-bot
d6

Postby gyre » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Hey, I met that robot!

Electric fences- ground them out with conductive material.

Air horns, acoustic horns, etc- polyurethane foam as close to the base as possible.
TouchNFoam is poly.
Other types are softer.
Works with exhaust systems too.
Form a plug, then push through it and the foam expands forward.

Should I keep going?

An emf pulse generator can be...
gyre

Postby ygmir » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:17 pm

gyre wrote:Hey, I met that robot!

Electric fences- ground them out with conductive material.

Air horns, acoustic horns, etc- polyurethane foam as close to the base as possible.
TouchNFoam is poly.
Other types are softer.
Works with exhaust systems too.
Form a plug, then push through it and the foam expands forward.

Should I keep going?

An emf pulse generator can be...

"elecro magnetic fart"?..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby EspressoDude » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:48 pm

One of the better forms of ElectroMotive Force generator, aka EMP ElectroMagnetic Pulse is the atomic bomb.......

who's bringing THAT to the table/playa ??

certainly will stop the discussion and snarking
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby Oldguy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:12 pm

http://www.ncjrs.org/txtfiles/sl298.txt

Weaponized EMF Generators are in use by national and state agencies since 1998, just sayin'. Less-than-lethal use on personell and higher energy vehicle stoppers that kill electronics and wiring...CIA uses them to take down aircraft...

___________________________________-
The Active Denial System (ADS) provides a new non-lethal capability helping to fill the gap between the ’shout’ and ’shoot’ alternatives faced by our troops. It provides numerous advantages over existing non-lethal weapons, such as extended range and extremely small risk of injury, and it has the potential to provide a tremendous new capability for U.S. forces in support of today’s complex missions.

The Active Denial Technology hardware demonstrator (ADS System 0) represented the first integration of the key technology elements such as the millimeter wave source, cooling system, and antenna, among other things. In 2001, ADS System 0 successfully demonstrated that the technology could achieve desired effects at distances beyond small arms range, and set the stage for the next evolution of the technology, ADS System 1.
In 2002, the ADS was designated an Advanced Concept Technology Demonstration, a formal Department of Defense process to rapidly move mature technologies into the hands of the warfighter for military evaluation. During the ACTD, ADS was integrated and packaged into a mobile configuration. The platform chosen for ADS System 1 was the High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV).

The final phase of the ACTD, the Extended User Evaluation (EUE), concluded in September 2007. The EUE resulted in improvements in procedures and training of System 1. A more militarized version of ADS, known as System 2, was also developed under the ACTD. System 2 is the containerized version of the ADS that is transportable via a tactical vehicle.

Beginning in fiscal year 2008, under the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate sponsorship, the Air Force Air Armament Center, Eglin Air force Base, Fla., is leading a joint effort to bridge the transition from an ACTD to the establishment of a formal program of record.

IMHO- If the grunts have them now, the spooks have had them for a decade, or longer...
Image current moon

"Opportunity is missed by most people
because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas Alva Edison
Oldguy

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Dogpatch

Postby duffdog » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Toolmaker wrote:
wedeliver wrote:Maybe, or obviously, I read the thread different then a lot of others here. Toolmaker says, "You people just dont get it. ". I am not sure who you people are? In another post he challenges White Rabbit to "Heres what you can do with a bus thats sure to prove that you "GET IT"!
1) Leave ALL the speakers at home.. this will allow for more participants to get rides on the playa. After all "mutants" like yours are only approved since the public transport outweighs the non-mutated status.

2) Light it up and KEEP it lit up and get rid of the flat black paint.

3) Fire all crew that refuse to follow our community guidelines.

4) Train all future crew members in their expected duties and behavior since they represent not only you but your MV as well.

5) Leave the speakers at home.. this will allow for more participants to get rides on the playa. After all mutants are our communities public transportation"

wow, I am offended, I probably should keep my mouth shut because I really don't want to loose friends of something stupid, but peoples involvement and contribution is something I encourage and want to happen at Black Rock City. How can Toolmaker even begin to tell someone else the above crap. He tells them he wants a different color. I really think number 3 shows somekind of insanity. He has been told over and over that the person that ripped him a new asshole was not a crewmember but an independant DJ, yet toolmaker repeats this montra, wow. Also Toolmaker comes all the way from Florida, claims that he has a foot infection so he can't help with heavy lifting, called Obama the n word during the election so I wonder what he contributes to the total experience that is Black Rock City.

I think that DMV reps should not threaten or begin to question an application in this forum. At the very most a notation might have been put with the app, but even that supposes that people are serious here. All the time eplaya vets will explain their bad manners by saying it's "only snark, grow a thicker skin, my snark is just clever words" So, when a new user has maybe BIGGER SNARK, it becomes frat boy words or someother us them cliche.

viewtopic.php?t=27644&start=0

just watch, these guys will stay home, burning man will become nice and quite, very peaceful, then you might understand what I'm talkin' 'bout here!

finally, ygmir, I would love to be your friend, but I gotta be me.. try me, you'll like me, we think and are more alike then you are aware.

oh, really finally, fishy, I like twat over cunt, would that also be mysogenistic? can I get a 100 points also? (see if anyone reads this far down)

I will be volunteering with DMV this year doing vehicle inspections. I will also be looking for Wonderland specifically on the playa to make sure that it will not be able to cruise through the streets blasting 70,000 watts as repeatedly promised by the crewmember/dj/asshat/fratboy whatever the fuck you want to call him.

Wedeliver.. stop misqouting people. This is not the first time you have misquoted someone. You may think its a good idea to cruise with an oversized mutant blasting 70,000 watts but it just won't be permitted. I PERSONALLY will make sure corrective action will be taken since you all can't get over your "right" to attack others for calling someone a jagov.

I have RSD in my foot wedeliver, I have never had an infection in my foot. Seems you have a problem with something I was diagnosed with 2 1/2 years ago. Or are you confusing my foot with what happened to my hand as a result of medical malpractice recently? Whats your beef with disabilities? Do you feel that disabled people have no place on the playa?You really harbor grudges a long time dontcha? As far as what was typed concerning the tshirt being worn by many blacks in my neighborhood well we will never know since you cried to the mods and had the post deleted. Since you are still upset about what black people print on tshirts Why doncha do something about it. You are more than welcome to try and talk the black community into not using 'nigga" as a term of endearment.

Normally I wouldn't bother with someone elses vehicle on the playa but since duff and wedeliver feel so strongly about this vehicles right to blast 70,000 watts in residential areas while being oversized andf with electric fences installed I guess I will have to contribute to the community in some way if nobody else steps to the plate.

I really don't think I will have to though. In other circles there are numerous plans in effect to disable this monstrosity if its seen on the playa. With so many people excited about the prospect of a bus with such an awesome sound system being disabled on the playa ready for pillage I don't think I will have to do anything. Duff is doing a great job all on his own LMAO!

PS I'm STILL waiting for Obama to bring my relatives home and bring the jobs back Wedeliver. I guess your boy is just another plutocrat eh? What happened to ALL those promised he made about bringing jobs back and ending the war? And whats your beef with where I live? Are you upset that I live in a mostly black ghetto? Don't feel bad wedeliver, at least you live in a trailer park which is not much better. I'm volunteering with DMV and PG&E. Where are you volunteering this year wedeliver? Since you brought it up I figure you'd be willing to tell how many hours you plan on working during burningman.

PSS Most of the "rules" that Duff and Wedeliver have a problem with me posting are directly from the DMV and BM webpages. Wedeliver if you have a problem with out community guidelines you are welcome to stay home. Nobody is forcing you to attend BM. If you have a problem with the guidelines just start your own event. That way you could have electrified mutants killing people all over the place blasting 70,000 watts wherever they want.

Whoa dude! You either need to get laid, or you need a hobby...

just sayin.

BTW-- EMP systems are easily defeated by engineers familiar with the process of "hardening", hardened circuits are notoriously difficult to disable via EMP. A good example of this is the ECU in most newer fuel injected vehicles. In order to disable one with an EMP, the pulse generator waveguide has to be within 3 inches of the case and located at right angles to the circuit board. And even then, most ECU's are built with multiple shielded ground planes and hardened transistors within magnetic-field deflecting metal packages (non-ferrous) to withstand something as violent as a direct lightning strike. An EMP won't do sh1t to a properly hardened circuit.

8)
Purveyor of Fine 'Soul Crushing Bass'
duffdog

Postby gyre » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:48 am

It would depend on the intensity and wavelength of the pulse, wouldn't it?

While mu metal is a decent shield, I'm not too impressed with most electronics.

The device I designed produces a short, but very intense burst.
gyre

Postby duffdog » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:10 pm

gyre wrote:It would depend on the intensity and wavelength of the pulse, wouldn't it?

While mu metal is a decent shield, I'm not too impressed with most electronics.

The device I designed produces a short, but very intense burst.

It sounds like you made an HERF weapon and not an EMP weapon. Still, the average automotive ECU can withstand a 1MV burst and still function afterwards. The largest recorded EMP burst that I could find record of was 60kv/meter. Though this data most likely can be attributed to the spherical distribution of the explosion. A surefire way to cause havoc would be to transmit radio waves on or about the clock frequency of the cpu or pld, that way the circuit has no idea wtf is going on and stops working altogether. Attempting to "fry" a circuit from a distance would require considerable energy sources which most small countries do not have access to, let alone an individual.

Unless you happen to have your own private 300kva to 1mva transmission line facility. If you do, you could just do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG4TS6pa ... re=related
duffdog

Postby gyre » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Strictly emp, though I suppose it might generate one cycle over a very wide range of radiation.
Not directional, which was an issue.
gyre

Postby HeironymousJosch » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:08 pm

I'm so glad this thread drifted.
HeironymousJosch

Postby dj_john69 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:18 pm

How'd the bus turn out anyways ??
Fuck you, fuck you...you're cool, fuck you !!
dj_john69

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Osiris & BRS

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:42 pm

gyre, since you are making nlw's and epw's and ulf gizmos and all kinds of goodies, you must know of col john b. alexander and his extensive work and writings on the subject of nlw's and the new saic automated warfare program.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby gyre » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:59 pm

EPW- Extreme Possum Wrestling?

I don't know anything.
I'm just someone with a soldering iron and some old transistor radios.
gyre

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:43 am

electronic pussy wigglers.

SAIC

http://www.saic.com/

col. John B. Alexander

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/hambone/nexusavi.html

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:45 am

dont forget NLP!

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby duffdog » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:20 pm

dj_john69 wrote:How'd the bus turn out anyways ??

The bus is "turning out" as we speak. Its going to be awesomer than last year by far. Nobody will recognize it though.
duffdog

Postby ygmir » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:49 pm

so,
how'd this all work out this year?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

wonderful

Postby White Rabbit » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:25 pm

except for the occasional sabatoge attempt. All in all though it went amazingly well. You can see a pic of it on the burningman gallery

http://images.burningman.com/index.cgi? ... _year=2009

Photographer, T. R. Folger titled the pic Sea of Dreams, I called it Ichthys. I designed it to change the outside shape every year so this was the 1 and only burn as the fish, it will be something else next year.

W. Rabbit Esq.
White Rabbit

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:34 am

sabatoge attempts?

wow.

do you think they related to the crappy arguments/discussions earlier that occurred on this thread?

just wondering the outcome...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:48 am

I took some video of it, and some stills(I think) with my MV next to it(they had a lot of black light)
I'll try to post some soon.

IT LOOKED AND SOUNDED GREAT !!

I met and chatted with White Rabbit a bit too, seemed like a nice enough dude...and then some raver chic jumped off of thier MV and threw up all over the place, ending our conservation........
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Previous

Return to 2009 Art & Performance