GREATEST BASEBALL FANS IN THE WORLD?

All things outside of Burning Man.

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:06 am

go japan!

Ooops, the real world series is over
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Hey yesterday, 42 year old Red Sox knuckle ball pitcher Tim Wakefield, blew me away. I've never seen the guy pitch so well. Went a full 9 innings. Damn. I understand that he asked Francona to keep him in for the duration, before the game. That he did. Tim did it for the pitching staff. Most of those pitches were around 60 miles per hour. Slow but deadly, hard to read knuckle balls from hell. I'm not worried about the Red Sox. They're at the bottom now, but you will see them inch back to top. As George Zimmer would say, "I guarantee it"....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:37 pm

The Yankees christen their new stadium in a fashion somewhat like the great players that built the house of old to a tune similarly like Sinatra,

"I blew it my way!"

Nothing like losing in a Great Way 10-2

Sabathia loaded the bases in every inning he pitched with each of his $4,000+ pitches.

Jeter walked up to home plate to see the Babe's bat lying over it. Yogi threw out the first ball. I could hear Yogi mumble to Sabathia's each pitch, “That guy makes in three innings what took me a year and a half and that wasn’t till the end of my career and he can’t get anyone out even if he paid them!â€
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 am

Yankees...ya $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mannie Ramierez...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

...and the American people are losing their homes, their jobs, their pride.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Yankees reach two new records!

yesterday was the first umpire video replay call on a posada home run that was ruled in his favor.

In another record setting play- Two days before, the Yankees set a club house record giving away 13 runs in an inning. Just glad they didn't do it in the old stadium.

those Bronx Bums are at it again!

On the Boston side of the world. Boston finds it bats finally! Red Sox continue a streak right out the cellar into a tie with yankees. You-Kill-Us is hitting a blazing 469 with 49 ABs- Super wicked!

Other then that:

Anti-acid sales are doing quite well along the eastern seaboard!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:27 pm

I've been saying the Red Sox would climb back up.
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:30 am

Its early. A week of play and the whole league stats can reverse.

At the New Yankees stadium many seats are going unsold. It that the fans don't want to come to the game, its because the seats are priced at

$2600

It used to be that Wall St firms like Freddy MAC, AIG, Goldman Sacks would buy them in packs and hand out the tickets to their best customers and salesmen. That isn't happening in this economy. So the paychecks of highest paid sportsmen are draining the club. If this continues, bankruptcy of baseball's teams might be in the future. Granted the big stadiums of most cities are owned by the cities, but doesn't insult them from the cities selling them. This will be a factor in player negotiations in the future. We might actually see a decline in contracts for the first times since the free-agent player system started.

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Red Sox- Back on top. Told ya so.
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Ya spanked those Yanks pretty bad and took it all

they're 4 games out and its not even May!

I wonder how long Giradi will last after making a few blunders.

Boston played great never giving up when they were behind in all the games. They deserve to be in first!

On another note, the premium seats in yankee stadium have been cut in half- now if they can get the players to take a cut?

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 pm

It's gonna be a good year. Now if I only had some work.
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Mon May 04, 2009 12:18 am

what's this bullshit..." we were fighting back the Bulls? " We beat them fer Christs sake and without Garnett.

Go Red Sox.
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue May 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Boston takes two series from the Yanks

"The last time the Boston Red Sox swept the first two series of the season against the Yankees (winning at least five games) was 1912, when Babe Ruth was a student at St. Mary’s Industrial School for Boys in Baltimore."

Chamberlain was pitching on the day that his mother, Jacqueline Standley, made headlines for her arrest Saturday in Nebraska; she is accused of selling a gram of methamphetamine to a police officer for $110 in February

Strange Days are upon us!

Just wait until A-Roid is back: hope he's still juic'n the yanks will some of that.
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Fri May 08, 2009 8:34 am

Baseball loses one of its best

Dom DiMaggio Dies; Played in His Brother’s Shadow

By RICHARD GOLDSTEIN
Published: May 8, 2009
Dom DiMaggio, a perennial All-Star with the Boston Red Sox and one of the finest center fielders of his era though he played in the shadow of his brother Joe, the Yankee icon, died early Friday, The Associated Press reported. He was 92

Joe DiMaggio was the Yankee Clipper, he was Joltin’ Joe, the personification of power and grace. Dom DiMaggio was the Little Professor, slight of build and bespectacled at a time when ballplayers rarely wore eyeglasses.

But Dom DiMaggio was an intense, aggressive ballplayer and a superb fielder, possessing great range and a powerful throwing arm. He led the American League twice in runs scored and once in triples, he batted .300 four times and he had a career batting average of .298 over 11 seasons, all with the Red Sox. He was a seven-time All-Star.

Brother Joe would be hailed through his retirement years as “the greatest living ballplayer.â€
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Fri May 08, 2009 10:23 am

Nother Red Sox joins the team in the sky, with Ted's head too!
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Fri May 08, 2009 5:10 pm

ted's head?
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Fri May 08, 2009 6:01 pm

yeah, the cryogenic joint that was deep freezing Ted Williams' body messed up and someone dropped the body during tranfer and the head broke off. This happened just before the amazing 2004 Red Sox year. Ted's head was a sacrifice for the stupid Bambino curse. Well, it worked, didn't it?

Of course lots of praying also broke the curse, from yours truly too. In fact I think my brand of praying was the best. It worked didn't it?

Never will sports see another team like the 2004 Red Sox. That was the pinnacle. Maybe in another 100 years, if we still have a planet....
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Fri May 08, 2009 9:00 pm

cowboyangel wrote:yeah, the cryogenic joint that was deep freezing Ted Williams' body messed up and someone dropped the body during tranfer and the head broke off. This happened just before the amazing 2004 Red Sox year. Ted's head was a sacrifice for the stupid Bambino curse. Well, it worked, didn't it?
Heads Roll.

They say baseballs fans are the most superstitious of sports then Boston fans must be the biggest.

ha, it all so funny. You heard about the boston fan that buried a boston jersey under the foundation of the new yankee stadium?

The owners had torn most of it up to find it adding several 100 thousand dollars to the cost. then the fan said he buried two to make sure!

Ha!

So the yankees were off to one of their worst starts ever, then so they were last year.

A-Roid is back. He hits a three run homer on his first pitch of this official season. hopefully he's off the roids for good. He wouldn't last too long if he didn't hit the homer today.

Now Manny is going to be gone quite some time well into July before he plays another game for roids. It's all so sad! What could Dom di hit if he was on them 340. A Ted Will 440?

But then again The old timers had the real Moxie!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Sat May 09, 2009 12:07 am

Ricky Henderson is clean and cool and he ain't no old timer.
cowboyangel

Postby Thecatman » Fri May 15, 2009 11:20 pm

One of our Reno Aces (new triple A team for AZ diamondbacks) just got popped for some drug that supposed to decrease fat. :shock:
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:45 pm

baseball player should be fat.

Yankees break the errorless team streak and surpass the 2006 Sox of 17 games and sit in first place.

If they stay there, they will lose the pennant. It just the way things are- boston must be in first place in mid summer and the yanks in second until the final month.

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:58 pm

battle of the Titans again. Ain't baseball great? Except for the money part.....
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:30 am

They're still all BUMS!

Overpaid Hobos!

The real battle starts this week with boston ahead 5 zip!
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:56 am

I'm always Red Sox, though I live in the Bay Area and sometimes favor the Giants. I used to love Manny, now I can't stand him as a Dodger, what an egotistical nitwit. The Sox guys used to complain about him too when he was on the team.
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:45 am

Beckett is way too good for any opposing team and is better this year then ever just made the yanks look like little leaguers.

YouKillUs is so hot. What has he done to change since he's a 270 ave hitter? Its great to see Boston with such a hitter to replace manny.

But overall as a spectator looking for a battle is wasn't much as a competition trading runs and extra innings being a BoKee ( a new term for Boston/Yankees fans as I am).
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Thecatman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:07 pm

cowboyangel wrote:I used to love Manny, now I can't stand him as a Dodger, what an egotistical nitwit.
I'm gonna wear a Manny wig with a Dodger hat, probably on Friday. I've heard he's a real pleasant guy.
Thecatman

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:14 am

What Sosa used performance enhancing drugs?

Like you didn't know!

Baseball should just erase those records as if they didn't happen.

These are the drugs our law enforcement should be going after not Pot!

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:43 am

CA are you voting for the all star?

Have you made up yor list?

Here's mine:

Cabrera, M., DET Second Base: Cabrera, A., CLE Third Base: Rolen, S., TOR Shortstop: Jeter, D., NYY Catcher: Pierzynski, A.J., CWS Outfielder: Hunter, T., LAA Outfielder: Jones, A., BAL Outfielder: Suzuki, I., SEA

They're the best hitters for their position

Now I have to vote another 24X's.

Sounds like an Iran Election

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby joel the ornery » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:30 am

Orioles rally for stunning 11-10 win over Boston!!!! :lol:
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:07 pm

glad something lights your fire bowl man
cowboyangel

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 am

joel the ornery wrote:Orioles rally for stunning 11-10 win over Boston!!!! :lol:
Wow, Joel commenting positively about baseball!

Maybe there really are gods

Hi Joel good seeing you come back at least once in a while

AIIZ
Apollonaris Zeus

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion