Secret Bacon Code

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby ibdave » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 pm

lordgrizz wrote:
dragonfly Jafe wrote:In recognition of your efforts to significantly advance the field of Bakkonology, specifically the discovery of a here-to-fore unknown phenomena now known as Dark Bacon, I, Dragonfly Jafe, do hereby assert and affirm that you shall no longer be known here as "Grasshopper", instead enjoying the rights without prejudice to be returned to your previous nomenclature, aka "lordgrizz".(now, where's my bacon?)

Thank you. I will continue my efforts to understand the nature of the relationship between bacon and burners. You are all invited to come by my camp and enjoy bacon anytime you like; and as for you Dragonfly Jafe I will set a special portion aside for you.

uh-hmmm :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't make me bestow a new name on you again... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Toolmaker » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:03 pm

This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby **burn** » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 pm

Risky

The Booby Bar in
http://terminalvillage.com
**burn**

Postby SonOfUgly » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:44 pm

SonOfUgly

Postby dreaminglife » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Am I the only one who is creeped out by the overwhelming influence of bacon here?
dreaminglife.org
dreaminglife

Postby Sham » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:30 am

dreaminglife wrote:Am I the only one who is creeped out by the overwhelming influence of bacon here?

You're dealing with a bunch of bacon zombies here. I think being creeped out may be a bit extreme, but if you just accept bacon into your week on the playa, all will be well with the world.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: BACON! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sham

Postby pandasex » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:09 pm

[quote="dreaminglife"]Am I the only one who is creeped out by the overwhelming influence of bacon here?[/quote]

you know i used to think i was kind of a sexual freak before the whole bacon thing......now i feel kind of vanilla lol

i will watch though
I have post playa depression :(
pandasex

Postby lordgrizz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:07 am

See! This is what I was talking about. There is a bacon plot! Bacon zombies? Sex with bacon? O lord where will it stop?!
Bullshit makes the flowers grow, and that's beautiful.
lordgrizz

Postby ygmir » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 am

lordgrizz wrote:See! This is what I was talking about. There is a bacon plot! Bacon zombies? Sex with bacon? O lord where will it stop?!

perhaps, :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-g7Q7hXn7o[/youtube]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Sail Man » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:30 am

lordgrizz wrote:See! This is what I was talking about. There is a bacon plot! Bacon zombies? Sex with bacon? O lord where will it stop?!

Muah hah hah hahhhhh It will never stop! That's the beauty of it. Don't fight it, give into it and just let it happen :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby Dave_techie » Fri May 29, 2009 8:04 pm

Dave_techie

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri May 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Dave_techie wrote:http://www.bakonvodka.com/
http://www.baconnaise.com/

I find it to be no suprise that Bakon vodka is made by Black Rock Spirits, LLC.

Hmmm ???
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby forestm333 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

There's always the "Bacon Explosion". Although I would call it death by bacon.
[url]http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/[/url]

I have to say it doesn't look all that delicious but you know it would be. (it looks like a piece of.......nevermind)
forestm333

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby geospyder » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqR1dpH98K4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Exdtalk%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fxdtalk%2Dchatter%2Dbox%2F123536%2Dibacon%2Ehtml&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Don't believe everything you think.
geospyder

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:50 am

Is this an Acid thread? I can't tell
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:54 am

Fire_Moose wrote:Is this an Acid thread? I can't tell
Are your hooves dissolving?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Fire_Moose » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 am

Not at the moment...but the antlers seem to be acting a little funny.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

bacon candy

Postby cheesynei » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:31 pm

has anyone tried bacon candy? it is wowee amazing.
yes, i did do it.
cheesynei

Postby Sham » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 pm

I mentioned my love for bacon to a friend of mine who happens to work for a meat distributor. He got a me a 300 slice pack of pre-cooked bacon for me to enjoy. It makes me want to install a microwave in my car. :D
Sham

Postby Tamino » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:06 pm

I lived in Switzerland for eight months and kept hearing about some delicacy called "Hairy Pig Fat". I thought it was an Swiss urban legend but I finally found out that it really exists. I was working at a school and the kids had a week off. All the "GOOD" food was then served to the remaining faculty and staff. This included horse, ostritch and hairy pig fat.

The pig fat is about three inches thick and has a very thin section of meat at the bottom and at the top it includes the skin which actually has hair in it.

Most disgusting week of food I've ever had to encounter. I ate salad all week as I don't eat any of those animals. I was trying to find a picture of it but I can't seem to locate it. I'll see if a friend still over in CH can take one next time they have it. It was basically boiled chunks of pig skin. Ick!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Tamino

Postby SilverOrange » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Tamino wrote:I lived in Switzerland for eight months and kept hearing about some delicacy called "Hairy Pig Fat". I thought it was an Swiss urban legend but I finally found out that it really exists. I was working at a school and the kids had a week off. All the "GOOD" food was then served to the remaining faculty and staff. This included horse, ostritch and hairy pig fat.

The pig fat is about three inches thick and has a very thin section of meat at the bottom and at the top it includes the skin which actually has hair in it.

Most disgusting week of food I've ever had to encounter. I ate salad all week as I don't eat any of those animals. I was trying to find a picture of it but I can't seem to locate it. I'll see if a friend still over in CH can take one next time they have it. It was basically boiled chunks of pig skin. Ick!

Sorry Tamino, this is the secret bacon code thread, not the leafy green vegetable thread. Be a good little burner and embrace the bacon or GTFO.
SilverOrange

Postby lordgrizz » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:16 am

I have recently rediscovered the sweet-sweet deliciousity of Pickled Pigs Feet. My Ma used to get them when I was a kid, but they somehow fell by the way side. I understand they are not bacon but was wondering how others felt about this most wonderful pork product?
Bullshit makes the flowers grow, and that's beautiful.
lordgrizz

Postby LostinReno » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 am

lordgrizz wrote:I have recently rediscovered the sweet-sweet deliciousity of Pickled Pigs Feet. My Ma used to get them when I was a kid, but they somehow fell by the way side. I understand they are not bacon but was wondering how others felt about this most wonderful pork product?

I like the flavor of the pigs feet, it's just the texture wigs me out. Good pickled eggs on the other hand....yummmm...those would be a great side to bacon! Mmmmm, I can just feel my arteries hardening! :wink: and not to mention the hurrendous gas!
LostinReno

Postby oneeyeddick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:31 am

picked egg farts RULE !!!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:02 pm

The Baconian theory of Shakespearean authorship holds that Sir Francis Bacon wrote the plays conventionally attributed to William Shakespeare.

The mainstream view is that William Shakespeare of Stratford, an actor in the Lord Chamberlain's Men (later the King's Men), wrote the poems and plays that bear his name. The Baconians, however, hold that scholars are so focused on the details of Shakespeare's life that they neglect to investigate the many facts that they see as connecting Bacon to the Shakespearean work.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:03 pm

Bacon is the subject of the trivia game titled Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, based on the idea that, due to his prolific screen career, any Hollywood actor can be "linked" to another in a handful of "steps" based on their associations with Bacon. Although it has been proven that there are "better" centers in the Hollywood universe, such as Sean Connery, Christopher Lee, Rod Steiger, Gene Hackman or Michael Caine, Bacon's name remained the focus because he was the first one selected by the game's creators, and because the name "Kevin Bacon" rhymes with the last word of the phrase "six degrees of separation". A person's number of degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon is known as one's "Bacon Number" which takes its name from Erdős number.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:04 pm

In continental Europe, this part of the pig is usually not smoked like bacon is in the United States; it is used primarily in cubes (lardons) as a cooking ingredient, valued both as a source of fat and for its flavour. In Italy, this is called pancetta and is usually cooked in small cubes or served uncooked and thinly sliced as part of an antipasto.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Ugly Dougly

Postby geospyder » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:49 pm

AABABBAAABAAAAAABBABAAABAABAAABAABAAAAABAAAAAAAABAABBBAABBABAAAAAABABBBAABAABBBAAAABABAAABAABAAAAAAABAABBAABAAAAABBBAABBAABBBAABAAAAAABAAAAAAAABAABBBAABBABABAAAAAAAAABBABAAABAABAAAABBBBAABBBAABAABAAAB
Don't believe everything you think.
geospyder

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Philosophy