All plans and questionaires...

All plans and questionaires...

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby scotto » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:44 am

http://forms.burningman.com/

Welcome to the Burning Man Forms and Questionnaires SiteUpdate Your Snail Mail Information

If you have not purchased a ticket in the last two years, and you are interested in receiving printed updates and information from Burning Man, please visit our Snail Mail Form to submit your mailing address. If you have purchased a ticket in the last two years, you are already on our print mailing list.

Project Registration Questionnaires

If you are planning to bring a registered Theme Camp or Burning Man Department Camp, Art Installation, and/or Mutant Vehicle to Black Rock City in 2009, you will need to submit the appropriate questionnaire(s) during our project registration period, as follows (note: dates are subject to change):

Art Installation Questionnaire: February 15 — July 1

Placement (Theme Camp or Department) Questionnaire: February 15 — May 31

Mutant Vehicle Application: February 15 — June 30

Disabled Persons Vehicle Application: February 15 — July 31

Media Registration Form: February 15, deadline for video/film July 24, all other press Aug 7

You Need An Account to Use Our Questionnaires

You must be logged in to fill out any of our questionnaires. If you have an existing account in the ePlaya discussion board system or in the Black Rock City Extranet, you should be able to log in using your ePlaya or Extranet username and password. If you do not have an account in either of these other systems, or if you do have an additional account but you do not wish to link it to the questionnaire submissions, then you should create a new account for this system.

NOTE: In a very small number of cases, a pre-existing ePlaya account will NOT be able to authenticate within this system. If you find this to be true, or if you have any other problems logging
Burning Man is a Participatory Sport! Lead by Example!
scotto

Camp Name: PolyParadise

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:09 pm

We got time. :)
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Toolmaker » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:54 am

psst

alot of camps don't bother registerin

alot of vehicles go without registration

pass it on
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 am

Pssst. Too flagrantly violating our permit puts it in jeopardy.

Pass it on.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby NyxValentine » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:42 am

So, I just submitted my camp's questionnaire Friday night. And now, I am super paranoid that "omg what if they don't want us aggghhhh!" about like that...

So, when do we find out if our camp has (or god forbid, hasn't) been accepted? Do I just go with the "no news is good news" option? Or should I be worried.....?
NyxValentine

Postby AntiM » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:15 am

You can still have your camp, you just won't have it placed on a spot reserved for a theme camp.
Some sunshine, some dust, a little paint and a tutu. Yeah.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby NyxValentine » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:19 am

This is true, and we certainly will! I just like being all official and such...
NyxValentine

Postby bdeywoo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:31 pm

NyxValentine wrote:This is true, and we certainly will! I just like being all official and such...

You wont get an official word till July at best. I've placed our camp for years, as long as you followed whats below you'll be fine:

Has it really been planned or was the "plan" thrown together?
Did you communicate the plan in your submission?
Do you detail, really really detail your clean up plan?

Honestly as long as you can clean up after yourself and convince them that you actually have thought about how to clean up the area they give you, you should be fine.

If you are asking for early entry, assume you wont get the number of early entrants you want. I dont have a number but for the most part we always have been given early passes for roughly 10% of the campmates we have in the camp. Each year it seems to be in that area.

If you did all this you will most likely get accepted and have a place. If you want a certain space, location or anything specific good luck. Thats all logistics which has little to do with your submission.
bdeywoo

Postby NyxValentine » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm

bdeywoo wrote:You wont get an official word till July at best. I've placed our camp for years, as long as you followed whats below you'll be fine.

Whew. I can wait til July I guess, as long as I know that I'm not dead in the water because I haven't heard anything.

We've been planning for awhile, and I'd like to think we were very detailed and communicative, but I'm not sure what the standard there is. Hopefully I was good enough. Our leave no trace plan is about 3 pages long though :D And I plan on having all our camp members sign it as part of camping with us...

Hmm...Hope not on the early arrival thing, we kind of need the number we asked for, but we'll make it work either way.

Out of curiousity, I was somewhat confused by some of the wording - on one hand, they don't want early arrivals, but on the other hand, they said that your camp had to be set up ad ready to go Monday at Midnight? Any clarification? did I just misread (very possible)?

Not too worried about being any particular place, I think our only request was not to be too close to any huge party camps (I love them, but we were next door to the Deep End last year, and I do like to sleep sometimes... ;p ), so wherever we end up will be great.

Thanks for the input!
NyxValentine

Return to 2009 Theme Camps