The BUSH 2009 - ATTN ALL Junglists/DnB Heads: We're Back!

The BUSH 2009 - ATTN ALL Junglists/DnB Heads: We're Back!

Postby bx1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:59 am

The BUSH - 2009

Ok, after 4 years of wandering the earth the Mix Movement crew is back in Black Rock City, and we've brought some sick artists, DJs, and tunes with us! Yes of course, we will be bigger and badder than our little tiny camp was in 2005. Our de-evolution of the Playa begins by bringing the jungle to the desert. We want you to actually feel like your in a small jungle inside our tent, or at least, some warped version of one. We will also be building the "LAVA Lounge" this year, where we will be mixing and playing some interesting mellow beats through the night... Of course there will also be the standard sacrifice to the volcano gods, which will of course include your standard virgin alter and LAVA Liquor provided by non other then "Stormin Norman" aka "Norm-L" aka "DJ Norman" of the Mix Movement Family.

So come by to party, or to relax and listen to some bomb beats, or just come by and say hi, we'll be there. Our camp map and clean-up plan can be found through the Mix Movement website at: www.mixmovement.com , Peace.

Braden aka BX1
bx1

Postby jkisha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:07 am

very informative website.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Zona_the_stona » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:51 am

Glad to hear you guys will be back!
Zona_the_stona

Postby bx1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah I know, hopefully our website will be fully functional again in a few weeks max, I at least wanted to put our Burning Man plans up. Thanx Zona, good to hear from ya again, hope to see you at the burn.

B
bx1

Postby a sea of dirac » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 pm

worrrrrrrd
sounds like fun!
a sea of dirac

Postby bx1 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:52 am

Anyone wanting to participate with us, camp with us, or if you're a DJ/MC/artist just looking for a place to perform, hit me up.
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

THE BUSH (Returning bigger and badder in 2011):

http://www.placesafterdark.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=872

bx1

Postby bx1 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am

Oh By the way: While jungle, drum and bass, and dub step cover most of our music, it is not the only thing we will be playing or are in to. In fact I have it on good authority Stormin Norman will be rocking out some funky electro, down tempo, and maybe even some house throughout the week. *ME*, I'll be sticking mainly in the jungle tent playing classic and hard-ass DnB for the massives.

Peace,
B
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

bx1

Postby a sea of dirac » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:53 pm

are you guys gonna have cd decks or turntables...?
a sea of dirac

Postby bx1 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:03 am

We might bring some CDJs but for right now we will definently have at least: Our 1200 mk5s, Pioneer 909 mixer, and serato scratch live hooked up to it -So you can mix mp3s/cds regardless.

Also, new info: We are going to attempt to turn the LAVA Lounge into a fully functional volcano on the outside. More info to follow...
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

bx1

WICKED!

Postby ScoNix » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:31 am

I feel like DnB was somewhat lacking last year. It was my first burn and I felt as if I didn't get enough DnB. Anyways I spin DnB and may be interested incamping, flag dancing, and spinning some wicked sounds at your spot. If you would like to know a little bit more about me check out my myspace @ myspace.com/sconix. Burning man needs a jungle!
:P
Peace, Love & Energy!
ScoNix

Postby bx1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:45 pm

The lack of DnB on the playa is something I hear often... I checked out your myspace, and I like your style. I totally think you'd fit right in camping with us, but if you want to just come by, kick it for a few, and throw some records down, that's cool too. Hit me up, let me know. :P
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

bx1

Postby PRgrl99 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm

all i have to say is YAY im going :)) I can't freaking wait
PRgrl99

SWEEEET

Postby ScoNix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Sounds good, wouldn't mind camping with my fellow junglists! We know something the masses don't, but they will find out once we hypnotize them with our wicked soundz. They won't even know what hit them and will be cleaning dubstep out of their teeth for weeks! Don't worry Dubstep and Drum n' Bass are contagious if one person gets it the rest will. ALL OVER EVERYTHING HAHAHAHA
Peace, Love & Energy!
ScoNix

Postby ZuberiWamukota » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Hey you guys spin Ragga?
ZuberiWamukota

Postby bx1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:20 pm

ScoNix wrote:Sounds good, wouldn't mind camping with my fellow junglists! We know something the masses don't, but they will find out once we hypnotize them with our wicked soundz. They won't even know what hit them and will be cleaning dubstep out of their teeth for weeks! Don't worry Dubstep and Drum n' Bass are contagious if one person gets it the rest will. ALL OVER EVERYTHING HAHAHAHA

ScoNix: werd.

ZuberiWamukota:
I myself only spin a little ragga and mash-up, mostly hard DnB, and a few other twists here and there. There will be other DJs spinning it more though I'm sure (in 2005 we were bumpin ragga tunes from friends of ours during the day. Mainly mixes from General Malice and Direct Feed). Although anytime of music is welcome in our camp, it's a definite for me if it's any type of Drum and Bass or Jungle, and ragga is definitely jungle...

You looking for a place to throw down tracks or just an inquiring junglist?
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

bx1

Postby ZuberiWamukota » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Just an Inquiring Junglist, I will make sure to spend some time with yalls this year though. :wink:
ZuberiWamukota

Postby Anti-Hero » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Big up!

Oi, I am Brandon. I am def going to the Burn..... Disputing if I should take a few records.

Also I am convincing my best friend to go and he will also probably take some tunes....

So count me in on throwing down some beats.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Anti-Hero

Re: The BUSH 2009 - ATTN ALL Junglists/DnB Heads: We're Back

Postby djnormanj » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:51 am

bx1 wrote:The BUSH - 2009
We will also be building the "LAVA Lounge" this year, where we will be mixing and playing some interesting mellow beats through the night... Of course there will also be the standard sacrifice to the volcano gods, which will of course include your standard virgin alter and LAVA Liquor provided by non other then "Stormin Norman" aka "Norm-L" aka "DJ Norman" of the Mix Movement Family.

Speaking of the all new lava lounge, which will actually be a hot, sexy, and groovy chill out area in the interior of a giant burning and erupting volcano, I am looking for some ideas for names of drinks that we'll be serving up at the bar inside. Think hot, red, fire, flames, burnning, or erupting as the volcano theme to name our drinks (the traditional bloody mary's, strawberry margaritas, or totally origional mixes). Let me hear your ideas for renaming a common drink or coming up with your own origional idea that would fit the theme! Come up with a drink or name that we decide to use and you'll be invited to sacrifice your own virgin on our alter to the lava gods! Not to mention, getting to drink your own personally created concoction! See ya at The BUSH!!! :wink:
djnormanj

Postby djnormanj » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Anti-Hero wrote:Oi, I am Brandon. I am def going to the Burn..... Disputing if I should take a few records.

Brandon, definately bring some of your records! Even if you don't use them, you'll kick yourself if you don't have em when you want em!
djnormanj

Postby bx1 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:52 pm

djnormanj wrote:
Anti-Hero wrote:Oi, I am Brandon. I am def going to the Burn..... Disputing if I should take a few records.

Brandon, definately bring some of your records! Even if you don't use them, you'll kick yourself if you don't have em when you want em!

True!

But... Just as I am doing, besides good beats, make sure your bring records loaded with plenty of...

Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

bx1

Postby djnormanj » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Yes, I gotta have more COWBELL!

~Norm

"I used to have a handle on life, then it broke"
djnormanj

Re: The BUSH 2009 - ATTN ALL Junglists/DnB Heads: We're Back

Postby bx1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:37 am

djnormanj wrote:I am looking for some ideas for names of drinks that we'll be serving up at the bar inside. Think hot, red, fire, flames, burnning, or erupting as the volcano theme to name our drinks (the traditional bloody mary's, strawberry margaritas, or totally origional mixes). Let me hear your ideas for renaming a common drink or coming up with your own origional idea that would fit the theme! Come up with a drink or name that we decide to use and you'll be invited to sacrifice your own virgin on our alter to the lava gods! Not to mention, getting to drink your own personally created concoction! See ya at The BUSH!!! :wink:

Well, anyone of those red colored drinks could be a "LAVA Liquid" ... I did have a drink once called a "Flaming Rum Eruption" ... "Volcano Blast" I don't know, I can think of a couple names, but not so much original drinks. I think I already told you about "Native's Blood" which is just: 7-UP, Black Velvet, and Kool-Aid, you could always give one of those names to that drink...

Anymore ideas out there?
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

bx1

Postby isisxwear » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:28 pm

I think me and my friend would like to join your camp if you have room for new members. It'll be my second year and he's a virgin. I spent most of last year searching the playa for dnb beats and only found it once or twice. I'd love to camp with other junglists. We really want to join a camp to participate, ya know? Email me is interested. isisxwear@yahoo.com
isisxwear

Postby bx1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:46 pm

isisxwear wrote:I think me and my friend would like to join your camp if you have room for new members. It'll be my second year and he's a virgin. I spent most of last year searching the playa for dnb beats and only found it once or twice. I'd love to camp with other junglists. We really want to join a camp to participate, ya know? Email me is interested. isisxwear@yahoo.com

Yeah we actually do have spots open, I'll shoot you an email...
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

bx1

Postby lilsrra » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Awesome! I didn't get to any DnB/Jungle areas last year, they were very scarce from what I could see, glad to hear this!
lilsrra

Postby Anti-Hero » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:35 am

[quote="djnormanj"][quote="Anti-Hero"]
Oi, I am Brandon. I am def going to the Burn..... Disputing if I should take a few records.
[/quote]

Brandon, definately bring some of your records! Even if you don't use them, you'll kick yourself if you don't have em when you want em![/quote]

Well I guess I def will!!!!
fuck yea drum and bass!!!

as for drinks.... make "Dirty Leprechaun's" all day long
2shots jager
2 shots midori
2 shots sour apple pucker
1 shot 151
*Sake with ice..... serve in tumbler! ;)

That is all you need at your bar
Hunter S. Thompson
Anti-Hero

Postby Anti-Hero » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:36 am

That is a great Idea to gift people...... Cowbells....
Hunter S. Thompson
Anti-Hero

Postby bx1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Anti-Hero wrote:as for drinks.... make "Dirty Leprechaun's" all day long
2shots jager
2 shots midori
2 shots sour apple pucker
1 shot 151
*Sake with ice..... serve in tumbler! ;)

That is all you need at your bar

How is that lava/volcano/fire themed? Now if you came up with a new name for it, maybe...
Braden aka BX1 aka -=B=-

bx1

Postby Anti-Hero » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:50 am

Sorry, I am a dipshit and did not read the lava themed part... call it green Lava. hahahah

also.... make this
Red Death - or - Death by lava
* 1 oz Vodka
* 1 oz Southern Comfort
* 1 oz Amaretto
* 1/2 oz Sloe gin
* 1/2 oz Triple sec
* Fill with Orange juice
* 1 dash Lime juice
Hunter S. Thompson
Anti-Hero

Postby Anti-Hero » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 am

All I can say is the dirty leprechaun/Green Lava. will rock your world.
Make it at home, tell me what you think......
Hunter S. Thompson
Anti-Hero

Next

Return to 2009 Theme Camps