Anti M's Home for Wayward Art 2009

Anti M's Home for Wayward Art 2009

Postby AntiM » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:12 am

Geez, I forgot to add it to this year's forum!

No theme chosen this year .... but feel free to ignore it if I do come up with one. I still have some Godzilla on the brain.

viewtopic.php?t=23074

Returning for a fourth year! So far I haven't tired of it... have you? Anyway, 2007 was stellar, over 300 adoptions, and that's just ones which ended up with adoption cards. Several big pieces, notably on stretched canvas found new, anonymous homes. Many excellent donations and a lot of enthusiasm.

This year, my "theme" is "Godzilla Enhances All Art" inspired by a "motel art" print I repurposed with Godzilla and a Bat Country bat. Yes, it was adopted, I happened to take a picture of it at home pre-event. The paintbrushes are purely accidental. For 2008 I want to collect classic prints and introduce Godzilla into them. (Yes, I could use unframed prints of classic paintings).

from 2007, and 2006:
Yeah, yeah, you know, but oooh, there's so many new folks and I know they don't know ... so here's my project as described down in 2006 art and performances:

This was my project last year and since it is returning I thought I should introduce it yet again for the new folks.

Anti M's Home for Wayward Art is a place for small art, medium art, amateur art, but especially Bad Art, Lost Art, Found Art, Art which Needs a Good Spanking, and of course, Wayward Art. This is not a gallery, it is more like juvenile detention for art, an orphanage, a half-way house for misfit art. All art in the Home is up for adoption, all the prospective new parent needs to do is fill out a small adoption form and clip it to the Home in place of their newfound art darling. Art may also be committed to the Home, just put it securely in place and say good-bye. While the emphasis is on visual art such as paintings, drawings and photos, sculptural art and trinkets found their way into the Home last year and then found new homes.

Why? I love to paint, I love to do miniatures, I love to give things away. Based on the concepts of art and gifting, I came up with the Home. Why Bad Art? While I am quite good at miniatures, I am a beginner painter and not always pleased with my products. I also glean art from thrift stores and friends and family and yard sales.

There's a photo of the Home on my site (see sig line). Yes, it is made of chickenwire and 2x4s.

I just put all the adoption cards from last year into albums, it was great to read over what went where and why, thanks to the eplayans who adopted and contributed! This project was so successful I had to ration out my original art, and I only had a handful of things which did not go to new homes. They're getting makeovers, hehehe.

The biggest difference will be a big ass No Sunday Donations sign. Sadly, folks thought the Home was a great place to dump unwanted costumes and general schtuff. And it will be "closed" at night, I find too many beer bottles and trash otherwise.

And I must say, 2006 saw some superior donations, most notably Hot Jesus, the Santa Massacree, and the stained glass Man, and some excellent woodblocks!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby robotland » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:17 pm

REMINDER:

....You ROCK.
Howdy From Kalamazoo
robotland

Postby AntiM » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Aw, shucks.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby pinemom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 am

she SOOO rocks!

Still gonna do the Zillagod thing this year too AntiM?
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:50 am

Yay! for the HFWA!!! I am proud to have adopted an Anti M original, and see it everytime I walk in/out of my house. One of my favorite art pieces in my house.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby Ranger Genius » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:13 am

Gotta get started on this year's woodblock. Couldn't ever get inspired for '08 to come up with a design. Any ideas?
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”
Ranger Genius

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:49 am

It should have a monkey, or technically, an ape. As Lucky says, "What would a monkey do?"

Maybe I'll paint a few apes myself. I yearn for Godzilla but am stalled in the winter blehs. I need color and light! And Godzilla!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby wedeliver » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:06 am

AntiM wrote:..... I yearn for Godzilla but am stalled in the winter blehs. I need color and light! And Godzilla!

lights, sound, cue.. godzilla

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHRm2DioMA[/youtube]
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 am

Domo Arigato!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby wedeliver » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Hai, do itashi mashite

(I returned from Nam through Camp Zama Hospital system)(so I learned a little from watching TV. Hai, was the first word I could pick out in conversations, yes.)

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby AntiM » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Ah, Camp Zama. Me ... three years in Yokosuka at the Commsta, then to DG, then back to Commsta ... then I got out and did several years as a dependent wife. Nine years in the same funky old Japanese house. 12 years total, and I still only speak bar Japanese.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby wedeliver » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:26 pm

AntiM wrote:Ah, Camp Zama. Me ... three years in Yokosuka at the Commsta, then to DG, then back to Commsta ... then I got out and did several years as a dependent wife. Nine years in the same funky old Japanese house. 12 years total, and I still only speak bar Japanese.

Mae-ni atta-koto aru? Suitaru-ga ii-na, Ima Shiyo!

Hai??

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:03 pm

AntiM, I have some pieces for you, plus some canvas board.

And I learned "Hai!" from Tampopo.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby AntiM » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 am

Excellent, Fishy, thanks! More art is always welcome. Your donations went well .... except for the strange basket thingy. That's on my to do list ... I just don't what to do to it!

Tampopo means dandelion. I know this because one of my apartments was in a Very Bad Neighborhood in Yokosuka. Bar Tampopo was run by two middle-aged sisters, just two blocks from my front door. They only allowed Americans in, no Japanese. A friend took me down there, he spoke Japanese ad was on friendly terms with the ladies. Turns out this was the local blowjob bar. One would bartend while the other sucked, then they'd switch. There was a privacy booth at the end of the bar, and a small sink with a wide array of dental hygiene products. They liked me, gave me drinks for free. When it was time to close up, they would wait until all the sailors quit hanging around outside and walk me to my apartment. Then they'd call a cab from my phone. Very sweet women.

I always liked the deer in the headlights looks on the sailors' faces when I walked in the door. The sisters closed the bar when AIDS became more widespread in the mid-80s. End of an era.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Silly me. Japanese Noodle Westerns might not make it to Utah. Worth tracking down if you can.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbp5xm8R2VQ[/youtube]
Not a very good trailor, but I too lazy to look at more. Sorry.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby AntiM » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 pm

nan dai'yo?

way cool!
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 pm

The Funeral and Taxing Woman were good too.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

yo

Postby alterboy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:32 pm

hey anti-m, how goes it? Great camp, good place to sleep and eat, hoping to make it to this years (corresponds with A-school leave) already making an l-wire oufit.
alterboy

Re: yo

Postby AntiM » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:13 am

alterboy wrote:hey anti-m, how goes it? Great camp, good place to sleep and eat, hoping to make it to this years (corresponds with A-school leave) already making an l-wire oufit.

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one person on eplaya who can truly call me Anti m and mean it!

Go ahead and buy the ticket... they're pretty, but will call may work out better for you. Of course we have your tent, sleeping bag and camelbak. Bike or trike? If you can't go for any reason, selling a ticket isn't too hard. But you'll find a way ... so, how does one carry an el-wire outfit on a plane?

And how's school, Glow-worm?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Bump
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby AntiM » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:25 am

I feel expectations .... yikes.

Last night Genius and I ran some errands, we dropped by Ogden Blue top pick up some woodblock supplies for him. Just happened to be Gallery Stroll night, with student and beginner art on display. Some of it was very, very good, some was not, but some of it made me think, "OMG! I AM an artist! I can paint!" I saw one I'd be willing to buy for myself had I the spare change ($350). I do not, alas. A nude man, standing in a severe landscape, on a crackled surface. The name of the artist ... the same surname as a philosophy teacher I had way back when. Certainly a relative. The serendipity was heavy in the air.

We munched cookies and drank punch. We admitted to being artists. One woman loved the idea of giving away art as an art project itself. Another hostess told us about the amazing classes coming up. I do want a basic class so I know how to manipulate my materials, how to work with various mediums, basic technique. I do worry that a formal class would change my naive style. I do not fear the paint and I worry I would be corralled into a style.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby mdmf007 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:32 am

Go for it AntiM sounds like fun.
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby AntiM » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:05 pm

A professional class is not in the budget this year. Perhaps next year.

General question: "Art Rescue and Rehabilitation", is that a good subtitle for the Home?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm

What's the wayward art equivelent of a pit bull?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby penguin » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:14 pm

AntiM wrote:A professional class is not in the budget this year. Perhaps next year.

General question: "Art Rescue and Rehabilitation", is that a good subtitle for the Home?

"Art Rescue and Redistribution" sounds more appropriate to me?
http://www.playafire.com <- my BM resource links - got any I can add?
penguin

Burning Since: 2009

Postby klondike_bar » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 am

theCryptofishist wrote:What's the wayward art equivelent of a pit bull?

*raises hand in shame*

that would be my art, i guess. :oops:
klondike_bar

Postby AntiM » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:17 am

Does your art wear lipstick?
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Postby pontouf » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:57 am

AntiM wrote:I feel expectations .... yikes.
Another hostess told us about the amazing classes coming up. I do want a basic class so I know how to manipulate my materials, how to work with various mediums, basic technique. I do worry that a formal class would change my naive style. I do not fear the paint and I worry I would be corralled into a style.

its damn near impossible to corral an artist. for the duration of a class, maybe you will try a new style, but nothing will ever destroy what you have unless you ask it to... i'm the daughter and granddaughter of accomplished painters, both of whom give me "lessons" on a regular basis, and yet my painting is nothing like theirs. My mother cannot help but paint women, in everything she does, my grandfather uses texture, and despite my 3 years of formal training and my schooling from my family, I still paint in values, working almost in gradient maps, even when I TRY to paint in other styles...
lessons are good for us. they teach us how to merge existing styles with our instinctual connection to the medium.

:D go on!get learning!!
pontouf

PS

Postby pontouf » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:26 am

By the way, I'm donating. how do you feel about textiles? not clothes, art.
i can bring 2d if you prefer!
and if you get a theme i'll do something fun and fabulous for it too.
pontouf

Postby AntiM » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:08 am

Textile art is fine! Can't wait to see it, thank you so much.

heck, if I don't have a theme, create one for yourself.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Next

Return to 2009 Art & Performance