adopt a person [me].

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

adopt a person [me].

Postby 102525 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:37 am

Grettings!

I'm hoping to attend this years burning man, coming all the way from London, UK where I work as a designer on projects ranging from architecture to sculpture. Outlandish stuff.

I want to be as involved as much as possible at burning man. I have strong conceptual design/art skills as well as practical skills such as painting/drawing and construction/common sense. as well as usual IT stuff. My whole education/employment background relates to creativity in some way.

I really want to be part of a group that could use my help/skills since this will be my first year going and would like it to become as complete an experience as is possible.

It would also be amazing to meet people before the event who I could help set up some kind of installation/art/design based environment, ultimately earning the right to hitch with, as coming from the UK alone means a lack of car and transportation! Will be flying light with a tent and the rest purchased on arrival. I am available for three weeks surrounding the dates and would like to make the most of this and contribute as much as possible.

Aside from being interested in creativity I hope to meet interesting open minded people to share this experience with, and I am prepared for anything and open to every eventuality.

Thanks!
T.

Postby jkisha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:03 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:33 am

Jump right in anywhere you feel at home.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby pinemom » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:06 pm

The one I know right now locally needing workers is this....dont know in what capacity their in need of...but you could contact them and see....

http://shivavista.controlledburnreno.com/

Its the large'ish fire performing platform open to fire performers, but there is fire pyrotechnics/sound/platform design and build,packing/unpacking/putting it all together playa side.

Its HARD work, I kid you not. We helped build the original platform for last yr and yr before. and actually went out on the playa a week early to set it all up.

Hard work but very rewarding, VERY VERY rewarding!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby 102525 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:35 pm

THANKS FOR THE TIP!

Return to Get Involved!