Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

All things outside of Burning Man.

Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night....II

Postby jkisha » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:15 pm

This thread is for those that enjoyed the first, late, great thread by the same name. Wish it could be invitation only.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby joel the ornery » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:14 pm

you're a brave soul.

all the best.
joel the ornery

Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares
Burning Since: 1998

Postby jkisha » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Not brave, just hopeful that this thread won't be hijacked. I enjoy talking about politics and I don't think it fair that one person be allowed to spoil the enjoyment of the majority. I think it's a shame that you started one of the longest running threads on eplaya only to have it sabatoged by some idiot.

JK
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby jkisha » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:24 pm

DON'T BE LEFT OUT! Only a few days left. Own your piece of history today. Get the "Obama Bottle" NOW!
http://www.obamabottle.com/

I just saw this advertised on MSNBC. I need to get one and put it next to my official "Obama Coins" https://www.obamacoincollection.com/

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Wish it could be invitation only.

no.....you must let the Nazi's march in Skokie.

all voices must have the same opportunity to be heard, whether you like them or not.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Kinda reminds me of this guy.

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby littleflower » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:28 pm

DVD Burner wrote:Kinda reminds me of this guy.

that guy has his own little soapbox that people can join if they want to ... if you made one for yourself here, DVD, and left the rest of us to argue in peace, i think we'd all be very happy. i'll even promise to make a token post on your thread once in awhile so you can have fun telling me how stupid i am!! deal?
littleflower

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:38 pm

I am leaving you folks to be hypocrites here.

Dont let me stop you.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby jkisha » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 pm

DVD Burner wrote:I am leaving you folks to be hypocrites here.

Dont let me stop you.

Thanks. Sure took you long enough to figure out we didn't want you here posting in this thread to begin with.

Don't let the mouse fly up your ass on your log out.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby littleflower » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:12 pm

JK ..... jeez ....
littleflower

Re: Politics, Everyday, All day... morning, noon and night..

Postby LisaLuckyOne » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:03 pm

jkisha wrote:Wish it could be invitation only.

If only Burningman were invitation only. In that case I'm quite certain you wouldn't have ever heard about it.

jkisha wrote:Sure took you long enough to figure out we didn't want you here posting in this thread to begin with.

That's might inclusive of you. Take your clique-mentality somewhere else.
It's better to be Lucky!
LisaLuckyOne

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Do I smell a dirty sock?
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Barbie » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Yea I smell it to

A Dirty fricking sUCK oh I mean slut Oh I mean sock LOLLLLLLooooooo

alllfuckeupnothintosdosomepeepsrunbeileveable!!!!!!!!!
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby jkisha » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:47 pm

She's been on my case once before, I just ignore her too. I know just the person to introduce her to though! I'll bet she's another one that never makes it to the playa either. :roll:

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby wedeliver » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:54 pm

2 pieces of news today
i lost the link to the first one.

GUANTANAMO BAY, Cuba (CNN) -- In one of his first acts in office, President Obama has ordered the U.S. government to suspend prosecutions of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay for 120 days, a military spokesman said Tuesday.

Papers filed at the U.S. prison camp said the request is made "in the interest of justice and at the direction of the president of the United States." It seeks a delay in proceedings until May 20.

"The judges will receive the requests and review them, and we anticipate a ruling soon," said Cmdr. Jeffrey Gordon, a Defense Department spokesman.

Tuesday's directive was issued verbally through Defense Secretary Bob Gates, according to a military spokesman who requested anonymity.

Obama had vowed to close the naval prison at the U.S. base. It is not clear how soon that will happen or how the latest developments will affect nearly 250 detainees currently housed there.

Among those facing trial at Guantanamo Bay is Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the confessed organizer of the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington. A hearing in Mohammed's case was scheduled for Wednesday, and Tuesday night's order is expected to be discussed at that time, the military official told CNN.

Earlier Tuesday, the judge overseeing pretrial hearings for a 22-year-old prisoner facing trial for the killing of a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan hinted at the uncertain future for the case in an Obama administration.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28765761/
JERUSALEM - The Israeli military said early Wednesday that it had withdrawn all of its soldiers from the Gaza Strip.

The military said the pullout was completed before dawn on Wednesday.

Israel sent thousands of troops into the Palestinian territory earlier this month as part of a bruising offensive against militants who have terrorized southern Israel with rocket fire for years.

Both sides declared cease-fires that went into effect Sunday. But the truce has been shaky.

Israel reported mortar shelling from Gaza on Tuesday. The Palestinians said Israeli troops shot to death two farmers since the truce took hold.

The military said some troops remained massed on the Israeli side of the border and were prepared to take action if militant fire started up again.

I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:06 am

I'm all for them closing that place as quickly as possible. Though finding a place to put those people is probably going to prove more difficult than expected.

Additionally, it will be interesting to see what, if anything, the Obama administration does about prosecuting any of the previous administration for torturing the captives.

I'm all for moving forward and uniting the country, but I don't think people should get away with war crimes in the name of unity. It sets a dangerous precident.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 am

jkisha wrote:I'm all for them closing that place as quickly as possible. Though finding a place to put those people is probably going to prove more difficult than expected.

Additionally, it will be interesting to see what, if anything, the Obama administration does about prosecuting any of the previous administration for torturing the captives.

I'm all for moving forward and uniting the country, but I don't think people should get away with war crimes in the name of unity. It sets a dangerous precident.

JK

There's valuable vacation condo property there
Apollonaris Zeus

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:26 am

Apollonaris Zeus wrote:
jkisha wrote:I'm all for them closing that place as quickly as possible. Though finding a place to put those people is probably going to prove more difficult than expected.

JK

There's valuable vacation condo property there

Ya, but they need to make it illegal for U.S. citizens to go there again!. It's a pain flying through Mexico or getting a missionary exemption.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:33 am

JERUSALEM - The Israeli military said early Wednesday that it had withdrawn all of its soldiers from the Gaza Strip.

The military said the pullout was completed before dawn on Wednesday.

Israel sent thousands of troops into the Palestinian territory earlier this month as part of a bruising offensive against militants who have terrorized southern Israel with rocket fire for years.

Both sides declared cease-fires that went into effect Sunday. But the truce has been shaky.

Israel reported mortar shelling from Gaza on Tuesday. The Palestinians said Israeli troops shot to death two farmers since the truce took hold.

The military said some troops remained massed on the Israeli side of the border and were prepared to take action if militant fire started up again.

It was Israel's plan to take advantage of the final weeks of the Bush administration to launch their attack. They knew that Bush wouldn't do much if anything to stop them. Also part of the strategy was to declare a cease-fire before the inauguration, as Obama was an unknown quantity to them and they didn't' want to take the chance he would step in and thwart their plans. Hopefully Obama will have the balls to stand up to Israel both in word and deed--no more money until peace is achieved.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:03 am

LisaLuckyOne wrote:
jkisha wrote:Wish it could be invitation only.

If only Burningman were invitation only. In that case I'm quite certain you wouldn't have ever heard about it.

jkisha wrote:Sure took you long enough to figure out we didn't want you here posting in this thread to begin with.

That's might inclusive of you. Take your clique-mentality somewhere else.

It's an LA thing.

I tend to blow it off.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby Barbie » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:20 am

OHh I staring to think it was my NAME again...

and not just my charming ways (You all can call me Woodchipper from now on) but Now I understand its a SMELL A tttthhiiinnnggg - Us Hawaaii people take things soooooo personally

Hopefully we Can just STARt - no matter how .... Maybe it's just a vision that that there is Hope-

If you get enough people together with one VISION for our default world
a Vision of like what our community IS at BRC =
what if it could spread every WHERe -
LIke the oLD days ya know Small town kine- when you ALwaysssss helped your neighbors and you were HAPPY to do so - every one knows everyone and thats how its allllllll kept together and going 'cause your counting ONE another to be there.....

YES We CAN covert the default world into a VISION - I Have HOPE

OBANATION YEA I Believe!!!!

that he'll cut a lot of peeps Money off
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!
Barbie

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:41 am

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:26 am

DVD Burner wrote:I am leaving you folks to be hypocrites here.

Dont let me stop you.

I thought you were done with this thread...but you just can't stop yourself from stirring up trouble--sticking your nose in where it's not wanted. And obviously you must like that "LA thang"--you chose to live here. (Or did they kick you out of SF? Go away. It was you that said politics was for suckers--is that why you insist on continuing to post here?

You know, I've had the opportunity to meet some of your 'friends' (you know, the ones that also have never been to burning man--the fire at the beach crowd), and I can assure you that their impression of you is far different than your impression of yourself--lots of talk and very littly follow-through. Again--it's that legend in your own mind thing you got goin for you.

I guess if we want to start a thread about politics on eplaya I'll have to title it "Burning Man 2009" and you'll never bother to click on it.

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby Artemis » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:45 am

I've never ventured into the politics thread until yesterday when I read in other threads about it getting locked. My curiousity piqued, I peeked in.

I had wondered before....why we have to throw around insults about diapers, and midol and all that crap...and now I realize those are byproducts from the politics discussion, where that seems to be accepted.

Why don't you just choose to "ignore" or "disallow contact" those posters that you find so bothersome?
Artemis

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:51 am

OH MAN! I just discovered a WONDERFUL THING. There is this little button under a person's avatar that says "Add so-and-do to your ignore list" I clicked on it under DVDBurner's Avatar and all of his posts disappeared from my screen.

I'm doing the happy dance big time now. I can finally come to eplaya and not have to read any more of his crap!

I only wish someone would have told me about this wonderful feature sooner--like a year ago!

So go ahead and post all the vile swil you like cause--

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 am

jkisha wrote:He who laughs last thinks slowest.
JK

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:43 am

Artemis wrote:Why don't you just choose to "ignore" or "disallow contact" those posters that you find so bothersome?

LOL I wish you would have told me about that feature sooner! That's exactly what I did. Oh, and the midol had nothing to do with politics as I recall, just attitude. But I could be wrong--it's the ahlzheimers, you know. ;)

JK
JK
jkisha

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:48 am

I'm glad he has the plonker on. I can call him a dumb fuck and he'll never know. :lol: :P

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:49 am

Khadr trial may be halted
Obama administration presses for adjournment

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

GUANTANAMO BAY, Cuba -- The new administration of U.S. President Barack Obama has verbally ordered the prosecution to seek a 120-day adjournment in war-crimes cases at Guantanamo Bay.

The prosecution has filed a motion with the military commission in the case of Canadian Omar Khadr and those of the men accused of plotting the 9-11 attacks.

The motion will be argued first thing this morning.

The spokesman said it is still up to the judge to decide whether to grant what is known as a continuance.

The defence says it would not support such a motion, insisting the charges should instead be stayed.

In evidence yesterday, Khadr identified Canadian Maher Arar from a photograph the day before the U.S. sent the Ottawa software engineer to Syria where he was tortured, an FBI special agent testified - a confluence of events Khadr's lawyer derisively called an "amazing coincidence."

In contrast to testimony he gave Monday, special agent Robert Fuller told Khadr's war-crimes hearing that the young Canadian was not immediately able to name Arar, but did say he looked familiar.

"We gave him an opportunity to think about the photograph and where he may have seen him," Fuller said under cross-examination.

"A couple of minutes, maybe."

Fuller interrogated Khadr, who had just turned 16, on five different occasions in October at the U.S.-run Bagram prison in Afghanistan, where the badly injured teenager was taken following a deadly firefight near the Afghan town of Khost in July 2002.

The sole purpose of the Oct. 7 interview - the first of the five - was to see if Khadr could identify Arar.

The Toronto-born Khadr told his interrogators he had never seen Arar in Canada, but rather had seen him "several times" at an al-Qaida safehouse in Kabul, and possibly as well at a training camp just outside the Afghan capital, the agent said.

The safehouse was run by Abu Musab al-Siri, a Syrian considered to be a key al-Qaida strategist.

Fuller said he was unaware at the time of the interview that Arar had been detained in New York City two weeks earlier, having been pulled off his plane during a stopover en route back to Canada from Zurich following a vacation in the Middle East.

Nor did Fuller know the U.S. rendered Arar to Syria on Oct. 8 rather than follow normal practice and return him to Canada.

"Do you have any knowledge in fact that the lead you obtained from Omar Khadr led to Mr. Arar's deportation in October of 2002 to Syria, one day after you had obtained that information from Mr. Khadr?" Ruiz asked.

"No," Fuller said.

Lt.-Cmdr. Bill Kuebler, who is defending Khadr before a military commission, sarcastically called it an "amazing coincidence" the U.S. would send Arar to Syria the very day after the interrogation.

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby jkisha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:43 pm

David Letterman's "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches" farewell to GWB:

This is hysterical.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KogebxJkHig[/youtube]

JK
JK
jkisha

Next

Return to Open Discussion