Dont visit the Springs in 2003 - Complete BULLSHIT

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Dont visit the Springs in 2003 - Complete BULLSHIT

Postby boarhead » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:43 pm

We DID visit the springs on our way out via Jungo Road as a matter of fact and guess what we saw: Tanker trucks filling up with spring water.

Guess where all those trucking spraying water on the playa (offering Playa Showers) got their water?? Damn right, the SPRINGS!

"Dont go to the springs" was the cry not because of the "fragil ecosystem" but because the organizers didn't want folks to see the complete RAPING of the spot being done by the organizers themselves.

I think there is no doubt that the thousands of gallons pumped out of the springs during 2003 was WAY worse for the spot than the few dozen or so swimmers BM03 would have brought out there.
boarhead
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:29 am

Postby bushonk » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:55 pm

prove it. prove it. prove it.

oh wait, you can't.

Even if you saw the tanker trucks filling up there, prove that the organizers had anything to do with it.

Take this to the stopbm thread, troll
User avatar
bushonk
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:24 am
Location: NW of the burn

Postby Badger » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:01 pm

<yawn>

More roadside sniping form the clueless knuckle-draggers who brought us ALLANON3 and his distorted referencing of half-truths and falsehoods for fact.
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby boarhead » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:18 am

True, I have no proof, but I also don't have any reason to lie...

We left the morning after the Man burned about noon and headed out Jungo road past the springs about 1:00ish if I remember right and there was TWO trucks there at that time.

BTW, I LOVED my Burningman experiance and can't wait for the regional burn this coming Memorial day here in Texas.

If you want to find out yourself, just ask the organizers where they got the water... they might actually tell the truth.
boarhead
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:29 am

Postby Badger » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:47 am

True, I have no proof, but I also don't have any reason to lie...


Thus, what I say is true.

Gotta fucking LOVE the logic boarhead.

Do you practice stupididty for a living? A hobby? The almost elementary 'elegence' of your argument suggests a post-doc.
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby boarhead » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:00 am

Stupidity? Instead of attempting to verbally attack me for offering information why don't you show some intelligence yourself and find out where that water came from.

Whether you (or anyone else) believes me or not makes no difference to me. I posted exactly what I saw, do with that information as you see fit.

Personally, I love the fact that you don't even question where the water came from. You think Ozarka donated it? Gerlach okayed those trucks to take it from their hydrants? Hauled all the way from the nearest lake?

Nope, the nearest source was the springs and it was FREE...
boarhead
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:29 am

Postby III » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:32 am

[this is all my current understanding - i may be out of date]

there are a number of springs at the site called frog pond. it is private land, and it and its water rights are currently leased by brcllc. the dpw engaged in some dredging and clearing at the site to provide access to cold water artesian wells which previously just ran off into the brush. these cold springs (which are near, but separate from the hot spring at that site) are the source for most of the water used for dust abatement at burning man.

i'm not sure i understand the complaint - would you care to restate it?
User avatar
III
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:14 pm

Postby Badger » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:12 am

Personally, I love the fact that you don't even question where the water came from. You think Ozarka donated it? Gerlach okayed those trucks to take it from their hydrants? Hauled all the way from the nearest lake?


I know where the water comes from. I know how the water got there. I know where the water is going. In fact I know a lot more about water on the playa than you'd probably think.

I know because I started asking questions and seeking the answers a long time ago. I know more now than I did then because I haven't stopped asking the questions.

Oh, and I also know a bit about the situation you distorted. I know because I checked. I know because there was never any secret or attempt to hide the fact that a water source for dust abatement was necessary.

Instead of attempting to verbally attack me for offering information


The stament was one based more apparent fact than a verbal attack (see below).

NOTE:Main Entry: 1stu·pid
Pronunciation: 'stü-p&d, 'styü-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French stupide, from Latin stupidus, from
stupEre to be numb, be astonished -- more at TYPE
1 a : slow of mind : OBTUSE b : given to unintelligent decisions
or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c : lacking
intelligence or reason : BRUTISH
2 : dulled in feeling or sensation : TORPID <still stupid from the
sedative>
3 : marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting :
SENSELESS

Your thinking in the original post is unreasoned. BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION when you wrote:
True, I have no proof, but I also don't have any reason to lie...
you exhibited unreasoned thinking because you made a statement of fact about something you observed. Not knowing the basis (or background) of what you saw you make a fantastical leap and assigned cause to an action which you can show know proof.

I stand by my declaration. You showed a bucket load of stupidity in your irresponsible posting. It was stupid.

BTW, be grateful I bridled myself from throwing in the word 'ass.'[/quote]
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby Isotopia » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:18 am

Must....

.............fix............the

edit.....function.....
User avatar
Isotopia
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:26 am

Postby DE FACTO » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 am

Isotopia wrote:Must....

.............fix............the

edit.....function.....


Ya see.....I dont need no stinkin edit function.:twisted:
even though...........
User avatar
DE FACTO
 
Posts: 1263
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:02 am

Postby KellY » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:22 am

Ditto what Trey said. There is a new cold-water well/trench that was dug recently, which I am pretty damn sure the event uses for water for the roads (it's also nice to swim in ). As for damaging the ecosystem, the only difference I see is that there's a whole lot of new plant life around the trench area now that the water has been brought to the surface.

So yes, it is quite likely you saw trucks. Let's not be too hasty to cry "Ecological Destruction!" though, hmmm?
"Of what use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings?" -Diogenes
User avatar
KellY
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:32 am

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:24 am

badger reading books and asking questions does not make you an expert on anything. do you have a degree in this field? that's what i thought.

closed minded people think they know everything yet they know so little. someday they learn that the hard way.
Guest
 

Postby stuart » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:55 am

do you have a degree in this field? that's what i thought.


is this what makes one an expert? Funny, I know many folks with communications degrees who seem anything but experts in communication. Same goes for any other number of fields.

However, seems like reading books and asking questions is a pretty good start down the path of expertdom

btw

expert : having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience.

don't see nothin bout college specifically up there
User avatar
stuart
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:45 am
Location: East of Lincoln

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:03 pm

Allanon03 is Badgers sock. seriously.

as Allanon03 he is being facetious. Not even good at being a sock.

I did a better job.
Image

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
User avatar
DVD Burner
 
Posts: 9741
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:09 am

Postby Badger » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:30 pm

badger reading books and asking questions does not make you an expert on anything. do you have a degree in this field? that's what i thought.


As a matter of fact, I do.

My undergraduate degree is in Environmental Science with emphasis on damaged and disturbed ecosystems (University of Virginia - 1982 and University of Edinburgh).

Past undergrad employment includes U.S. Forestry Service, Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Department of Interior, as well as logistics technician for the Cousteau Society during their 1980-1982 Amazon River Expedition.

Any other questions? That's what I thought.
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby Badger » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:35 pm

Quote:
Allanon03 is Badgers sock. seriously.

as Allanon03 he is being facetious. Not even good at being a sock.



I'd ask you to prove that. In the mean time I'll draw the admin's attention to this post which I consider accusatory and without merit.
.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Image
.
User avatar
Badger
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:43 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:46 pm

i guess those colleges failed to teach civility and critial thinking. open mindedeness was overlooked too. your last post reminds me of a 5 year old running to mommy to whine. if a topic gets hot you find ways to use the tos to stop it. the admins should be smart enough to keep hands off petty spats and let it go.
Guest
 

Postby Alpha » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:50 pm

Allanon03 wrote:i guess those colleges failed to teach civility and critial thinking. open mindedeness was overlooked too. your last post reminds me of a 5 year old running to mommy to whine. if a topic gets hot you find ways to use the tos to stop it. the admins should be smart enough to keep hands off petty spats and let it go.


Oh get off it already. You implied that he lacked the educational credentials to make a claim about how the land is used, and he put you in your place. I'm perfectly willing to hear debate over whether or not BM is abusing its priveleges on BLM land but you keep changing the subject whenever someone beats you at your own game.
User avatar
Alpha
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:55 pm

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:12 pm

I too have a diploma or two.

Pardon me while I whip the big one out.

Image
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
User avatar
Bob
 
Posts: 6762
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:00 am
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby admin » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:06 pm

Allanon03 wrote: the admins should be smart enough to keep hands off petty spats and let it go.


Petty spats, yes. Pathological tendencies to continually make false accusations and harass other eplaya memebers, no.

Citing Section 7. e of the TOS, I have deactivated Allanon03. If anyone has an issue with this, feel free to dicuss it with me in the Case Studies thread under Eplaya feedback, where I will post this action in a moment.

~technopatra~
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 9:52 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby stuart » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:18 pm

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside

<really>
User avatar
stuart
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:45 am
Location: East of Lincoln

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:06 pm

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

[crickets]
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
User avatar
Bob
 
Posts: 6762
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:00 am
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby PurpleKoosh » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:36 pm

Bob wrote:I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Sure it wasn't just heartburn?
:twisted:
Image
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
User avatar
PurpleKoosh
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:26 pm
Location: Silly Valley, CA
Burning Since: 2003

Postby stuart » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:20 pm

is that a hardware wars reference?
User avatar
stuart
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:45 am
Location: East of Lincoln

Postby PurpleKoosh » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:36 pm

stuart wrote:is that a hardware wars reference?

*hands the man a cigar*
Image
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
User avatar
PurpleKoosh
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:26 pm
Location: Silly Valley, CA
Burning Since: 2003

wow someone else knows that allanon3 is also badger :)

Postby allanon2 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:41 pm

thanks DVD burner for agreign which 2 other people.




DVD Burner wrote:Allanon03 is Badgers sock. seriously.

as Allanon03 he is being facetious. Not even good at being a sock.

I did a better job.
allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

thankyouadmin for doignthis. shoudl have been done months ag

Postby allanon2 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:43 pm

thnaks fo rdoingwhat is right.
takes a while. but thanks for being a good admin and standignup for your rules and regulations. wish it occured when badger and his sock threaetned and blackmail me. well tried.
but thanks :)

rex scates

admin wrote:
Allanon03 wrote: the admins should be smart enough to keep hands off petty spats and let it go.


Petty spats, yes. Pathological tendencies to continually make false accusations and harass other eplaya memebers, no.

Citing Section 7. e of the TOS, I have deactivated Allanon03. If anyone has an issue with this, feel free to dicuss it with me in the Case Studies thread under Eplaya feedback, where I will post this action in a moment.

~technopatra~
allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

which springs are you talking about?

Postby allanon2 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:45 pm

I have pictures of north tree fire protection tryign to take water out of trego.

we all know they take water out of frog pond.

if nto these two what other ones?
ttyl
rex


boarhead wrote:We DID visit the springs on our way out via Jungo Road as a matter of fact and guess what we saw: Tanker trucks filling up with spring water.

Guess where all those trucking spraying water on the playa (offering Playa Showers) got their water?? Damn right, the SPRINGS!

"Dont go to the springs" was the cry not because of the "fragil ecosystem" but because the organizers didn't want folks to see the complete RAPING of the spot being done by the organizers themselves.

I think there is no doubt that the thousands of gallons pumped out of the springs during 2003 was WAY worse for the spot than the few dozen or so swimmers BM03 would have brought out there.
allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

which springs are you talking about?

Postby allanon2 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:46 pm

I have pictures of north tree fire protection tryign to take water out of trego.

we all know they take water out of frog pond.

if nto these two what other ones?
ttyl
rex


boarhead wrote:We DID visit the springs on our way out via Jungo Road as a matter of fact and guess what we saw: Tanker trucks filling up with spring water.

Guess where all those trucking spraying water on the playa (offering Playa Showers) got their water?? Damn right, the SPRINGS!

"Dont go to the springs" was the cry not because of the "fragil ecosystem" but because the organizers didn't want folks to see the complete RAPING of the spot being done by the organizers themselves.

I think there is no doubt that the thousands of gallons pumped out of the springs during 2003 was WAY worse for the spot than the few dozen or so swimmers BM03 would have brought out there.
allanon2
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 pm

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:39 am

allanon2 wrote:agreign

Does anyone else find the use of this term insluting?
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37405
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Next

Return to Experiences at Burning Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest