Stag Camp

Postby Leslie218 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:39 am

you gave me a piece of thread, which i cherish.
Leslie218

Postby jets » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 pm

I just want you, my fellow Staggers, to know: I am ALWAYS thinking about you all (in a loving way, not a creepy way :)
Thanks for the memories that I'll always carry with me, until we meet again to create even more!
jets

Postby jets » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:57 pm

[quote="mzfit"] I have come to love the smell of playa dust! [/quote]

Same here :)
The bags that hold my tent and sleeping bag are still filled with playa dust. Recently I took my tent out and set it up just to see what kind of shape it's in, and within seconds I was literally covered in dust. But I didn't mind - I kinda hoped that would happen.
jets

Postby seeka » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:08 pm

I keep a small bowl of playa on my kitchen table. Everytime someone asks why I have dirt on the table I smile and reply "Burning Man"....they don't get it.
By the way I too am always thinking of you all (in the creepy way :twisted: )
XOXOxoxoXOxoxOOX
Missing you all
)'(
seeka

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:59 am

If anyone is up for a little nostalgia...Tribe has been transported back to 6/16/2008. It was fun for me to read some of the posts and get back to that feel of building that happens before the burn. A bunch of my stuff is gone though. If this is the end of Tribe (Isn't it always) we can all connect here and the various other ways of networking we have Staggered in to.
I miss you guys. I'm really looking forward to the next burn, meeting up with new and old friends and just being there. All you newbies and veterans are fantastic people. I wish you well where ever you are! Stagger on!
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby sarahbellum911 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Cross Post from Tribe....

So it's up...and it's down...and it's up again. I am going to lose my mind if I lose contact!

I remember a few conversations during the week about alternatives and just wanted to open the conversation again. Any and all ideas are welcome and I am more than willing to help set up/admin to the best of my abilities.

Some ideas....

our own url ie stagcamp.com
join another network ie yahoo groups

I also stumbled across http://triberefugees.ning.com/ The format is a little different, but I think it could really work if we joined as a "group". The rules are tighter regarding pictures but hey..that's what photobucket and flickr are for...this way we wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.

Hope you are all doing well and that you still find bits of dust. (I ended up with some on my arm a few weeks ago and just had to taste it again)
~Sarah
sarahbellum911

Postby motskyroonmatick » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:26 pm

I can barely operate a computer so I don't know much about the ins and outs of setting up our own site. I am in favor of a stable place to form the group but have no idea how to select one. I do miss the good old days where tribe was up more than down.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Postby SonOfUgly » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 pm

sarahbellum911 wrote:

that you still find bits of dust. (I ended up with some on my arm a few weeks ago and just had to taste it again)
~Sarah

i still have not washed my truck canopy, theres still a little oultline of the man in dust that joe traced on as i was just packing up on my way out. I also have a bag that has random stuff that i wont really use till next year and it is FULL of dust :D
SonOfUgly

Postby jasonburnswell » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:42 pm

STAAAAAAGGEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby SonOfUgly » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:00 pm

S
T
A
G
G
G
G
E
R

O
N

:arrow:
SonOfUgly

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:02 pm

motskyroonmatick

Tribe replacement for Stag

Postby mzfit » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:14 pm

OK - so as part of the quest to find a tribe replacement - I think we may be on to something. My wife has done a LOT of work with proboards - and so I asked her to develop something for us. Right now it is VERY preliminary. It's a skeleton that we need to personalize and make it into OUR space. So check it out and give some feedback. We have had some beta testers working on it this week and it seems to be working fairly well.

ONE of the VERY cool things that she did was to add a chatroom at the bottom of the page. It's a place where you can chat with anyone that is online and browsing at the time.

For now we have open enrollment - I figure mebbe round June/July we can lock it down.

[url]stagcamp.proboards.com/index.cgi[/url]
mzfit

Postby jasonburnswell » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:57 pm

hello kittens!
pure jason love going out to the stagger community!
thought i'd remind you guys that eplaya is still here if we need it!
lovelovelovelovelove
the jason
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby seeka » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 am

Jason,you beat me to it. So yeah, what he said ^ :)
)'(
seeka

Postby jasonburnswell » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:07 pm

ptttsss.....
i can see your balls...
in dust we trust
jasonburnswell

Postby C.f.M. » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:25 am

I'm going to bring two slices of gluten-free bread, and I fully expect one of those Pringles sandwiches.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Previous

Return to 2008 Theme Camps