Dreamyourtopia Afterburn (Dallas-Amsterdam)

Dreamyourtopia Afterburn (Dallas-Amsterdam)

Postby dadara » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:59 pm

I'm not back home yet after the adventures of the Department of Dreamland Security in the desert, but at least back in the real world, as far as one can call Dallas "real"

Beginning of next year we'll move back to Amsterdam. finally calling this adventure an end, or is life just one never ending adventure?

It was amazing for me to see the effect the Checkpoint had on the "immigrants" passing through. I'd like to thank all passing through for making this real. I had no idea beforehand how the biggest challenge would work out: manning and running the checkpoint the whole week and keeping fingers crossed that it would work. well it did.

I'm still burned out in many ways, physically, financially, mentally etc. but getting back in shape more and more every day.

Next year the Checkpoint will travel to Amsterdam to the Lowlands Festival. And we started working on turning all the filmed footage into a Dreamyourtopia movie. I will keep y'all posted about new developments!

Two things will stay behind though; the small "My Bar is your Bar" and the Dreamyourtopia Border Patrol car.

So I'm now seeing if I can find a good home for them , before leaving the States in January!

So Far

Keep on Dreamin' and keep on Burnin'

PS check http://current.com/items/89252184_checkpoint_dreamyourtopia
for a small aftertaste

dadara

Dreamyourtopia trailer first version online!

Postby dadara » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:41 pm

Any feedback, thoughts, ideas, criticism, praise etc. etc. appreciated........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MqDLClb6nw[/youtube]
dadara

Postby ibdave » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:47 pm

I wouldn't DREAM of changing anything... Great job here and on the Playa... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Dreamyourtopia Art Car for Sale!

Postby dadara » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 pm

It has put a smile on the face of many people and is continuing to do so every day still, but since
I'll be leaving Dallas mid-January to return to Amsterdam, the sad reality is that I have to find a new owner for my Burning Man Art Car, part of my Checkpoint Dreamyourtopia project

It's a customized 1995 Chevy Caprice Stationwagon 125.000 miles.
And yes, the emergency lights are working.........( see pic above )

I hope with the new owner the car might make the pilgrimage back to the Playa next year.
(I'll be operating the Checkpoint at the Dutch Lowlands Festival around that period)

good news is that the small bar has found a new owner and will continue serving mini-drinks in the States
:D
dadara

Postby wedeliver » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:58 pm

dadara your art, your energy, your ability to communicate are some of the reasons that your efforts are so successful. I wish we could have gotten together in Holland, but at least my wife and cousin got to meet you on the Playa.

If you are interested in "feedback, thoughts, ideas, criticism, praise etc. etc. appreciated" all I can say is THANKS!!

Thank you very much for all you have done to make the Burning Man event that much better. Several times over the last several years you have brought beautiful, thought provoking, interesting BIG interactive art projects to our little camping trip in the desert. Thank you, and as you know, myself, my bride and my business will always be available to provide any assistance we can.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby Toolmaker » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:28 am

It'd be nice to see your artcar at greeters, not sure who you could talk to. I think if you talked to the ORG and allowed them use and control when you're not "in town" maybe a home could be found at the ranch or something. After all its not a piece of crap or anything.. car like that could get another 10 years with a good wrench hand and regular maintenance.

If not I hope somebody cool gets a hold of it and keeps it around. Maybe perimeter could use it to offset the scary lookin whips they have about. ;)

Who knows maybe some flame effects could be added. :twisted:
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Dreamyourtopia coming to Dallas (8th and 10th of Jan)

Postby dadara » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:01 am

THE DEPARTMENT OF DREAMLAND SECURITY AND DADARA INVITE YOU TO
CHECKPOINT DREAMYOURTOPIA
A BORDER CONTROL CHECKPOINT TO ENTER YOUR OWN DREAMS
DATE AND TIME : JANUARY 10TH 2009
5.00 PM - 10.00 PM (DOORS CLOSE 9.00 PM)
CENTRALTRAK, 800 EXPOSITION AVENUE, DALLAS, TX 75226, PHONE 214-8249302

Bring a passportphoto, 4 dollars administration fee,
and Immigration Form WXRZYQ SFG 23587-492 A
http://www.dadara.nl/checkpoint/immigration-forms.htm
to obtain your Dream Passport stamped with the right visa.

I will also give an Artist talk about Dreamyourtopia on the 8th of January
7.30 PM at the Theater in the Center for Creative
Connections at the Dallas Museum of Art,
1717 N. Harwood St, Dallas, TX 75201
dadara

good news and bad news

Postby dadara » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:06 am

Good news: My container containing the whole Checkpoint Dreamyourtopia project has arrived safely in the Netherlands, passed border control and is now unloaded and in storage and apart from a few minor scratches and bruises survived pretty well.
21st, 22nd and 23rd of August the Checkpoint will be operational at the Lowlands Festival.

Bad news: since the Lowlands festival is one week before Burning Man it seems I won't be doing anything on the Playa this year.
Who knows; last minute I might decide to book a flight and arrive at Reno with a cardboard sign saying "Burning Man"

So this year I won't be posting here on this forum a lot any more, but if you want to stay updated, please check the http://www.dreamyourtopia.com website and/or the http://dreamyourtopia.blogspot.com/ blog

yours dreamingly

Dadara
dadara

Checkpoint Dreamyourtopia's final destination: Berlin

Postby dadara » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:55 pm

After succesfully completing immigration procedures at the Lowlands Festival, the Department of Dreamland Security has now set up Headquarters in Berlin, where the Checkpoint will again protect the border between Dreams and Reality on the 7th and 8th of November. During those days the Checkpoint will be slowly transformed by graffiti artists and covered in paint. And finally the Walls between Reality and Dreams will be smashed to pieces with sledgehammer, thus freeing Dreams again!

All will happen exactly 20 years after the Berlin Wall came tumbling down.

And all will not happen in a desert, but in an old swimmingpool; Stattbad Wedding.

Hoping to see some Berlin, German, European and maybe even American Dreamers there.

Yours Dreamingly

Dadara

dadara

Return to 2009 Art & Performance