Disposable Camera discouragement...

Disposable Camera discouragement...

Postby armi.jestage » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:15 pm

It was the night of the burn as dust, smoke, and faramones filled the air... An eventful night fit for travellers was now but a memory, cherished and broken, with my final approach to the Oppulent Temple at hand. The sun played her rays o'er the distant hills as boundaries disolved to twilight. Completely playafied and doused in the essence of music/art, the enchanting rage breached rationality and a whirlwind spiral of love swept me away from myself. Upon suffering the return from this bliss, exhausted and weakening, a little piece of my memory had slipped from my possession. (no not any substances haha) Retiring to one of my casual "go-to" places for the next few hours or so, I come to notice my second (and best I believe) disposable camera was not in my pack. I had brought only two cameras to the burn this year, and the one I hoped most to come back with was gone. For myself as for many, this comes as a devastating realization.
I come to you all now in search of a lost piece of me (as it were), so that I may share my immediate experiences with those less fortunate (with a little more than my seemingly exaggerated but all too true stories).

In detail, my name is Jestage and my raiment consisted of nothing more than a distinguishable Elf hat (similar to Links for those of you who are in the know) and brown or green shorts. I would also at most times have a brown camelback on. Curiosity or kindness may have inspired the individual who found it to go through with the developement of the film.
So please, anyone of my lovely burners who may have come across any photos that match my description or the camera itself, help me if you may. With the upmost appreciation and love, thank you all.
armi.jestage

Postby LisaLuckyOne » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:59 pm

I got a contact high just from reading the post above.

I miss Boulder.
It's better to be Lucky!
LisaLuckyOne

Postby fciron » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:56 pm

Misleading subject lines and incomprehensible posts are not gonna help you get your camera back. Although I do have a vague memory of seeing a half naked Link. :)
fciron

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Next year remember to put a sticky label with your email address or phone number on it. If it was turned into the llc they may have developed the pictures and posted them on line and they will return them to you if you claim it. I don't know where exactly they do this.

And I'm sorry about your Tourette's bad prosody thing. Must be a real hassle.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby bigbluedoggy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:11 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31510987@N02/sets/72157608119545876/

Here ya go. Good luck!

And what the hell are you smoking?
If everyone is special... no one is.

I do believe I will go to Burning Man...
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby Sail Man » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:50 am

bigbluedoggy wrote:And what the hell are you smoking?

Alaskan Thunderfuck? :lol:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby armi.jestage » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:26 pm

Incomprehensible, misleading, bad prosody, assumptions of substance abuse...? Ouch. I was looking for a little compassion here. My hopes were that you might enjoy the brief descriptive post, not ridicule it. The means of retrieval which have been suggested are much obliged, and I give thanks to those individuals. Sure I could have dumbed it down a bit for just another boring post.
Maybe this will help you seemingly mislead, confused folk.

Hey fellow burners, I seemed to have made a stupid mistake and lost my camera late Saturday night/ Sunday morning at the Opulent Temple. It was a blue disposable camera. I've checked many of the "lost camera" links and miscellaneous albums witout any luck. If anyone recalls seeing random pictures of a semi-naked Elvish looking "Link" character and knows where I might access them, I would be deeply thankful for any leads you can provide.
Thank you for all your help.
armi.jestage

Postby fciron » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:13 am

"Disposable Camera Discouragement" sounds like the title of a thread pleading with us not use disposable cameras because they contain some chemical that is highly toxic to puppies or unicorns or some crap like that.

While I appreciate a little color in a post rather than a boring list of missing crap, in your original post the details of the lost items were completely overwhelmed with color.

There is also an entire seperate category for lost objects from the playa. If your post two paragraphs of purple prose in the "2008 Art and Performance" category then you should not whine if the art critics show up.

I believe the category for lost cameras and electronic gadgets is here. http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewforum.php?f=115

Here is the thread where you hope a kind person has posted the discovery of your camera
http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewforum.php?f=122
Strickland Propane is proud to be supplying liquified natural gas explosive power to the art installations of the mega festival Burning Man!!!
fciron

Postby armi.jestage » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:19 am

Noted.
armi.jestage

Postby fciron » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 am

Cool. Now go the 'The Bar' thread and have a drink on me.

:wink:
fciron

Postby Sail Man » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:01 am

fciron wrote:Cool. Now go the 'The Bar' thread and have a drink on me.

:wink:

FC, I think that you may have "drifted" away from the initial theme of this thread, which was one of discouragement.

Encouraging a.j to go to "The Bar" and having a drink on you runs counter to the theme of "discouragement".

You should be ashamed of yourself, one more slip-up and we'll have to ground you from Steampunking. :P

Sail Man

Postby fciron » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:06 am

Hmmm, discouraging the use of disposable cameras is steampunk. We use glass plates. :lol:

They are obviously inappropriate for burning man. Here is what Kodak says about theirs
KODAK Single Use Cameras loaded with new 800-speed film now provides brighter colors along with unbeatable clarity, and guarantees clearer, sharper, brighter pictures in any condition -- indoors, outdoors, action or still pictures!

That sounds nothing like Bman.

Also, as I stated earlier, every time you use one a puppy explodes. It explodes slowly.
fciron

Postby chiefdanfox » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:36 am

Actually, the op should have been in sonnet format, either iambic or trochaic pentameter:

This sad and wrenching tale post I unto;
pictures of grace, of mirth, of filth, of dust
so grateful would I find that wee room do
filled with joy and dancing and lo, some lust.

Grief holds my heart in a gravity well
so deep, so strong, more than Jupiter's touch.
Find thee my lost box of magic in hell
would I not dive straight into Satan's clutch?

Many temples burned and moons past on high,
so too many thoughts and ruminations,
I weep for the pictures hiding not nigh;
if could I discern through calculations.

Fare thee well my disposable comrade
I forgot to label you, that's my bad.
chiefdanfox

Postby armi.jestage » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:55 am

:D Well put!
armi.jestage

Postby Sail Man » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:12 pm

fciron wrote:Hmmm, discouraging the use of disposable cameras is steampunk. We use glass plates. :lol:

They are obviously inappropriate for burning man. Here is what Kodak says about theirs
KODAK Single Use Cameras loaded with new 800-speed film now provides brighter colors along with unbeatable clarity, and guarantees clearer, sharper, brighter pictures in any condition -- indoors, outdoors, action or still pictures!

Also, as I stated earlier, every time you use one a puppy explodes. It explodes slowly.

Hmmm, is that ev time I use a disposable camera, or is it ev time I actually take a picture with said disposable camera. I'm trying to figure out if I'm a plain run of the mill serial puppy exploder, or a really prolific serial puppy exploder, doomed to spend all of eternity scooping poop in the pound. :cry:

Sail Man

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Sail Man wrote:
fciron wrote:Hmmm, discouraging the use of disposable cameras is steampunk. We use glass plates. :lol:

Hmmm, is that ev time I use a disposable camera, or is it ev time I actually take a picture with said disposable camera. I'm trying to figure out if I'm a plain run of the mill serial puppy exploder, or a really prolific serial puppy exploder, doomed to spend all of eternity scooping poop in the pound. :cry:
Actually, we need to be using more disposable cameras. All those puppies are the result of people who just won't get thier dogs fixed. Exploding the puppies is kinder than letting them starve to death.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Sail Man » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:18 pm

well, once we blow them all up, at least we don't have to worry about too many puppies with guns in their hands :D

Sail Man

Postby Gage » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:21 am

Sail Man wrote:

*hands SM the blunt*
"Not everyone who is single is lonely; not everyone who is taken is in love." I'm a seeker of (& full participant in) present-moment magic, and nothing beats playa love! <3
Gage

Camp Name: Shadyvil

Postby gyre » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:25 am

They aren't actually disposable.
They ship them to Burma where little children reload them for people that are too fucking lazy to do it and then they ship them back to the stores.
gyre

Postby Sail Man » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:49 am

GageNdG wrote:
Sail Man wrote:

*hands SM the blunt*

"toke toke, toke" Mmmmm, ok, who brought the twinkies? 8)

Sail Man

Postby klondike_bar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:13 am

fciron wrote:Also, as I stated earlier, every time you use one a puppy explodes. It explodes slowly.

exploding slowly is called expansion last i checked.
does it expand then pop?, or just slow-moving gore-shrapnel?

PS: no twinkies, but i got 3 boxes of pop-tarts in the kitchen :p
klondike_bar

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:56 pm

So what kind of gizmo do I have to use if I want to implode LOL Cats?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Sail Man » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:11 am

theCryptofishist wrote:So what kind of gizmo do I have to use if I want to implode LOL Cats?

Take your pick Crypto :D

http://www.blackcatfireworks.com/c-9-firecrackers.aspx

Oh wait, you said "implode". Well, I didnt find a handy dandy cat imploder but I did find this:

http://store.appliancezone.com/servlet/-strse-50630/1052-stainless-steel-trash/Detail

:twisted:

Sail Man

Return to 2008 Art & Performance