2012: The Last Burn

Fertility 2.0 - Black Rock City is a kind of Petri dish. Theme camps cling in fertile clusters to its latticework of streets, artworks tumble out of it, like pollen on the air. These nodes of interaction mutate, grow and reproduce their kind. Burning Man communities have now escaped this capsule world: our culture in a Petri dish has effloresced - it spreads across five continents. This year's art theme contemplates the tendency of any being or living system to create abundant life.

Postby jkisha » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:52 pm

DoriumLux wrote:

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

OK YOU WIN!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Now where are those drinks ygmir???

JK
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ygmir » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:27 pm

jkisha wrote:
DoriumLux wrote:

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

OK YOU WIN!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Now where are those drinks ygmir???

JK

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:OFzO28xsx8n8IM:http://photos.friendster.com/photos/81/80/63480818/1_166976452l.jpg
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:33 pm

maybe this works better........?.....

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby jkisha » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:48 pm

ygmir wrote:maybe this works better........?.....

Ahhh, yes. Cheers!

JK
jkisha

Postby Fire_Moose » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:35 am

Damn i missed the show....

How is making someone sterile not taking them out of the gene pool?
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:46 am

'cause you're not killing them............
you're taking their offspring out, though.............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby jkisha » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:15 am

ygmir wrote:'cause you're not killing them............

Well, if they were sterilized and couldn't reproduce, their genes are effectively removed from the pool, no? --hell if they need my assistance, they sure as hell won't be able to afford cloning. :D

And I certainly wouldn't want to kill them...hell, someone might start calling me Hitler or something. :wink:

JK
jkisha

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:21 am

jkisha wrote:

Well, if they were sterilized and couldn't reproduce, their genes are effectively removed from the pool, no? --hell if they need my assistance, they sure as hell won't be able to afford cloning. :D

And I certainly wouldn't want to kill them...hell, someone might start calling me Hitler or something. :wink:

JK

yes, their genes are removed, not them, though..........ergo, the offspring comment........I know, semantics...hahaha, I guess I just got bored.......

So, chairman Mao................
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Fire_Moose » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:36 am

I'll just let them have kids then kill their children...might send the message better.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy
Fire_Moose

Postby unjonharley » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:24 am

It's not 2012 yet

The stock market just took a dump..

What am I suppose to do? Run in circles scream and shout? Jump out the window? It only 18 inches off the ground.
unjonharley

Postby Simon of the Playa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:39 am

hey, i got an idea...

grab all of the "stuff" you wanna keep and we'll all meet out in the desert and party until this whole shit-storm blows over, what do you think?
A truckload of Liquor and another full of Bacon and X, and, oh yeah, water.

maybe we could burn things too.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:55 am

I'm there............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby unjonharley » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:26 pm

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... _of_bacon/
Burnley sees 'rasher' of thefts of bacon
7:40am Saturday 20th September 2008
comment Comments (4)   Have your say »
Photograph of the Author By Jon Livesey »

THE soaring price of bacon has led to an increase in thefts and a rise in 'black market' trading across East Lancashire.
And one shop in Burnley has already removed its bacon supply from the self-service fridge with customers having to ask at the till if they want to buy a pack.
Other shopkeepers said they have experienced similar problems with shoplifters targeting the meat on their shelves.

Butchers said that the price of bacon was increasing with financial experts blaming rising demand from China for pushing up prices.
And police said thieves target the meat, often to order, because it is 'easy to sell' due to high demand.

In the Londis store, at Kitchens
Garage, Trafalgar Street, Burnley, a sign has been put up on its fridge saying: "Due to the fact that our bacon is so delicious the shoplifters can't resist it.
"If you would like to try some please ask at the tills."

The store manager, who asked not to be named, said she took the decision to put the sign up in a bid to foil thieves.
She added: "I put the sign up after shoplifters emptied the shelf for two days running and I was sick of them taking it.

"It's a regular thing - we catch a few and they stop but then it starts again.
"They steal it because they can sell it. Someone stole a load of cheese from the shelf yesterday."

Figures from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) show that the price of bacon has almost doubled in the past year and food price inflation has jumped to 10 per cent in August.

Demand from China, which eats more pork products than anywhere else in the world, has also driven up the price, especially since a UK ban on exporting the meat was lifted last month.

Local award-winning butcher Stephen Berkins, who has a shop on Rosegrove Lane, Burnley, confirmed that the average price for a pack of bacon is between £2.50 and £3.50 depending on the quality.
He said: "The price of bacon has gone up recently. The average cost for a pound of bacon is around £3 or £3.50 for the dry-cured."
Police confirmed that there has been a recent increase in bacon thefts and said it is an 'ongoing' issue.

Sgt Phil Carter, of Burnley
Police, said: "Heroin addicts steal it, along with items like coffee, because it is an easy commodity to sell and easy to conceal in a jacket.

"They often steal it to order and then sell it for half the price of what it is sold for in the shops.

"If a wrap of heroin costs around £10, they only need to sell a few packs of bacon to pay for it and they can steal that in one fell swoop.

"They target stores like Londis because they have 24-hour opening times and are self service."

A shop assistant at the One Stop store, in King Street, Bacup said they have had to 'limit' the number of packs of bacon on display after thieves repeatedly stole the product from the fridge.
#
unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 pm

They get serious about heisting it downunder- 16 metric tons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vrsLeaSxk
_
unjonharley

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Fire Moose:
how about making "long pork" bacon, and, solve two problems at once.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Silly Monkey's

Postby Troy Van Berry » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Don't you know? It's not going to end, just going on the road. They will be holding it in stadiums all over the world, rock concert style. :roll:
The art is in the details
Troy Van Berry

Postby DoriumLux » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:52 pm

jkisha wrote:

JK

Okay, again... You don't get the Hitler reference because it seems to me you are fairly dense and please, PLEASE do some research before you start talking genetics and perhaps then you will *get* the reference. Talking about things you do not know about only highlights your ignorance.

Besides some of the greatest philanthropists, creators, artists and inventors all had very poor beginnings and many rich men have been knocked from their pedestals into poverty.
DoriumLux

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:17 pm

DoriumLux wrote:
jkisha wrote:

JK

Okay, again... You don't get the Hitler reference because it seems to me you are fairly dense and please, PLEASE do some research before you start talking genetics and perhaps then you will *get* the reference. Talking about things you do not know about only highlights your ignorance.

Besides some of the greatest philanthropists, creators, artists and inventors all had very poor beginnings and many rich men have been knocked from their pedestals into poverty.

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby jkisha » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:47 pm

DoriumLux wrote:

Then why don't you just spell it out for me. Actually, don't bother I really don't give a shit.

And again, I wasn't suggesting killing anybody, just sterilizing them until they got off the dole--assuming they did, they could have the procedure reversed and go on reproducing till their uterus falls out.

And there is no benefit speculating on the potential of the unborn. Can't miss the contributions of something that never was. And rich men (or women) that have been knocked from pedestals tend to elevate themselves back up again, and those artist types, well that's just their chosen lot in life. Though these days most artist with even marginal talent and great marketing skills tend to do quite well for themselves.

Now I'm tired of this conversation, let's change the topic to...hmmm...let's say....the inhumane treatment of farm animals or euthanasia for our grandparents or something along those lines.

You need to toughen your skin...maybe you should spend a few years listening to Rush Limbaugh.

JK
jkisha

Postby jkisha » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:50 pm

LMAO...Where do you come up with those smilies! You trying to say she's beating a dead horse?

I love people like her. They take life and posting on the Internet way too seriously.

JK
jkisha

Postby ygmir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Can't get much by you JK...........

I hope to bring a smile or giggle, at least at times.........

I like to think, those that disagree with me, are just like newborn puppies...........
I love 'em, and, they're cute, and, if I nurture them enough, they'll one day open thier eyes and see the real world......until then, I just let them the suckle......

hahahahahaha

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:04 am

jkisha wrote:And rich men (or women) that have been knocked from pedestals tend to elevate themselves back up again,
cites?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby jkisha » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:16 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
jkisha wrote:And rich men (or women) that have been knocked from pedestals tend to elevate themselves back up again,
cites?

Ford
Lincoln
Churchill
Socrates
Freud
Sternberg
Darwin
Einstein
Pasteur
Edison
Woolworth
MacyLombardi
Boone (as in Daniel)

Shall I go on?
jkisha

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:36 pm

Darwin? I don't remember his having any hard times? And marrying a Wedgewood isn't pulling yourself up by your bootstraps.

Lincoln? Rich?

Socrates? We know nothing about him!

I'd say it's a pretty pathetic list, based more on your ideology than any actual facts.

And a list like that is far too anecdotal anyway.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby fciron » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:43 pm

jkisha wrote: and those artist types, well that's just their chosen lot in life. Though these days most artist with even marginal talent and great marketing skills tend to do quite well for themselves.

I know lots of artists who would beg to differ with that statement is well. Wishing the world worked a certain way does not make it so.
fciron

Postby jkisha » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:38 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Darwin? I don't remember his having any hard times? And marrying a Wedgewood isn't pulling yourself up by your bootstraps.

Lincoln? Rich?

Socrates? We know nothing about him!

I'd say it's a pretty pathetic list, based more on your ideology than any actual facts.

And a list like that is far too anecdotal anyway.

All of those people had to overcome adversity and failure to reach their status of notoriety.

My point is that usually people that 'have what it takes' once, usually know how to do it again, should it be necessary. I've heard it put that if all of the money in the world were divided equally amoung all of the people in the world, it would take very little time for the money to again be redistributed back to the same people that had all the money to begin with. That always seemed to make sense to me just based on observation. Look at what happens to many people when they win the lottery--the go out and spend all their money on things that they really can't afford, then in a few years they are broke again.

JK
jkisha

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:55 am

omar sharif. Lost his Fortune at least 6 times

"I'll just make another movie"

A Gambler's Gambler.

Lucien Freud. The Best living painter in the world.

lost 7 million pounds in ONE DAY at the racetrack

"ach, i'll just make more paintings"

it is not important how a man behaves when he has a million dollars, but how he conducts himself AFTER it's gone...

does he wallow in his losses, never to rise?

Or does he pick himself up, dust himself off, and go do it again?

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:15 am

I still say it's selection bias, probably getting into cherry picking.

Don't pick someone famous. AFter all, I could start a list with Yuri Gargarin, Sally Ride, Buzz Aldrin, Neal Armstrong... and then say it proved that space travel was common for Caucasians in the 20th century.

No, give me some broader studies. Using tax rolls, census data, and wills. Find a group of people, a LARGE group of people, who had money before a crash, lost it in the crash, and then see what happens afterwards. Then run some solid stats. Sure there are those who would do well in most circumstances. But accuisition of wealth is a lot more complicated than that.

As for Sharif and Frued, I don't think they exemplify anything. Except that gamblers don't learn. It was just luck that they ended as they did. You could find thousands, even millions of gamblers who never got it back.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:43 am

whether we like it or not, we gamble everyday with our own lives.

Some of us use money, that's all.

my point is, it is not the money that makes the man, (or woman) but the other way around.

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby fciron » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:59 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:my point is, it is not the money that makes the man, (or woman) but the other way around.

...but it sure helps to have money when you start.
fciron

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Theme