HOW TO DESTROY BURNING MAN

Share your views on the policies, philosophies, and spirit of Burning Man.

Postby Finnegan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:00 pm

MOOPERS, and that includes all you smokers who ash on the playa, careless glowstick users, drunk people who pour drinks onto the playa)

Let's all play Troll or Idiot! I guess, Idiot, but it's a tough one.

Here's me flicking my cigar ash our your boot. Maybe just don't come next year. That would show us your real commitment to not defiling the playa.
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd
Finnegan

Postby fciron » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:51 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
fciron wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I'm going for reflooding of the playa.

No Good. Fish (ahem) and MV boats will escape.

Anthrax?

Hmmmm, yeesss.

No one would see it in all the dust. Perfect!
fciron

Postby Karma » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:54 pm

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
We know Major Tom's 4
A junkie
Strung out in heaven's high
Hitting an all-time low
"God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh".

Voltaire

Postby mars » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 am

mdmf007 wrote:You want to know where all them little bits of Mooop go?
Drive to the North East end of the playa. This is where we camp for the Land SPeed record attempt. theres nothing but little bits of paper, foam, and tons and tons of burnt wood - little pieces about the size of a nickle.

Ohhhh, do you think we could make money off them? BM souvenir shoppe?
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.
mars

Postby gyre » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:25 am

If you want to destroy burning man just set up free bars and let every idiot in california know about it.
They will all come and stay drunk for a week.
Wooooooo!!!
gyre

Postby CLARKcon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:45 pm

Stop Burning Man: Simple. Just set up a fairly vast irrigation system (diverting water from both Gerlach/Empire), throw/dust crop about 18 1/2 tons of regular grass seed (or Blue prairie blend) and grow the worlds biggest Chia Pet (" No DUST!? No SURVIVAL! F' THIS!")
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby fciron » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 pm

DALEK CAMP!!
fciron

Re: HOW TO DESTROY BURNING MAN

Postby brcprincess » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:52 pm

sktELEMENT wrote:Not far from it, I have a feeling some major destructions are close...Anyone have ideas of it??

Drug Dealers (fuck you all, you miss the point you selfish fucks)

Out of area police (this year two of my camp members got busted, We have a camp of 8)

Where did your 'busted' camp mates buy their drugs?

:roll:
brcprincess

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 am

CLARKcon wrote:Stop Burning Man: Simple. Just set up a fairly vast irrigation system (diverting water from both Gerlach/Empire), throw/dust crop about 18 1/2 tons of regular grass seed (or Blue prairie blend) and grow the worlds biggest Chia Pet (" No DUST!? No SURVIVAL! F' THIS!")

We're working toward a CURE! Keep at it, bro!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Re: HOW TO DESTROY BURNING MAN

Postby justfred » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:55 am

chiefdanfox wrote:
sktELEMENT wrote:Not far from it, I have a feeling some major destructions are close...Anyone have ideas of it??

I put some thought into this, and I think six Daisy Cutter bombs, one dropped over each portal, at 6:00 and J, and one on Center Camp would obliterate Burning Man, if done during the festival. A coordinated attack from the east, an hour after sunrise on Saturday would probably catch a lot of folks at their most vulnerable, as well, but a nighttime bomb run would be a little more "burnier". Did that help? Can I have my gift now?

Wouldn't napalm, and/or the modern equivalent, FAE, be more apropos?

"We'll come in low out of the rising sun and about a mile out, we'll put on the music . . . Yeah, I use Wagner - scares the hell out of the slopes! My boys love it!"

I think that would best suit the spirit of the event.

I loved the description of "precision" FAE - it's basically a refrigerator-sized box on casters, you open up the back of the plane and push it out.

Save the "daisy cutters" for the Electric Daisy Carnival.
What goes around, comes around.
justfred

Postby justfred » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:01 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
fciron wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:I'm going for reflooding of the playa.

No Good. Fish (ahem) and MV boats will escape.

Anthrax?

"Outbreak of Anthrax kills cows in Nevada

Thirty cows at a ranch north of Gerlach died over the past week as a result of an outbreak of the deadly disease anthrax.

Nevada Department of Agriculture State Veterinarian, Dr. David Thain, reported that the outbreak occurred on a ranch northwest of Gerlach in Washoe County.

"The Department's Reno Animal Disease Laboratory isolated a pure strain of anthrax," said Thain.

Anthrax is an uncommon, highly contagious disease of livestock. "The spores of this bacteria can live in the soil for many years," continued Dr. Thain. "The current outbreak is believed to be due to recent ditch cleaning that released soil borne spores onto pasture grasses. The cattle became infected when they ate the grass."

Anthrax is also recognized as a potential weapon used by bio-terrorists and was a significant threat in the war with Iraq in the early nineties.

Bacillus anthracis is found most commonly in areas with neutral to mildly alkaline soil, following drought and flooding, or following excavations that disturb the soil and bring B. anthracis spores to the surface.

Anthrax is transmitted while animals graze in areas that previously experience the disease and the spores contaminate the water or forage.

Anthrax can be transmitted to neighboring ranches by birds, insects, or carnivorous predators.

If antrax is suspected in a field case where the animal is found dead, it is best to call a veterinarian as soon as possible. The specimen must be fresh for identification of anthrax because the effects of putrefactive bacteria in an unopened carcass at temperatures of 77° - 86° decimates the anthrax and recovery is difficult.

There are areas in the world, including Nevada, in which anthrax is endemic. This results in chronic environmental contamination with resulting animal and human disease.

Several endemic areas have been recorded. The state veterinarian, local veterinarian, or any of the long-established ranchers are able to identify historic areas reporting Bacillus anthracis morbidity or mortality. "
-Record news for Sept. 9, 2000 - http://www.modocrecord.com/2000%20Archives.html
What goes around, comes around.
justfred

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:57 pm

The fact that the DMV tried to destroy Burning Man this year and it didn't work, I have a suggestion:

Since it was in Nevada that most testing of nuclear bombs took place, I suggest we detonate one more nuclear device around noon Friday. That would incinerate all of the goddamn filthy hippies, queers, freaks, frat boyz, ravers, drunks, Republicans, LEOs, an occasional Indian or two, and get rid of all of my fucking Barbie dolls once and for all. That would be both a fitting and ironic end to all of the losers who call themselves Burners.

Next year I'm going to Disney World.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby gyre » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:09 pm

Doc, want to make arrangements for me to bail you out after the burn?
gyre

Postby Box Burner » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:23 pm

HOW TO DESTROY BURNING MAN

what's the point? they are going to burn him at the end of the week anyhow.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby motskyroonmatick » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Exterminate. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!!!!!
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby gyre » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:47 pm

I don't recall daleks out there.

If a bunch ran amuck in the rave camps, would people flee or chat them up?
gyre

Postby drutter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:37 am

Regarding the cig ash debate, I wouldn't like walking around in the playa dust with patches of black ground-in ash on it. I like that the place looks "clean" despite the dust, because it's uniform and untainted. Yes, the Burn at the end of the week is way messier, but that's at the END of the week. Once that happens and everybody leaves, they can clean the entire area around the Burn, including the charred playa dust. Cig ash is a problem because it happens starting at the BEGINNING of the week, and also because it's everywhere, not just around the Man.

That said, I don't think I'd chase a run-away bit of ash I'd dropped. Still, if people need to smoke while they're out and about, they could carry somewhere to put the ash, or pause somewhere with a garbage can or ashtray to have their cig.

I found quite a few butts. It was one of the only things it seemed some ppl believed was okay to moop. As if it's supposed to be there, or something. No, ppl, it's moop.

mdmf007 wrote:You want to know where all them little bits of Mooop go???

Drive to the North East end of the playa. This is where we camp for the Land SPeed record attempt. theres nothing but little bits of paper, foam, and tons and tons of burnt wood - little pieces about the size of a nickle.

Really? That's gross. Does the cleanup team deal with it?
Heavy on preparations, light on expectations.
drutter

Postby gyre » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:42 am

Why do so many smokers think that a cigarette vanishes the second they throw it on the ground?
gyre

Postby goathead » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:46 am

gyre wrote:Why do so many smokers think that a cigarette vanishes the second they throw it on the ground?

One of the great, unanswered questions in the universe.
goathead

Postby Toolmaker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:58 am

mdmf007 wrote:You want to know where all them little bits of Mooop go???

Nobody goes out there to clean it up. Our community only worries about that trash fenceline. If someone were REALLY concerned about MOOP they would take a lil trip outside of that fence and clean up what gets out.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Postby brcprincess » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:37 pm

gyre wrote:Why do so many smokers think that a cigarette vanishes the second they throw it on the ground?

Why are smokers asked to ash in a tin when there are massive structures being burnt to cinders on the Playa?
brcprincess

Postby lurker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:10 am

Are the land speed record people 'leave no trace' too?
"Life is like a box of razor blades. Sharp, shiny, and good for removing unwanted body hair"
lurker

Postby jkisha » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:39 am

brcprincess wrote:
Why are smokers asked to ash in a tin when there are massive structures being burnt to cinders on the Playa?

Why do people smoke?

JK
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby mdmf007 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:01 pm

lurker wrote:Are the land speed record people 'leave no trace' too?

They are most certainly so - The whole team cleans up well. BLM was on hand the entire time as well.

In between runs in october 2008 - Me on the tailgate right side.

It blows hard in October too

Low speed run on the playa to test magnetic brakes, chutes, tracking systems, telemetry, etc
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=loiEXfuz2UQ
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby CLARKcon » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:10 am

That's awsome mdmf007 :D ! Sooo, what are the odds of turning it into an art car? Moreso, is it even capable of going less than the 5mph dust restriction speed?
COFFEE CAMP: "The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"
"Remember- Drink coffee...it's for your own good"
"DRINK IT!"
"...it's only just begun."
"To Percolate & Serve."
CLARKcon

Location: .:P3 OASIS & COFFEE CAMP (@ 2:15 & "G") in Fandango Village:.
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Postby AntiM » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:24 pm

brcprincess wrote:

Every little bit helps.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby fciron » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Thread Drift!! (That is an awesome art car.)

I finally figured out how do destroy Burning Man -- Tell everyone how great it was when they weren't there! "It used to be so great .... "

Repeat ad nauseum.
fciron

Postby Glittering Clitoris » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:26 am

fciron wrote:Thread Drift!! (That is an awesome art car.)

I finally figured out how do destroy Burning Man -- Tell everyone how great it was when they weren't there! "It used to be so great .... "

Repeat ad nauseum.

Burning Man was Great...

Until you showed up!
I BURN for YOU!
Glittering Clitoris

Postby fciron » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Thanks, GC.

Now tell all your friends.
fciron

Previous

Return to Politics & Philosophy