Thank you and good night from Spike's Vampire Bar!

Thank you and good night from Spike's Vampire Bar!

Postby TheMuse » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Spike's would like to send out a big THANK YOU to all of our friends and patrons over the last 5 years. It has been our pleasure to serve you! The bar burned on Sunday night after the temple and is no more.

Be sure to check out Underworld next year... the next generation will be kicking it up a notch!
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
TheMuse

Postby willyloafofphora » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:41 pm

When my friends said we were going to the vampire bar I certainly had my reservations. I wasn't quite sure how it would jive with my brain chemistry at that particular moment but I ended up having a great time. The staff was so nice an accommodating and it was the perfect example of how you can have any kind of experience you want on the playa. Thanks for the hospitality.
Excrement, incestuous person. I require my copulating currency, incestuous person.
willyloafofphora

Postby pizzamancer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:44 am

Thanks for the good times. I made it into Spikes 3 times, and it was one of the highlights of my first Burning Man.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby BitterDan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Does this mean I can stop wearing garlic around my neck?
Camp FuckIt + MT - 7:15 & D (maybe)
BitterDan

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:10 pm

No. It's much more convinient for me to pull a clove off your neck than go through the bins when I want to season the food. And stop walking off to "explore the city" when I'm cooking, dammit!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MikeVDS » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:14 am

Spikes was good times with good people. I think my daughter had the pleasure of being the youngest dancer on your stage and on the last night on the playa.

MikeVDS

It's been a great five seasons of Spike's

Postby marck » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:36 am

I remember the first time my brother and I walked into Spike's. I remember all the changes and improvements that came with each year. I remember dragging out virgins from our camp to the best bar in Center Camp, and having them spend much of their time there for the rest of the week.

Spike's was great, just the spot I wish I had in my little city in the Default world. It was always worth walking through nighttime sandstorms from the 3 o'clock keyhole for the music, dancers and energy.

I look forward to Underworld, but they have some pretty large shoes to fill.

Cheers to five fantastic years.
marck

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Playawaste Raiders

Postby Rev_Sysyphus » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:38 pm

2008 was my 1st burn and I am glad I made it into Spike's before she burned! I didn't have a cup when I came by and had to take a drink of the house specialty in a rather contorted way from the IV bag. I would not have had it any other way.

Goodbye Spike's, I hardly knew ya!
Eschew The Banal!

Rev. Sysyphus
http://loafington.wordpress.com
Rev_Sysyphus

Postby fciron » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:56 pm

I was just gonna retrieve my bike from Center Camp during the Saturday Dust Storm and I wound up at Spike's for a couple of hours. One of my highlights. Thanks!

Safety Third!
fciron

Spike's is dead, long live Spike's!

Postby wildilocks » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:39 am

I was going to post on the Spike's Tribe, but it looks like Tribe is officially down for the count, so hopefully some of you guys will see this here [unless someone wants to invite me to the googlegroup?]

I had a wonderful burn and it was fantastic to meet you all and serve at the bar and help in little ways here and there. I really did feel welcomed [and so unexpectedly!] and more at home at Spike's than anywhere else - the music this year out on the playa didn't grab me anywhere near as much as it did in '06, so it was great to have a wonderful soundtrack in the background at 'home' most of the time! My only regret is not having had more time, 6 days is not enough!!

My photos are up on flickr if you'd like to see the few Spike's pics there amongst a random assortment of art and stuff:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildilocks ... 133521301/

Cheers guys! Please feel free to message me here - and if you are on livejournal I'm happy to add you, but I don't do FB and I don't check myspace that often. But I would love to keep in touch.

Cass
wildilocks

Postby Minxy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks Spikes! You rocked. :) You'll be missed. :)
Minxy

Spike's Was Awesome!

Postby NanSee » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:35 pm

Came in Thurs night with the boyfriend and danced ourselves silly on and off the stage! Stuck around for the Virgin Sacrifice before heading off for other playa adventures.

I look forward to seeing what madness ensues next year with the new venture.

Thank You!
NanSee

Postby kalisharp11 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Oh no! There was always the hottest guys at Spikes. I was going to go back next year. This fine looking south americanish dude gave me some blood in my half melted snow cone there. I was totally thinking about that guy later when I was with my boyfriend. Spikes will be missed. Too bad. :)
kalisharp11

Postby TomServo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:05 am

Hey Muse!! Toi Box brought me around this year, and I had a fucking blast at your bar! Thanx!! for all the wine and Blood!!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Kwai Chang Caine » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:52 pm

I loved Spike's! It was always one of my center camp haunts......
<FORM>
<INPUT>
</FORM>
Kwai Chang Caine

Return to 2008 Theme Camps