Free Labor for Art Car or Installation for 2009

Free Labor for Art Car or Installation for 2009

Postby Playa Pepper » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:51 pm

I would love to hook up with an artist/artists constructing an installation piece or art car for 2009. I will happily donate my labor, good nature, intelligence, hard work and creativity for a chance to help create and be amongst fellow art making burners.

I am happy to send a resume or have a phone interview for review purposes. Please shoot an email if you are this person/persons or might direct me to the right avenues to pursue this possibility.

I implore you to point me in the right direction if you have any ideas or leads.

Manifesting this dream. Starting now.
Playa Pepper

Postby pinemom » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:48 am

Awesome offer Playa pepper, sounds to me like a wonderful offer!
I had the oppertunity to go out early and work on Shiva Vista art platform. Its a wonderful experience. Im sure as soon as your colorado burners get the dust outa their brains, someone will take you up on your offer of help.
Not to mention that you get that wonderful burner loving feeling working side by side a bunch of burners that have an idea but not enough hands to make it a reality!

Colorado burners...pick this burner up and enrich each other!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Playa Pepper » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:54 am

Thank you Pinemom for the encouragement! How did you get the opportunity to go out and work on Shiva Vista? Would love to know more about that.

I don't have to stay in CO. I am happy to travel anywhere west to work - CA, OR, WA...where ever the art is happening.
Playa Pepper

Postby pinemom » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:51 am

Im in the fire conclave Controlled Burn in Reno. They are the base of which the Shiva Vista was founded(members designed and shin mastered).
Its its own Art. specifically it isnt directly attached to CB.
Life of its own, so to speak.
This thread will find 100's of burners, to which Im sure will find you a very full plate of art happiness!

there are TONS of burners in Co...they will find you!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
pinemom

Postby Toolmaker » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Sad that you're too far from me. I have a pickup thats in process of being mutated and a large flaming dome thats also in process. I don't think I'll be bringing either to BM but to regionals where they will be accepted and appreciated more. My mutant vehicle is not mutant enough to pass the BM requirements for mutation. Unfortunately my design is art and cannot be made to look in a way where isn't not recognizable as a truck. If anyone is in Florida and wants to collaborate pls drop me a line.

Good luck in your search foir a project.. keep sticking around here and tribe. There are always folks dropping in from time to time looking for backup. Closer to burn time as some folks get close to the wire and others flake off we get requests for help so you may have the best luck right before the burn.

If all else fails you could always offer some help on the playa.
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.
Toolmaker

Vegas based art

Postby visualist » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:32 am

Playa Pepper,
If you find yourself in the Vegas area we have an art car and art installation in the development stages for 2009. Like toolmaker said... on playa help is also usually very welcome! Hope you find the perfect fit for your talents.

Visualist -
Citizen Earth
visualist

Postby designbunny » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:11 pm

I am also very interested in helping out on some BM projects... though I live in Sydney, Australia ... but will be going back to BM next year.
I'm a practically minded female who loves being creative and making mad stuff... any one want a hand in constructing or painting etc let me know :)
designbunny

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:35 pm

So, you might want to say when you'll be in country, if you're helping out here. If in Australia, well, I just don't know. I think of how expensive to ship anything large here.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2009 Art & Performance